Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 56   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Forum HQ USB flashing tool!!!  (Read 627444 times)

acruther

• CORPORAL
Re: MSI Forum HQ USB flashing tool!!!
« Reply #100 on: 11-August-07, 12:45:01 »

How come the tool doesn't work with OEM MBs?

Ex Forum User 3

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
« Reply #101 on: 12-August-07, 08:00:34 »

OEM boards are not supported by MSI or the forum.
They are supported by OEMS like: Medion, Dell, IBM, HP and so on....
That's why the tool doesn't work for those boards, we made it detect if the board is MSI or OEM.

sold

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #102 on: 16-August-07, 12:37:09 »

Problems....
I have been trying to use the flashing tool for some time now. After formatting usb key with HP tool i finally got your usb flashing tool to put some files on it. So far so good....but when it says "file name to program" and "save current bios as" (backup.bin is already filld in after "save current bios as")i cant enter anything. Nothing works! The only thing i can do is restart computer. Anybody knows something??
-Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz (2 Cups), ~2.7Hz
-Motherboard: MSI P6N Diamond
-PSU: Antic True power quarto 1000w
-Memory: 4094MB RAM Corsair Dominator DDR2 6400C4 @1.9v, 4-4-4-12 1066Mhz
-Watercooling: Zalman Reserator XT, CPU, VGA
-Hard Drive: 320 GB SATA
-Graphic: Gainward 8800 GTX
-Monitor: Viewsonic VX2235 1680*1050
-Keyboard: Logitech G15
-Mouse: Logitech MX518
-Operating System: Windows Vista Home x64 Edition

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #103 on: 16-August-07, 14:14:46 »

Problems....
I have been trying to use the flashing tool for some time now. After formatting usb key with HP tool i finally got your usb flashing tool to put some files on it. So far so good....but when it says "file name to program" and "save current bios as" (backup.bin is already filld in after "save current bios as")i cant enter anything. Nothing works! The only thing i can do is restart computer. Anybody knows something??
leave "save current bios as" empty don't type anythink there, or if you want to safe the BIOS manually use different name.
or if you mean that the flasher hang when auto saving your BIOS, make sure that you are using stock PC parameters... remove any OC!!
other possibility is if the USB key for some reason is read only and the flasher can't create the backup file and hang.
re-test, if still hang during BIOS saving process, hit CTRL + C when booting from USB when the 1st screen popup, then type manually:
awdflash bios.bin

Be sure to use the tool from here.

It has been fail safe so far.

I read in a thread somewhere, people where having problems with v1.2 and 4GBs. So going back to v1.0 may solve your problem.
Thanks for that link!  Reverting back to BIOS v1.0 was much easier than going to v1.2.  I don't have a floppy, so I had to find a bootable CD iso and add the BIOS update to the iso....

Reverting back to 1.0 worked!  Thanks!

:biggthumbsup:

sold

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #104 on: 17-August-07, 06:18:51 »

I have not OC my comp so thats hardly the prob. Ive also tried saving files to memorystick and it works=no probs. Ill try ur suggestions.

Looks like computer hang for some reason. I cant type or delete anything and the line "backup.bin" is already fillid in.

sold

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #105 on: 17-August-07, 07:09:19 »

Okey, ive tried the last thing u wrote, typed manually. Now it seems computer hangs on a screen that says please wait and bios.bin is already filled in after "file name to program" U still think its my memorystick??
i really wanna see if 7.5 does the trick of fixing my memory problems. I cant use 4gb even though i should be able cause of my win xp x64.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #106 on: 17-August-07, 14:42:40 »

I have not OC my comp so thats hardly the prob. Ive also tried saving files to memorystick and it works=no probs. Ill try ur suggestions.

Looks like computer hang for some reason. I cant type or delete anything and the line "backup.bin" is already fillid in.
Okey, ive tried the last thing u wrote, typed manually. Now it seems computer hangs on a screen that says please wait and bios.bin is already filled in after "file name to program" U still think its my memorystick??
i really wanna see if 7.5 does the trick of fixing my memory problems. I cant use 4gb even though i should be able cause of my win xp x64.
open a new topic Intel Core Duo and Core 2 Duo based boards and explain the froze problem there to resolve.
never attempt BIOS update when your PC is unstable! such experiment easy can end with dead board.

P.S.: leave one memory stick only in 1st DIMM slot, then remove power cord from the PSU & Clear CMOS Guide. go to BIOS and ensure  Boot Sector Protection is Disabled.

sold

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #107 on: 18-August-07, 07:39:13 »

I clear the cmos when i get home...weekend now! Ill try it on sunday and let u know the outcome.

TY/Jeppe

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #108 on: 18-August-07, 07:48:31 »

I clear the cmos when i get home...weekend now! Ill try it on sunday and let u know the outcome.

