Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Forum HQ USB flashing tool!!!  (Read 642926 times)

mssurrey

• STAFF SERGEANT
Re: MSI Forum HQ USB flashing tool!!!
« Reply #50 on: 14-June-07, 22:28:17 »

Bosskiller,

One thing i\I don't understand.  Do I download and save the BIOS zip file to the USB drive or do I save the unzipped files to the drive?  Does it matter whether the files are in a directory or whether they are individual files on the drive?

BTW,  do your instructions above also relate to an intel Nvidia board (p6N sli platinum) with intel e6700 processor?
Thanks.

And can I use a USB pen/flash drive?

mssurrey

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #51 on: 14-June-07, 22:29:36 »

:confused2:

Grayone

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • LIEUTENANT GENERAL
« Reply #52 on: 14-June-07, 22:35:06 »

The package is the USB bios flash program.

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=108079.0

It is listed in the first post.

The flash program will work on all retail version MSI motherboards.
DKA790GX Platinum w/Phenom II 960T unlocked to 6 cores
4 gig GSkill DDR2 800 @5-5-5-15-2T
N460GTX & N450GTS
Corsair 650TX  12v-52 amps
Windows XP-SP3

G31-M7 w/Q9400 @3.28GHz @1.312v
2Gb DDR2 800 @5-6-6-15-2T
GTX460 Hawk video card
Seasonic 520 Watt S-12 12v-40amps
Windows XP-SP3 - Folding 24/7

mssurrey

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #53 on: 14-June-07, 22:44:11 »

Grayone

Sorry for my ignorance but 'The package' in the first post refers to the standalone or the installer zip files?

Sorry,  I'm really confused and I don't want to make a mess of this.  Ca you give me step by step instructions?  I would really appreciate it.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #54 on: 14-June-07, 22:53:10 »

Bosskiller,

One thing i\I don't understand.  Do I download and save the BIOS zip file to the USB drive or do I save the unzipped files to the drive?  Does it matter whether the files are in a directory or whether they are individual files on the drive?

BTW,  do your instructions above also relate to an intel Nvidia board (p6N sli platinum) with intel e6700 processor?
Thanks.

And can I use a USB pen/flash drive?
"One thing i\I don't understand.  Do I download and save the BIOS zip file to the USB drive or do I save the unzipped files to the drive?  Does it matter whether the files are in a directory or whether they are individual files on the drive?"

download and save BIOS .zip file somewhere to your HDD, (not to your USB key). do not extract files from archive.
run the tool and point to the .zip file when asked.

mssurrey

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #55 on: 14-June-07, 23:20:01 »

AS I'm trying to update the BIOS of a new computer that does not have a connection to the internet (only bacis XP at this moment as I will ahve to setup a bootable RAID array soon and will have to partition/format the HD again), then can't I use this utility?

The only way I can see to put something on the hard drive of the new machine is to copy it onto a floppy or dvd and load it onto the new machine's HD.  I would then have to load the standalone or installer package onto the USB drive.  Would I then be able to run the tool from the USB drive and pointto the zipped file on the new hard drive?

Aaron

• GENERAL
  • BOOST!
« Reply #56 on: 14-June-07, 23:26:39 »

Download the .zip file of your BIOS from MSI.

Run the installer version or stand-alone. Installer means it installs, stand-alone is for usage without installing. Both are identical.

Run the .exe, then direct the tool to the .zip file you downloaded.

Then type in the drive letter of your USB stick.

Let it finish.

Once finished:

Reboot.

Press F11 to get boot menu.

Boot from the USB stick. (may be listed as a HDD device).

The rest can be followed by reading the instructions on screen.

Good luck.
Refrain from having to solve most of your problems by not creating them in the first place.

DDR3 Memory Standards: Blurry Lines
Integrated Memory Controllers (IMC)
Intel EIST and Processor C-states
Overclock Database 2.0

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: 14-June-07, 23:29:50 »

provide more details about it, to understand what you are trying to do.

few further questions.

what is your newest mainboard? you have already windows installed there too? you are trying to flash with MSI official BIOS right?(downloaded .zip archive from MSI site)

what is your second board? you can prepare your USB stick there as well if its MSI board.

mssurrey

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #58 on: 14-June-07, 23:38:25 »

Excellent - thanks for that AY.

