Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Why not utilise your system's redundant processing power for a worthy cause, and join the MSI HQ Red Rockets Folding@Home team?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Geforce3 TI200 problem  (Read 815 times)

Drackwolf

Geforce3 TI200 problem
« on: 06-January-03, 15:55:50 »

Im not sure whats causing this. All over my screen, in both Win98 and XP, Im getting thin transparent flickering lines all the way down the screen. It gets worse if I turn the refresh up higher, or play a game.
Ive also had problems with Unreal Tournament 2003 freezing every few seconds in resolutions higher then 640x480, but that may be unrelated.

Ive got a Soyo Dragon motherboard, with an Athlon XP 1800+, 256 megs of ram, 300watt power supply.

Richard

• nForce & GeForce Guru
  • Power Edition
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 07-January-03, 16:12:47 »

Drackwolf,

Try your comp with another monitor and see if it is the vid card or the monitor.  (I do not mean buy another monitor, just hook it up t a friends monitor if you do not have another one around.)

Good Luck,

Richard
Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Custom Computers of Naples, Inc.

LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR
Athlon64 3700+ Sandy
(o/c'd 2.8Ghz)
Zalman CNPS9500LED
2-1Gb Mushkin Extreme PC-4000 (Slots 2 & 4)
(o/c'd 510Mhz)
2 x MSI NX6800GT-T2D256 (o/c'd Stock)
X-Mystique 7.1 GOLD - Dolby Digital Live
2-WD Raptors Raid 0
(16k Stripe)
NEC 16 Dual Layer DVD+/-RW
Logitech Z-680 500W Dolby Digital DTS THX 5.1
Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse
Saitek Eclipse Keyboard

Drackwolf

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 09-January-03, 14:06:44 »

Update.

When I swap out to my Geforce2MX, the problem is gone, and everything runs ok. My PSU is a 300watt, 170 combined I believe, but Im not sure thats the problem

Recently, games have started freezing sporadicly in some cases, and just going back to normal a few seconds later, and that doesent occur with the Geforce. The problem with the lines has gotten MUCH worse, theyve become much more noticable on the desktop. If it was a problem with power, wouldent the overall problem stay consistent?

Chris Morgan

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 09-January-03, 14:25:47 »

Drackwolf

Just an idea try your video card in a friends machine to see if the card is faulty.

Also try setting the voltages to the AGP slot manually they should be around 2.6 / 2.7 Volts.

Hope it helps
Pages: [1]   Go Up