TY/Jeppe
also leave one memory stick only(temporary just for BIOS update) in a 1st DIMM slot near to CPU socket to make PC as stable as possible, and do not forgot to turn off(Disable) Boot Sector Protection from BIOS. in other case will not let you update the BIOS cause its protected and hang at that place is expected.

sold

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #109 on: 20-August-07, 10:14:15 »

also leave one memory stick only(temporary just for BIOS update) in a 1st DIMM slot near to CPU socket to make PC as stable as possible, and do not forgot to turn off(Disable) Boot Sector Protection from BIOS. in other case will not let you update the BIOS cause its protected and hang at that place is expected.
All the above done.....afraid nothing new :confused2: It "freezes" on the exact same spot :bonk:

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #110 on: 20-August-07, 10:38:02 »

All the above done.....afraid nothing new :confused2: It "freezes" on the exact same spot :bonk:
no clue.. open a new topic Intel Core Duo and Core 2 Duo based boards  to troubleshooting.
other tips:
try alternative way:
flashing from CD/DVD Guide:
http://www.bios-chips.com/e/bios-boot-cd.htm
ensure that BIOS file is correct one for your board, double check it.

sold

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #111 on: 21-August-07, 04:56:38 »

Roger that m8. Ill try the cd-boot thingy. If that doesnt work ill buy a new, NON Msi board. Im fed up. It prolly would have been cheaper to buy a brand new 1500£, compared to the time ive spent on this memory/bios crap.

But super-thanx for all the help that u given me :agrees:

lihouboy

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #112 on: 23-August-07, 16:23:56 »

When I run the tool I get a lot of error messages along the lines of 'WMIC is not recognised as an internal or external program..."
From what I can discover WMIC doesn't seem to be included with XP Home - is it safe to ignore the error messages (Don't want a corrupt BIOS if I can avoid it!)

Thanks
MSI K8T Neo2 FIR Bios 3.2
AMD 3200+ (Winchester)
1Gb Geil Dual Channel
HD  Maxtor 32 Gb
      Hitachi 160 Gb
Radeon 9600
XP Home SP2

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #113 on: 23-August-07, 16:27:36 »

When I run the tool I get a lot of error messages along the lines of 'WMIC is not recognised as an internal or external program..."
From what I can discover WMIC doesn't seem to be included with XP Home - is it safe to ignore the error messages (Don't want a corrupt BIOS if I can avoid it!)

Thanks
yes it safe ignore it, the second alternative system will be used automatically.

lihouboy

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #114 on: 24-August-07, 15:36:04 »

Thanks, will soon be able to put a 4200X2 in the sig!
MSI K8T Neo2 FIR Bios 3.2
AMD 3200+ (Winchester)
1Gb Geil Dual Channel
HD  Maxtor 32 Gb
      Hitachi 160 Gb
Radeon 9600
XP Home SP2

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: 30-August-07, 06:42:11 »

Thanks, will soon be able to put a 4200X2 in the sig!
nice  :biggthumbsup: Lucky that you still able to find X2 939 CPU on the market :-))

lecoeureric

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #116 on: 02-September-07, 19:01:34 »

hello, i have problems with my memory and bios 1.3 for my p35 neo2.

today i update to 1.3.... crash... the bios frezze rrgr  testing memory... i try all the proccedures...

i use a memory from my brother and the system boot.

i want to flash to version 1.1, where i can find that download?.

i review the msi page and i cant find it

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #117 on: 02-September-07, 19:02:50 »

hello, i have problems with my memory and bios 1.3 for my p35 neo2.

today i update to 1.3.... crash... the bios frezze rrgr  testing memory... i try all the proccedures...

i use a memory from my brother and the system boot.

i want to flash to version 1.1, where i can find that download?.

i review the msi page and i cant find it
Please reply in your topic: (do not hijack this one) This tool can't help with BIOS recovery.
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=110881.0

Steyn

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #118 on: 08-September-07, 04:35:42 »

I always used LiveUpdate (Yes I know it's stupid and unsafe.. But it actually works perfect for me :o) but i've tried the USB flashing a few days ago: It worked :) At first I had some problems, as I couldn't boot from it. But I used a nifty tool from HP: ( http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/betriebssystem/32594/hp_usb_disk_storage_format_tool.html ) and formatted my USBstick to FAT32 and after that I was able to boot from it!

The flashing is really easy, as you just need to plug in your USBstick --> Download the MSI usbflash program --> Download your motherboard's BIOS (DONT unzip it) ---> Run the flashtool (This is really clear, you don't have to copy/paste any files yourself: The program does it) --> Reboot and boot from your USB stick --> The flashing will happen automatically :) You don't need to put in any hard commands or whatever.

So my MSI K9N Platinum is now running the newest v1.8 bios! A bios update wasn't really needed, but i'm an update freak.. I HAVE to run the latest drivers etc.  :rolleyes_anim:

Oh and when the v1.9 is released, i'll use this USB method again, instead of the LiveUpdate one! It's much safer/better. I can really recommend it.
MSI K9N Platinum, Bios v1.10 (latest)
Amd Athlon 64 X2 4600+ @ 2.4 GHz
GeIL 2 GB Dual Channel Value Kit PC2-8000 + 2 GB PC2-6400 (=4x1GB)
Nvidia Club3D 7900 GTX, 512mb
Seagate Barracuda 250GB, 16mb buffer
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty, FPS Soundcard w/ Front panel.
Medusa 5.1 Pro Gamer headset
Logitech G15 Gamers Keyboard.
Razer Copperhead, Anarchy Red
Aopen DVD R/RW
Enermax Liberty 400Watt, 3.3v/26A, 5V/28A, 12V1/20A, 12V2/20A, 440Watt Peak
Thermaltake Armor, Black, With Big side panel fan (25mm) + 4 Casefans (2 in- and 2 outake)
Samsung SyncMaster 931c 19', 2ms