I have two questions - as my machine is a new build, it has no internet connection yet (as I have to setup for bootbale RAID and so will ahve to setup a bootable radi array, setup, partition, format etc again). 

Therefore, should I put the zip file of the updated BIOS onto the new drive via a floppy and then copy the installer/standalone program onto a flash drive and use the flash drive to point to the zipped file on the hard drive?

Second - my current BIOS doesn't mention 'boot from usb' - it says 'boot from other devices'.  When i plug in the USB, will it give me the option to boot from this?

Aaron

• GENERAL
  • BOOST!
« Reply #59 on: 14-June-07, 23:50:27 »

Therefore, should I put the zip file of the updated BIOS onto the new drive via a floppy and then copy the installer/standalone program onto a flash drive and use the flash drive to point to the zipped file on the hard drive?

Make and ensure system is stable before the flash. Undo ALL overclocking! (if any). Get everything going first.

Second - my current BIOS doesn't mention 'boot from usb' - it says 'boot from other devices'.  When i plug in the USB, will it give me the option to boot from this?

Yes it will, just need to pick right one.

Be sure to know, you flash BIOS at your own risk, there is no warranty if anything goes wrong.
Refrain from having to solve most of your problems by not creating them in the first place.

Overclock Database 2.0

mssurrey

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #60 on: 14-June-07, 23:52:30 »

BK,

I have just built a new computer, with an MSi P6N sli platinum MB, which I want to setup with a bootable Raid 1 array.  However, over the last few days, I've tried everything to setup a bootable raid array but keep getting an error message when installing XP saying that ' File txtsetup.oem caused an unexpected error (512) at line 1747....'  I've contacted MSI who tried various thing - but nothing worked.  So they told me to update my BIOS.  I have therefore temporarily 'setup' the new machine with only one hard drive (naturally not in raid).  I have partitioned the one drive (c: =10gb and f: = 290gb approx) and installed XP on c: drive.  As the new machine has no internet access, I obviously, can't download anything to that machine so I am using a basic dell computer (MB unknown) to download onto a floppy or USB drive.  I would then have to copy any files across to the drive on the new computer and update that way.  Alternatively, I have to update the BIOS on the new machine by doing it through DOS (I assume i would 'uninstall' XP by deleting the partition in order to do this?)?

Are you saying that I can't use the dell machine to download the files onto the USB pen drive?

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: 14-June-07, 23:58:04 »

"AS I'm trying to update the BIOS of a new computer that does not have a connection to the internet (only bacis XP at this moment"
"Are you saying that I can't use the dell machine to download the files onto the USB pen drive?"

you can, but can't run tool into Dell PC, since its works with MSI boards only. but you can trasnfer it to the MSI board(which doesn't have internet yet) and run it from there.
on the Dell PC, download the Tool and BIOS .zip file from MSI web and copy it both to the your USB key.
then move your USB key to the MSI board, logon into Windows and copy both files(tool and bios .zip archive file) to some folder into HDD.
then execute the tool,(from HDD folder) and point to the .zip file when asked, when its finished reboot PC and boot from your USB key.

Mike

• aka Frankenputer
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Virginia, USA
« Reply #62 on: 15-June-07, 07:20:33 »

BK means reboot the MSI board with the USB key to flash, not reboot the Dell with the utility   :lol_anim:
#1:
MSI X38 Diamond/Bios 1.5; Core2Duo E8400 3.0Ghz; Thermalright Ultima-90HS/120 fan; 2X1GB DDR3 CorsairTWIN3X2048-1333C9DHXG; PIONEER|DVR-215DBK SATA DVD-DL & Lite-on DVD-ROM PATA; FDD; MSI 260GTX-T2D896; 196.34beta; Seagate 320GB  & WD 500GB SATA HDDs; PC P&C Silencer 750 +3.3V/24A~+5V/30A~+12V/60A; X-FI Xtreme PCIe; Antec P182 Case; XP PRO SP3

