Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 40x12x48 Dragonwriter problem  (Read 2536 times)

KiasThor

40x12x48 Dragonwriter problem
« on: 14-October-02, 20:45:47 »

Sorry for cross posting, but seems to me that this message aint noticed if I don´t start new thread.

Hello, I have also problems with my cd-writer. First it burned nicely 16x cd-roms and I didnt care about it because those cd-r´s where only supported to 16x. Now I got better roms and those are supported to 32x. If I try to burn them with Nero 5.5.9.14 I can´t do it at all. Every single burn has failed. I installed the bundle version that i got with the drive (5.5.7.1) and I can burn cd´s with 8-16x. I have read these boards now many hours and noticed that firmware update is what I need. Well I went to dl page and took the correct firmware and installed it. I rebooted my pc and tried to burn cd. Surprise, surprise it failed again.

OK the last thing I did, I set my cd-drive to pio (actually xp changed it automatically). I opened nero took autopilot off, set my cd-rom in (24xTDK) change writing speed to 16x. (after setting autopilot off i can see all speeds  8o ) Track at once, no multisession, close cd, -> burn the data-cd. Everything seemed to go great. I opened the cd, data is there is there and it seems that i can use the cd. BUT when i try open/copy the files it stucks. Then I started to investigate the cd I just made. It isnt finished. To me it seems that THIS DRIVE JUST CAN´T CLOSE CD´s.

What to do?

My hardware
KT3 Ultra-ARU MS-6380E
amd athlon 1200
256ddr
40gt samsung Ide master
40x12x48 Dragonwriter 2nd ide
geforce1 ddr
winxp pro
nero 5.5.9.14 or 5.5.7.1

I just wonder that what I´ve done wrong because others seems to get help from firmware update. I really appreciate answers. And the burn fails, it doesn´t matter if I try to backup cd or just burn simple data.

-KiasThor

Delrik

Try using the a.u.z acer firmware
« Reply #1 on: 19-October-02, 09:21:39 »

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my MSI 48x drive and I discovered that ACER manufactured the internal components and firmware.  For some reason the MSI site doesn't have the latest firmware so I installed the Acer vA.U.Z firmware and got a vast improvement.  Try that, it might help.

-Delrik

KiasThor

I think mine is made by benq
« Reply #2 on: 20-October-02, 22:07:33 »

which is ex-acer :-) Well I took the drive back to reseller i get new one on next week. I told to reseller that he has to test it before it comes back to me.

My friend tested the drive on his pc before i took it back. He installed original firmware, the new firmware and it didnt work. Well let´s see what kind of player i get this time.

-KiasThor
Pages: [1]   Go Up