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #119 on: 10-September-07, 20:06:07 »

I always used LiveUpdate (Yes I know it's stupid and unsafe.. But it actually works perfect for me :o) but i've tried the USB flashing a few days ago: It worked :) At first I had some problems, as I couldn't boot from it. But I used a nifty tool from HP: ( http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/betriebssystem/32594/hp_usb_disk_storage_format_tool.html ) and formatted my USBstick to FAT32 and after that I was able to boot from it!

The flashing is really easy, as you just need to plug in your USBstick --> Download the MSI usbflash program --> Download your motherboard's BIOS (DONT unzip it) ---> Run the flashtool (This is really clear, you don't have to copy/paste any files yourself: The program does it) --> Reboot and boot from your USB stick --> The flashing will happen automatically :) You don't need to put in any hard commands or whatever.

So my MSI K9N Platinum is now running the newest v1.8 bios! A bios update wasn't really needed, but i'm an update freak.. I HAVE to run the latest drivers etc.  :rolleyes_anim:

Oh and when the v1.9 is released, i'll use this USB method again, instead of the LiveUpdate one! It's much safer/better. I can really recommend it.
Thank you for your feeback :hat tip:

I also flashed from a USB key, which was simple, easy and quick - especially seeing as my machine is a HTPC without a floppy  ;D  If you want to do that, run a quick search on the forum because there is an excellent MSI utility which sets up the USB stick for you.
Thank you for your feeback :hat tip:

Hello,

A new version of the Tool has been done 1.15a.

History of Changes:

Added Build-In BIOS Live Update Feature, named as "SureHands".  The Tool will ID the exactly user board and PCB version and will provide choice to user for do you want to use this feature. after is done the Tool will list all existing BIOS versions for his board, not only the latest one like LiveUpdate do. because users often should go back to the some older version to solve some problem.(the newest one is not always best). so user will have choice which one to pickup. depend of user choice the Tool will do everything automatically.
Also the Tool will automatically check for latest Beta BIOS available for his board and will record the results in user desktop in file betabios.txt
That is informative info only, the Tool will not provide any option to download any betas. only will check for latest Beta BIOS which exist for user's board.
If user have interest to some betas he will be redirected to Contact to MSI Tech for more info about it.
Here is the list of supported boards by SureHands for now(later in time can be added more...):

975X Platinum PowerUp Edition (MS-7246, PCB 2.1)
K8N Diamond Plus( MS-7220, PCB 1.0)
865PE Neo2-P Platinum Edition (MS-6728, PCB 2.0C)
K8N Neo4-F (MS-7125, PCB 3.0)
K8NGM2-FID (MS-7207, PCB 2.0)
P35 Neo Combo-F  ((MS-7365, PCB 1.0))
P35 Neo2 Series  ((MS-7345, PCB 1.1))
P35 Platinum  ((MS-7345, PCB 1.1))
P35 Neo-F  ((MS-7360, PCB 1.0))
P6N Diamond ((MS-7320, (PCB 1.0)))
P6N SLI Platinum MS-7350 (PCB 1.0)
P6N SLI-FI  MS-7350 (PCB 2.0)
P6N SLI V2 MS-7346, (PCB 1.0)
P965 Platinum MS-7238, (PCB 1.1)
K9A Platinum MS-7280, (PCB 1.0)
K9N Neo-F (MS-7260, PCB 1.0 & 2.0 )
K9VGM-V (MS-7253, PCB1.0)
K9N Platinum  & K9N SLI Platinum(MS-7250, PCB1.0)
K8N Neo3 (MS-7135, PCB 1.0 & 2.0)

* Also the Tool has a prediction system which will be able to locate the BIOSes which has not been released yet when the Tool version is out.
In that way it will remove the needs of Tool to be selfupdated to be actual. e.g. the Tool will be up to date at any time for desired board without needs program to be updated 1st.
This feature will works even if MSI web is down for some reason(maintenance for example), and also it will provide all BIOS choices even if they are not available for manual download from MSI web page.
In a fact the user just need to pickup desired BIOS version and that is.... everythink will be done automataically and prepared to the USB key.(the flash will remain in a same way e.g. via pure DOS, reboot PC and boot from the USB key)
OS Compatible for SureHands: all kind of Microsoft OS 32 or 64 bit

As usual download location is in 1st post of this topic.