#2:
MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS Platinum/Bios 3.A; P4 2.8C HT; Thermalright XP-90HS; 2GB DDR400 RAM(2x1GB kit Mushkin HP3200 2-3-2-6); Nec ND-3550A DVD-DL & TDK 52X24X48 CD-RW; FDD; Nvidia GeForce 7800GS; 84.21; Maxtor 200GB & Seagate 200GB PATA HDDs; Enermax 465P VE-FMA +3.3V/35A~+5V/35A~+12V/33A; Audigy 2ZS; XP PRO SP3
Dell 2209WA LCD on a DVI KVM switch

MSI Wind U100

mssurrey

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #63 on: 15-June-07, 19:21:03 »

BK / FP,

OK i've downloaded the tool (standalone) from this forum and the zip file sent to me by MSI via email onto my USB flash drive (I haven't extracted/unzipped the zip files).

I've plugged the USB flash drive into a usb port on my new computer and i've copied them both to ONE folder on the new partitioned hard drive f:

Now do I point to the zip file on the flash drive or that has been doenloaded into the same folder on the HDD as the tool utility?

How do I know it will boot from the flash drive when in my existing BIOS only shows the facitilty to 'Boot from other device'.  If I plug the flash drive in BEFORE , then it will try to boot from the flash drive on initial startup.  If I plug the flash drive in afterwards, I won't be able to access the BIOS to change the boot to 'other device' and I won't know if the flash drive is recognised ???

mssurrey

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #64 on: 15-June-07, 22:19:06 »

Also,  when I've downloaded the Tool and Zip file to the hard drive, do I erase both files from the USB flash drive before executing in windows ?

Aaron

• GENERAL
  • BOOST!
« Reply #65 on: 15-June-07, 22:21:30 »

mssurrey,

Keep everything on the hard drive, the tool will put everything on the USB stick for you.

Press F11 during POST to get boot menu then select flash drive/removable etc.

Overclock Database 2.0

mssurrey

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #66 on: 15-June-07, 22:31:22 »

AY,

So I should delete both files from the USB drive first before executing  (at the moment they are both on my HD and on the USB Flash drive? ???

Aaron

• GENERAL
  • BOOST!
« Reply #67 on: 15-June-07, 22:39:07 »

OK, put the BIOS .zip file and the USB flash tool on your hard drive.

Delete the tool and .zip file from USB stick.

Put any data on the USB stick you may need on your hard drive, because the tool formats the USB stick. [Tool doesn't format USB stick]

Start the USB tool executable.

Point it to where your BIOS .zip file is.

Select the BIOS .zip file.

Then tell the tool your letter of the drive by simply pressing the letter key, for e.g "J".

Let the tool do it's thing, once it's finished restart.

Press F11 to get into boot menu, select USB stick and boot from it.

The HQ USB flashing tool is more of a preperation tool, it doesn't literally do the flashing.

Undo any overclock if you have one, also make and ensure rig is stable

Good luck.

Overclock Database 2.0

mssurrey

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #68 on: 15-June-07, 23:17:13 »

Flash Done Successfully!

Thanks guys.

;D ;D ;D
 :biggthumbsup: :biggthumbsup: :biggthumbsup:
 :hat tip: :hat tip:

Mike

• aka Frankenputer
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Virginia, USA
« Reply #69 on: 16-June-07, 00:00:10 »

Good news

BTW, you do not need to remove anything from your USB drive. The tool will not destroy any data on the drive nor will it format the drive. The utility was made so that it would not destroy any data existing on the USB stick. The utility puts the necessary files on the USB stick to make it bootable and to flash the bios.
#1:
MSI X38 Diamond/Bios 1.5; Core2Duo E8400 3.0Ghz; Thermalright Ultima-90HS/120 fan; 2X1GB DDR3 CorsairTWIN3X2048-1333C9DHXG; PIONEER|DVR-215DBK SATA DVD-DL & Lite-on DVD-ROM PATA; FDD; MSI 260GTX-T2D896; 196.34beta; Seagate 320GB  & WD 500GB SATA HDDs; PC P&C Silencer 750 +3.3V/24A~+5V/30A~+12V/60A; X-FI Xtreme PCIe; Antec P182 Case; XP PRO SP3