Best wishes,
MSIHQ Moderator TEAM

Prototype24

• SERGEANT
« Reply #120 on: 12-September-07, 23:56:00 »

Just wanted to Thanx BOSSKILLER for this tool, you saved my life dude!

ray99

« Reply #121 on: 16-September-07, 15:44:23 »

Ok, I'm afraid i did something stupid. (im on a k9n neo f) I wrote down what numbers the tool gave me, then i started the flash, the bios was cleared (not sure what it was but a whole list of things with 'done' behind them) now all that remains is A:\> I put in the numbers, but it gives me 'bad command of file name' I don't know what to do. I tried adsfi.exe a9650vms.160, witch is what the comuter gave me. i tired afud408.exe a7260nms.150 witch is on the usb stick. i tried other combinations, but all it gives me is the same error. Please help :nooo:

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #122 on: 16-September-07, 23:11:05 »

Ok, I'm afraid i did something stupid. (im on a k9n neo f) I wrote down what numbers the tool gave me, then i started the flash, the bios was cleared (not sure what it was but a whole list of things with 'done' behind them) now all that remains is A:\> I put in the numbers, but it gives me 'bad command of file name' I don't know what to do. I tried adsfi.exe a9650vms.160, witch is what the comuter gave me. i tired afud408.exe a7260nms.150 witch is on the usb stick. i tried other combinations, but all it gives me is the same error. Please help :nooo:

"Ok, I'm afraid i did something stupid. (im on a k9n neo f) I wrote down what numbers the tool gave me, then i started the flash, the bios was cleared (not sure what it was but a whole list of things with 'done' behind them) now all that remains is A:\>"

That is normal end of operation the bios will be backuped 1st, then updated and will end with A:\>.

"I put in the numbers, but it gives me 'bad command of file name' I don't know what to do. I tried adsfi.exe a9650vms.160, witch is what the comuter gave me. i tired afud408.exe a7260nms.150 witch is on the usb stick. i tried other combinations, but all it gives me is the same error. Please help :nooo:"
you no need to put or type anythink just reboot PC when you see A:\> or C:\>/* the job has been already done */

Kerry

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • The Clearing House
« Reply #123 on: 17-September-07, 04:07:36 »

Re: the link to "Re: Neo4 Plat Bios Flash update for dual core using USB flashing tool." I have a P35D3, will the BIOS flashing tool (installed on a USB stick) work for me? The title "Neo4 Plat" causes me to wonder.

Even though the components are scheduled to arrive in a few days I'd like to run the Flash installer onto a USB stick using this PC while I have spare time.

Thanks,

Kerry
MOBO: MSI P35D3 (MS-7356) BIOS v.1.31B0
Processor: INTEL Core 2 Duo E6850 3GHz FSB1333MHz 4M LGA775 w/fan
Memory: CORSAIR 2048MB (2x1024MB) DDR3 1066MHz PC8500, 1066C7 G Dual-Channel Kit
Hard Drives: (2) Western Digital Raptor 74GB Serial ATA 10,000RPM HDDs w/16MB Buffer
CD/DVD drives: PLEXTOR PX-810SA/SW-BL 18X SATA DVD Burner Black DVD±RW
Power Supply: ULTRA X3 600W Energy Efficient Modular ULT40073 Power Supply
Graphics Card: MSI NX8800-OC, 512MB, DDR3, dual-link, DX10, PCI-Expr x16 Video Card
Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution
Keyboard: Microsoft Office Keyboard
30" Dell LCD
19" ViewSonic LCD

Kerry King

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #124 on: 17-September-07, 04:13:08 »

Re: the link to "Re: Neo4 Plat Bios Flash update for dual core using USB flashing tool." I have a P35D3, will the BIOS flashing tool (installed on a USB stick) work for me? The title "Neo4 Plat" causes me to wonder.

Even though the components are scheduled to arrive in a few days I'd like to run the Flash installer onto a USB stick using this PC while I have spare time.

Thanks,

Kerry

Hello,

"Re: the link to "Re: Neo4 Plat Bios Flash update for dual core using USB flashing tool." I have a P35D3, will the BIOS flashing tool (installed on a USB stick) work for me? The title "Neo4 Plat" causes me to wonder. "

Yes the tool works for all kind of MSI board doesn't matter of hardware used. The instruction there are valid for all kind of boards.
But do not flash when the PC is working just fine....
btw that info into your signature:

MOBO: MSI P35D3 (MSI-7345)
That doesn't match, is it MS-7345 or P35D3 which is MS-7356 and not MS-7345?

Kerry

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • The Clearing House
« Reply #125 on: 17-September-07, 04:36:59 »

Can I download the Flash Installer to my present ASUS machine and then download the latest P35D3 BIOS to my ASUS HDD (zipped) then run the Installer and install the P35D3 BIOS to a USB stick using my present AUSU machine?

Then, when I put together the new MSI machine, I could enter the BIOS and configure it to boot from USB which would then upgrade the P35D3 BIOS?

Am I understanding the procedure correctly?

I'm assuming of course that the P35D3 will arrive from ZipZoomFly.com with an Installation Setup CD that will contain an older version of BIOS.

The other option I see is to run MSI's P35D3 Setup Installation CD and then install Vista and then download both the Flash Installer and the latest MSI P35D3 Bios and run the Flash Installer from the new P35D3 machine loading the BIOS onto a USB stick and the then configure the BIOS to boot to USB. and then reboot.

Thanks,

Kerry
Memory: CORSAIR 2048MB (2x1024MB) DDR3 1066MHz PC8500, 1066C7 G Dual-Channel Kit
Hard Drives: (2) Western Digital Raptor 74GB Serial ATA 10,000RPM HDDs w/16MB Buffer
Graphics Card: MSI NX8800-OC, 512MB, DDR3, dual-link, DX10, PCI-Expr x16 Video Card
30" Dell LCD
19" ViewSonic LCD

Kerry King

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #126 on: 17-September-07, 04:47:30 »

Can I download the Flash Installer to my present ASUS machine and then download the latest P35D3 BIOS to my ASUS HDD (zipped) then run the Installer and install the P35D3 BIOS to a USB stick using my present AUSU machine?

Then, when I put together the new MSI machine, I could enter the BIOS and configure it to boot from USB which would then upgrade the P35D3 BIOS?

Am I understanding the procedure correctly?

I'm assuming of course that the P35D3 will arrive from ZipZoomFly.com with an Installation Setup CD that will contain an older version of BIOS.

The other option I see is to run MSI's P35D3 Setup Installation CD and then install Vista and then download both the Flash Installer and the latest MSI P35D3 Bios and run the Flash Installer from the new P35D3 machine loading the BIOS onto a USB stick and the then configure the BIOS to boot to USB. and then reboot.

Thanks,

Kerry

"Am I understanding the procedure correctly?"
Yes, :yes: but look the notice below.

"Can I download the Flash Installer to my present ASUS machine and then download the latest P35D3 BIOS to my ASUS HDD (zipped) then run the Installer and install the P35D3 BIOS to a USB stick using my present AUSU machine?"

If you have an x64 MS$ OS there then yes, in other case no. you can do that on another MSI board.

"MSI P35D3 (MSI-7345)"
Make sure that you will pick correct BIOS file for your board, because MSI P35D3 is a NOT MS-7345
But do not flash at all when the PC is working just fine..

Kerry

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • The Clearing House
« Reply #127 on: 17-September-07, 05:41:38 »

Thanks BOSSKILLER,

Boy you're up at all hours!!!

That's good news.

Good catch. I'll change it to P35D3 MS-7356, That could be why I couldn't find a BIOS update. :)

Thanks,

Kerry

Edited error 1252 HRs
30" Dell LCD
19" ViewSonic LCD

Kerry King

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #128 on: 17-September-07, 06:47:58 »

Thanks BOSSKILLER,

That's good news.

Good catch. I'll change it to P35D3 MS-7356, That could be why I couldn't find a BIOS update. :)

Thanks,

Kerry

Edited error 1252 HRs
"Thanks BOSSKILLER,

That's good news."

:D  :lol_anim:
Just wanted to Thanx BOSSKILLER for this tool, you saved my life dude!
We are glad that Tool has been usefull :-))

"Good catch. I'll change it to P35D3 MS-7356, That could be why I couldn't find a BIOS update. :)

Thanks,

Kerry"

you are welcome :-))

ray99

« Reply #129 on: 17-September-07, 09:03:10 »

"Ok, I'm afraid i did something stupid. (im on a k9n neo f) I wrote down what numbers the tool gave me, then i started the flash, the bios was cleared (not sure what it was but a whole list of things with 'done' behind them) now all that remains is A:\>"

That is normal end of operation the bios will be backuped 1st, then updated and will end with A:\>.

"I put in the numbers, but it gives me 'bad command of file name' I don't know what to do. I tried adsfi.exe a9650vms.160, witch is what the comuter gave me. i tired afud408.exe a7260nms.150 witch is on the usb stick. i tried other combinations, but all it gives me is the same error. Please help :nooo:"
you no need to put or type anythink just reboot PC when you see A:\> or C:\>/* the job has been already done */

Thank you so much. I was afraid i had killed the mainboard. But the program did tell me to write down some numbers, so i figured i had to use them somewhere. Apparently not. Thank you.
But the bios update only fixed one of two problems i have. I always got the "unknow processor revision" error on post. That's gone now, but the other problem i have is that the computer won't recognize my memory as dual channel. The first screen always shows "single channel". This still happens. My memory is a OCZ DDR2 800 on pc6400 (OCZ2P800R21GK). Should work on this motherboard. I'm sure i put them in the correct slots (slots are 'green yellow green yellow') i put them both in the number 1 and number 3 slot. I've also tried putting them in the other two slots, but it didn't matter. Also when I use the cpu-z program, it tells me that the memory runs at 5 5 5 15, whereas it should acctually be 4 4 4 15. I see that with my new bios, i can manually set the clock timings (wich i'm gonna do after this) but it still always shows up as single channel. Is it the memory or the mainboard? Anyone have a clue?
Thanks.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #130 on: 17-September-07, 09:18:34 »