#2:
MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS Platinum/Bios 3.A; P4 2.8C HT; Thermalright XP-90HS; 2GB DDR400 RAM(2x1GB kit Mushkin HP3200 2-3-2-6); Nec ND-3550A DVD-DL & TDK 52X24X48 CD-RW; FDD; Nvidia GeForce 7800GS; 84.21; Maxtor 200GB & Seagate 200GB PATA HDDs; Enermax 465P VE-FMA +3.3V/35A~+5V/35A~+12V/33A; Audigy 2ZS; XP PRO SP3
Dell 2209WA LCD on a DVI KVM switch

MSI Wind U100

Aaron

• GENERAL
  • BOOST!
« Reply #70 on: 16-June-07, 01:44:16 »

Flash Done Successfully!

Thanks guys.

;D ;D ;D
 :biggthumbsup: :biggthumbsup: :biggthumbsup:
 :hat tip: :hat tip:

Congrats. :biggthumbsup:

FP,

I thought it would format the stick just incase any files on the stick could intefior. Whenever I use the tool the stick is always blank anyway, so I can't really tell if a format takes place or not. :lol_anim:

Overclock Database 2.0

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #71 on: 16-June-07, 02:13:11 »

@Hello, AaronYuri :hat tip:
like Frankenputer said,

The Tool:(few cents more,)

* do not format the target drive, all data on target drive will remain intact.
 * do not required any system files.(in same time, it doesn't contain any system files itself)
 * the Tool is using exclusive access of operation with the target drive, which means users may have open files on the target drive when the its processing with drive.(open documents, listening music or whatever when the drive processing, the tool will do the job without problems)
 * The tool don't care what file system is using the drive FAT or FAT32.(tool will find everything automatically and takes corespond actions)
 * The tool don't care how the target drive is formated (with MBR or not), (tool will find everything automatically and takes corespond actions)
 * The tool don't care what OS users are running. (high compatibility, with 32bit, 64bit any kind of Microsoft OS)
 * The tool is fully functional in Safe Mode as well.(can be usefull in specific cases)

"I thought it would format the stick just incase any files on the stick could intefior"
there is no such case, the tool is inspecting target drive and perform cleanup each time, the same stick can be used multiple times with different type BIOS or version without problems.

@mssurrey,
you have done well  :yes: , along with whymas in this topic. :-))

Aaron

• GENERAL
  • BOOST!
« Reply #72 on: 16-June-07, 02:29:01 »

Ah well, I know it don't format now.

Cheers for the detailed answer BK. ;D

Overclock Database 2.0

uid313

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
  • Disappointed
    • EFF
« Reply #73 on: 16-June-07, 14:33:24 »

I have downloaded and ran this tool. I extracted the ZIP file and ran USBMSIHQ.exe.

It asked for the BIOS, I supplied it with 7360v11.zip.
It asked me for USB flash drive, and i typed the letter "G" which is my Kingston DataTraveller USB 2.0 (1gb memory stick), which contains about 28 megabyte data.
It apparently wrote amiflash.exe and bios.bin to the USB flash drive. It then asked me to restart the computer, and closed the tool in 5 seconds. It then counted down from 30 seconds to 0 and restarted the computer. The USB flash drive also got a MSI icon now.
I pressed the F11 key as instructed, and the motherboard showed me a boot menu. I picked the Kingston USB memory, and pressed enter. The screen became black, and it waited couple seconds, and then it booted Windows XP.

I have the MSI P35 Neo motherboard or the MSI P35 Neo-F as it apparently sometimes is called. My motherboard has BIOS 1.0, and I try flash it with 1.1 and apparently that does not work.

P.S, how do I get rid of this thing from the USB flash memory?
MSI P35 Neo
Disappointed.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #74 on: 16-June-07, 14:37:56 »

go to BIOS and locate option named "USB KB/Storage(Legacy) Support" and ensure its Enable, then retry to boot from USB key.

uid313

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
  • Disappointed
    • EFF
« Reply #75 on: 16-June-07, 14:50:13 »

go to BIOS and locate option named "USB KB/Storage(Legacy) Support" and ensure its Enable, then retry to boot from USB key.
I believe do not have an entry called "USB KB/Storage(Legacy) Support".
However under "Integrated Peripherals", I do have "USB Controller" and "USB Device Legacy Support", both of which are Enabled.

I also tried to change the boot sequence so the 1st entry is the USB flash stick.
MSI P35 Neo
Disappointed.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #76 on: 16-June-07, 14:55:55 »

I believe do not have an entry called "USB KB/Storage(Legacy) Support".
However under "Integrated Peripherals", I do have "USB Controller" and "USB Device Legacy Support", both of which are Enabled.

I also tried to change the boot sequence so the 1st entry is the USB flash stick.
if can't boot from your USB stick use alternative way:
flashing from CD/DVD Guide:
http://www.bios-chips.com/e/bios-boot-cd.htm

uid313

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
  • Disappointed
    • EFF
« Reply #77 on: 16-June-07, 15:08:40 »

if can't boot from your USB stick use alternative way:

Maybe my motherboard is not able to boot from USB, maybe it was buggy and don't work. :(

Do you know if the FreeDOS LiveCD can be used?
MSI P35 Neo
Disappointed.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #78 on: 16-June-07, 15:22:21 »

Maybe my motherboard is not able to boot from USB, maybe it was buggy and don't work. :(

Do you know if the FreeDOS LiveCD can be used?
"Do you know if the FreeDOS LiveCD can be used?"
follow guide in the link which i give you. dunno for the LiveCD could be but can't give you details about it.
if you got floppy in a system, you can made bootable diskette and boot from it, then change to C: (expected drive letter for your USB drive, and flash it from there)

"Maybe my motherboard is not able to boot from USB, maybe it was buggy and don't work. :("
there can be few reasons for that:
 * the currently BIOS version onboard unable to initialize USB key property. (you can try your USB key at current status in another machine.)
 * the USB key is a problematic itself, have meet few examples with cheap PQI sticks which can't boot by any way at any board. the only way to boot from it was create MBR table (without it forget to boot) and to format the USB key in FAT32.(in FAT16 refuse to boot too with or without MBR..). only in those condition the PQI sticks booting property..

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #79 on: 19-June-07, 10:27:58 »

new version is ready, there are no bugs detected. the new version contain only improvement and new features.

Version History:

- when user must choice the BIOS file archive, after that the Tool will investigate user choice and if its invalid(filename of path name) will notice user about it and to retry with newest selection, instead to terminate without notice.

- adding a new way of USB Drive device parameters detection system which boost detection speed up to 500% on the large storage's or heavy fragmented volumes.The current way of detection will be used for backup option and will be activated only when the 1st detection got a failure. e.g. the current existing procedure just in case will be used as backup option, but will be activated only if the 1st one got a failure. also added a bar indicator of % completed task

-- adding Auto Detection system for USB Drives connected to the system, but the tool will not perform at his own based on the result. reason for that is that user may have more than one USB key connected in same time, or user may preffer to use some other storage with FAT or FAT32(not USB one, which is also supported by the Tool). The detection will be only as recommendation and to be more comfortable and easy when user need to choice the USB drive letter

- adding feature about user to point directly to the BIOS file. it will be usefull when user flashing Beta BIOS or just got BIOS file only.
The Tool will examine user choice and will auto determinate what kind of BIOS is it and will take care about it with corespond further actions.
Also if user choice some other file which is not a BIOS file the Tool will know that and will notice the user that the file inserted is everythink else but not a
valid BIOS file.

- improved user interface with Gui Mode

- improved user dialog in x64bit OS, and Vista.

- improved compatibility when working in restricted accounts.