Thank you so much. I was afraid i had killed the mainboard. But the program did tell me to write down some numbers, so i figured i had to use them somewhere. Apparently not. Thank you.
But the bios update only fixed one of two problems i have. I always got the "unknow processor revision" error on post. That's gone now, but the other problem i have is that the computer won't recognize my memory as dual channel. The first screen always shows "single channel". This still happens. My memory is a OCZ DDR2 800 on pc6400 (OCZ2P800R21GK). Should work on this motherboard. I'm sure i put them in the correct slots (slots are 'green yellow green yellow') i put them both in the number 1 and number 3 slot. I've also tried putting them in the other two slots, but it didn't matter. Also when I use the cpu-z program, it tells me that the memory runs at 5 5 5 15, whereas it should acctually be 4 4 4 15. I see that with my new bios, i can manually set the clock timings (wich i'm gonna do after this) but it still always shows up as single channel. Is it the memory or the mainboard? Anyone have a clue?
Thanks.
"That's gone now, but the other problem i have is that the computer won't recognize my memory as dual channel. The first screen always shows "single channel". This still happens. My memory is a OCZ DDR2 800 on pc6400 (OCZ2P800R21GK). Should work on this motherboard. I'm sure i put them in the correct slots (slots are 'green yellow green yellow') i put them both in the number 1 and number 3 slot. I've also tried putting them in the other two slots, but it didn't matter. Also when I use the cpu-z program, it tells me that the memory runs at 5 5 5 15, whereas it should acctually be 4 4 4 15. I see that with my new bios, i can manually set the clock timings (wich i'm gonna do after this) but it still always shows up as single channel. Is it the memory or the mainboard? Anyone have a clue?"

BIOS update can't help with that. You need to use just correct DIMM slots, power down PC, remove power cord from the PSU and re-fill your memory sticks into DIMM1 & DIMM2 slots. (the 1st two DIMM slots near to CPU socket). Turn on the PC.

"Thank you so much. I was afraid i had killed the mainboard.But the bios update only fixed one of two problems i have. I always got the "unknow processor revision" error on post. That's gone now. Thanks."

Don't worry with the Tool your board is in sure hands :yes: you are welcome. :-))

ray99

« Reply #131 on: 17-September-07, 14:37:50 »

Ok! it worked, I just always assumed they had to be in same-colored banks. But the dual channel is enabled now. I've also manually set the clock timings to 4 4 4 15, and it's working perfect now, i've benchmarked my memory with pcmark04 before and after the bios update, setting clock timings and enabling ual channel. first score was 4700, second was 5200. Quite a difference. Now to just find out if my memory supports 1T command rate, it's on 2T atm.
Thanks again for all your help!

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #132 on: 17-September-07, 14:40:56 »

Ok! it worked, I just always assumed they had to be in same-colored banks. But the dual channel is enabled now. I've also manually set the clock timings to 4 4 4 15, and it's working perfect now, i've benchmarked my memory with pcmark04 before and after the bios update, setting clock timings and enabling ual channel. first score was 4700, second was 5200. Quite a difference. Now to just find out if my memory supports 1T command rate, it's on 2T atm.
Thanks again for all your help!
excellent :biggthumbsup: you are welcome :-))

Kane3_162

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #133 on: 21-September-07, 11:17:50 »

any chance on an update to bypass the mobo check so those who dont use the MSI board as a main system or those who cannot install windows due to a processor problem with the BIOS (me) arent screwed into using a floppy........... sorry but id like to prep my USB Flash from my server and it aint MSI so i cannot use both my MSI boards until this is resolved... or someone sends me a copy paste for the USB so i can get everything working properly... and no HP's tool doesnt work on this system and neither does the CD way..... no CD-Rom in this server.....
"Kane Lives In Death" (too bad EA f**ked it up...)

Mike

• aka Frankenputer
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Virginia, USA
« Reply #134 on: 21-September-07, 11:56:32 »

Kane3_162, use the HP prep tool to make a USB flash drive bootable, copy the flash utility and the bios file onto that prepared flash drive. You can then boot to that drive and flash from there as if you were doing it from a floppy.
#1:
MSI X38 Diamond/Bios 1.5; Core2Duo E8400 3.0Ghz; Thermalright Ultima-90HS/120 fan; 2X1GB DDR3 CorsairTWIN3X2048-1333C9DHXG; PIONEER|DVR-215DBK SATA DVD-DL & Lite-on DVD-ROM PATA; FDD; MSI 260GTX-T2D896; 196.34beta; Seagate 320GB  & WD 500GB SATA HDDs; PC P&C Silencer 750 +3.3V/24A~+5V/30A~+12V/60A; X-FI Xtreme PCIe; Antec P182 Case; XP PRO SP3

#2:
MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS Platinum/Bios 3.A; P4 2.8C HT; Thermalright XP-90HS; 2GB DDR400 RAM(2x1GB kit Mushkin HP3200 2-3-2-6); Nec ND-3550A DVD-DL & TDK 52X24X48 CD-RW; FDD; Nvidia GeForce 7800GS; 84.21; Maxtor 200GB & Seagate 200GB PATA HDDs; Enermax 465P VE-FMA +3.3V/35A~+5V/35A~+12V/33A; Audigy 2ZS; XP PRO SP3
Dell 2209WA LCD on a DVI KVM switch

MSI Wind U100

Kane3_162

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #135 on: 21-September-07, 11:58:41 »

simple fix..... except that the pc im using is LongHorn Beta3......

that HP tool... BOOM crash.... yeah its no fun.....

EDIT: kk this sucks.... off to work till Sunday... lates all.... lates...

Mike

• aka Frankenputer
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Virginia, USA
« Reply #136 on: 21-September-07, 12:03:46 »

Find a friend with a computer that you can use the HP tool.

We're veering off topic a bit here(my fault).  Let's start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing the HP tool.  You can always make a bootable CD and put the files there and also flash from there.
The MSI tool has been, and continues to be developed, for MSI boards and to find bioses for MSI boards.
#1:
MSI X38 Diamond/Bios 1.5; Core2Duo E8400 3.0Ghz; Thermalright Ultima-90HS/120 fan; 2X1GB DDR3 CorsairTWIN3X2048-1333C9DHXG; PIONEER|DVR-215DBK SATA DVD-DL & Lite-on DVD-ROM PATA; FDD; MSI 260GTX-T2D896; 196.34beta; Seagate 320GB  & WD 500GB SATA HDDs; PC P&C Silencer 750 +3.3V/24A~+5V/30A~+12V/60A; X-FI Xtreme PCIe; Antec P182 Case; XP PRO SP3

#2:
MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS Platinum/Bios 3.A; P4 2.8C HT; Thermalright XP-90HS; 2GB DDR400 RAM(2x1GB kit Mushkin HP3200 2-3-2-6); Nec ND-3550A DVD-DL & TDK 52X24X48 CD-RW; FDD; Nvidia GeForce 7800GS; 84.21; Maxtor 200GB & Seagate 200GB PATA HDDs; Enermax 465P VE-FMA +3.3V/35A~+5V/35A~+12V/33A; Audigy 2ZS; XP PRO SP3

MSI Wind U100

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #137 on: 21-September-07, 12:08:17 »

any chance on an update to bypass the mobo check so those who dont use the MSI board as a main system or those who cannot install windows due to a processor problem with the BIOS (me) arent screwed into using a floppy........... sorry but id like to prep my USB Flash from my server and it aint MSI so i cannot use both my MSI boards until this is resolved... or someone sends me a copy paste for the USB so i can get everything working properly... and no HP's tool doesnt work on this system and neither does the CD way..... no CD-Rom in this server.....

Okey so you have some strange MS OS(Longhorn as you noted me via PM) on the non MSI machine, which want to use to flash MSI board.

Options:

1.  HP Formater (you said its useless, due incompatibility with that OS)
2.  CD/DVD you don't have in that system...
3.  MSI HQ Tool will refuse to work because the board is not MSI...
  (the Tool will work there, but board is not MSI)
4.  Floppy is not a deal.. becouse it is not relative storage

Well simply make a bootable diskette, then copy a BIOS file and flash program  on the USB key(no need to make it bootable..).
Then boot turn on "USB KB/Storage Support(USB legacy Support)" on the MSI board, and boot from diskette. then switch to USB drive letter assigned and flash it from there.

Kane3_162

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #138 on: 21-September-07, 12:15:42 »

maybe you miss my point......

I have 2 MSI Boards
One is
K8N Diamond Plus
K9N Diamond

both have bad WinInstallz no i dont care to reinstall until BIOS are updated....
only PC I have at the moment to use

old Dual P3 board of unknown origin running Dual P3 1.4ghz with 2GB 133 ECC Ram uptime 376 days no floppy drive and no cd-rom drive, thus USB is answer for getting back to performance pc's... but alas even if i wanted to USB tool tells me to stuff it cause the board or origin isnt a MSI making me have 2 $200 paperweight computer's.... (well one has a 6000+ and an 8800gts so its a bit heavier and more $$$$)

so in closing
"The MSI tool has been, and continues to be developed, for MSI boards and to find bios's for MSI boards."
GREAT now if only it supported preping the USB to flash a MSI motherboard from a different system it would fill this statement 100% as of now its falling short at 50% IE if you have a working MSI Mobo with a working OS on it your good to go, if not you can go screw yourself......

kool now thats off my chest im going to work which i do until Sunday 2x LAN Parties where I am the Head Administrator... yet i still cannot use one of the 80pc's i build to use this utility due to the owner forbidding anything but LAN related work being done on these systems (yeah all 80 are MSI boards....)

so see you all Sunday

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #139 on: 21-September-07, 12:36:19 »

"old Dual P3 board of unknown origin running Dual P3 1.4ghz with 2GB 133 ECC Ram uptime 376 days no floppy drive "
Find a PC with floppy then and make it bootable, or find a already maked bootable diskette.. you no need to have floppy on that PC..

There is a lot of options, which can you take all depend of you.

Simplest way find a PC with regular MS OS and make a USB key bootable and copy all which you need there and re-flash the boards which need..
or another MSI board and use the Tool. CD/DVD options... bootable diskette and flash from USB/HDD with FAT&FAT32 FS. bootable diskette with RAM Drive installed.. and so on..

Kane3_162

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #140 on: 21-September-07, 13:07:52 »

or do like i plan and brute force the MSI tool and do like i said and fix my MSI boards since it seems that the makers of the tool only thought half way thought making the tool...... yep and brute force takes a good 2 days (while i work).... kool im good thx for the tool and nothing else whoever made the tool

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #141 on: 21-September-07, 13:18:47 »

or do like i plan and brute force the MSI tool and do like i said and fix my MSI boards since it seems that the makers of the tool only thought half way thought making the tool...... yep and brute force takes a good 2 days (while i work).... kool im good thx for the tool and nothing else whoever made the tool
seems you are not looking for help, but somethink else..

Kane3_162

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #142 on: 21-September-07, 13:21:10 »

no im looking for help... but it seems that no-one want to help in the way i would like help IE id like this tool to help me update my MSI boards.... and use my other mobo to prep the USB yeah yeah it means that others could update other brand mobo's if something where changed wrong but as i said "Im a potty mouth" i want to update my MSI BIOS and since no-one is willing to but a mobo check bypass so i can prep the usb key at least it means i have to do it the heard way.... yeah w00t lots of support forum....

Kane3_162, do not try getting around our language rules by using chat shorthand. You have been warned.
Please read and comply with the Forum Rules.

Frankenputer

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #143 on: 21-September-07, 13:29:41 »

no im looking for help... but it seems that no-one want to help in the way i would like help IE id like this tool to help me update my MSI boards.... and use my other mobo to prep the USB yeah yeah it means that others could update other brand mobo's if something where changed wrong but as i said "I'm a potty mouth" i want to update my MSI BIOS and since no-one is willing to but a mobo check bypass so i can prep the usb key at least it means i have to do it the heard way.... yeah w00t lots of support forum....
I already said what options you have.. there is a lot of alternative ways...
The tool was not planned to work in non MSI boards... What you should do if the Tool doesn't exist? I don't think that he is the crucial factor here...

yamahaSHO

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • http://members.cardomain.com/yamahasho
« Reply #144 on: 24-September-07, 00:21:30 »

I put the "Installer" and the two BIOS files for my motherboard on one USB drive and when I try and boot from it, it says it is invalid or corrupted bootable partition....  Am I doing something wrong here?
Jason
- Antec P180B
- MSI P6N Diamond
- Core2Duo E6750 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
- Kingston HyperX 2 x 1GB DDR2 RAM (PC6400)
- EVGA nVidia 8800GT 512MB SSC w/Arctic Cooling Accelero S1
- Built-in X-fi
- Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 MCE
- SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA
- LG HD DVD/Blu-Ray Combo Drive
- WD SE16 320GB & SE16 500GB x 2
- Enermax Infiniti 720w PSU
- Yate Loon 120mm fan x  4
- Samsung 40" 720P LCD HDTV
- Vista Home Premium

- Antec NSK2480
- GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C
- Core2Duo E4500 w/ Scythe Ninja Mini
- Mushkin 2 x 1GB DDR2 RAM (PC5300)
- EVGA 9600GT SC
- Waiting for LG Combo drive
- Seagate Scorpio 2.5" 160GB HDD
- Enermax Liberty 500w
- Samsung 32" 720P LCD HDTV
- Vista Home Premium

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #145 on: 24-September-07, 03:01:15 »

I put the "Installer" and the two BIOS files for my motherboard on one USB drive and when I try and boot from it, it says it is invalid or corrupted bootable partition....  Am I doing something wrong here?
Hello,

"Am I doing something wrong here?"
You need to run the installer, not to copy Installer or files somewhere.

Don't forgot to Turn ON USB Legacy Support too(can be named USB KB/Storage Support) from BIOS 1st.
If you still receive "it says it is invalid or corrupted bootable partition...." look here how to fix it:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=109333.msg811807#msg811807

yamahaSHO

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #146 on: 24-September-07, 07:28:30 »

Hello,

"Am I doing something wrong here?"
You need to run the installer, not to copy Installer or files somewhere.

Run it from where? 
Don't forgot to Turn ON USB Legacy Support too(can be named USB KB/Storage Support) from BIOS 1st.
If you still receive "it says it is invalid or corrupted bootable partition...." look here how to fix it:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=109333.msg811807#msg811807

I've got everything enabled.
Jason
- Antec P180B
- MSI P6N Diamond
- Built-in X-fi
- Vista Home Premium

- Antec NSK2480
- GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C
- EVGA 9600GT SC
- Enermax Liberty 500w
- Vista Home Premium

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #147 on: 24-September-07, 07:39:31 »

Run it from where? 
I've got everything enabled.
Just download and run the Installer(it will make a quick installation), then you can run the Tool from a desktop shortcut created.
Instruction can be found here: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=109082.0

yamahaSHO

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #148 on: 24-September-07, 09:15:00 »

Just download and run the Installer(it will make a quick installation), then you can run the Tool from a desktop shortcut created.
Instruction can be found here: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=109082.0

Ahhh... Those instructions should have been included in the first post of this thread.  Thanks for the link and I'll try it out when I get home.
Jason
- Antec P180B
- MSI P6N Diamond
- Built-in X-fi
- Vista Home Premium

- Antec NSK2480
- GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C
- EVGA 9600GT SC
- Enermax Liberty 500w
- Vista Home Premium

Mike

• aka Frankenputer
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Virginia, USA
« Reply #149 on: 24-September-07, 11:33:56 »

There are 2 versions. One called installer and one called stand-alone. The installer, well, installs and has a GUI for a user to, umm, use.  The stand-alone, doesn't install a program, but runs the utility to create the bootable drive with flash utility and bios. 
#1:

#2:

MSI Wind U100

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 56   Go Up