Download location at the 1st post of this topic.

firenet

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #80 on: 27-June-07, 10:47:57 »

Hi, Can anyone tell me is this will work on a P6N Diamond board ?
On the MSI site it has bios ver 1.1 which i would like to install

Thanks
MSI P6N Diamond Bios 1.1
E6700 - Scythe Ninja Plus Rev B
256Mb XfX Geforce 7900GT
2 x 250Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 
2GB OCZ SLI Edition DDR2 800MHz / PC2-6400
LiteOn LH-20A1S SATA DVD ReWriter
Pioneer DVD-117 DVD-ROM Drive
Iomega Zip Drive 750MB
Hyundai 19" ImageQuest B91D
Seasonic S12 Energy+ 550W Silent Power Supply
Thermaltake Case Tsunami VA3000BWA
Vista 32bit Ultimate

Grayone

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • LIEUTENANT GENERAL
« Reply #81 on: 27-June-07, 10:50:46 »

It will work on all MSI retail motherboards.
DKA790GX Platinum w/Phenom II 960T unlocked to 6 cores
4 gig GSkill DDR2 800 @5-5-5-15-2T
N460GTX & N450GTS
Corsair 650TX  12v-52 amps
Windows XP-SP3

G31-M7 w/Q9400 @3.28GHz @1.312v
2Gb DDR2 800 @5-6-6-15-2T
GTX460 Hawk video card
Seasonic 520 Watt S-12 12v-40amps
Windows XP-SP3 - Folding 24/7

firenet

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #82 on: 27-June-07, 15:23:25 »

Hi,

After following the instructions i'm unable to update the bios on my P6N Diamond with this method
After pressing F11 and choosing the USB the next screen i get says "missing operating system"

Bios protection is disabled and USB boot is enabled.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
MSI P6N Diamond Bios 1.1
256Mb XfX Geforce 7900GT
Iomega Zip Drive 750MB
Vista 32bit Ultimate

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #83 on: 27-June-07, 15:45:13 »

Hi,

After following the instructions i'm unable to update the bios on my P6N Diamond with this method
After pressing F11 and choosing the USB the next screen i get says "missing operating system"

Bios protection is disabled and USB boot is enabled.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

ensure USB legacy support(can be named USB KB/Storage support as well) is enabled from BIOS, then re-try to boot.

firenet

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #84 on: 27-June-07, 16:22:51 »

ensure USB legacy support(can be named USB KB/Storage support as well) is enabled from BIOS, then re-try to boot.

Thank You, followed your instructions and everything worked perfectly,

Thanks for your help :biggthumbsup:
MSI P6N Diamond Bios 1.1
256Mb XfX Geforce 7900GT
Iomega Zip Drive 750MB
Vista 32bit Ultimate

yuriz43

« Reply #85 on: 30-June-07, 16:33:16 »

This program is not working for me. I have tried both the Installer, and Standalone version

My motherboard is a P35 Platinum. When attempting to run the program a dos window pops up for a split second, and thats all that happens.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #86 on: 30-June-07, 16:39:03 »

This program is not working for me. I have tried both the Installer, and Standalone version

My motherboard is a P35 Platinum. When attempting to run the program a dos window pops up for a split second, and thats all that happens.
any output messages? have you seen red text in a dos box window?

yuriz43

« Reply #87 on: 30-June-07, 17:30:35 »

Honestly I can't really tell. It happens so fast. All I can tell is that there is a command prompt for half a second. I checked Event Log, but didn't see anything.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #88 on: 30-June-07, 17:33:30 »

Honestly I can't really tell. It happens so fast. All I can tell is that there is a command prompt for half a second. I checked Event Log, but didn't see anything.
no clue what can be... must be front from your PC to take a look. just for record OS running?
use alternative way to flash if didn't worked for you:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=108964.msg808790#msg808790
or

yuriz43

« Reply #89 on: 30-June-07, 17:56:16 »

Windows XP

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #90 on: 30-June-07, 17:58:59 »

Windows XP
follow one of the guides above

unox

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #91 on: 09-July-07, 17:13:59 »

Hi
I've got a MSI P6N Diamond, and want to flash it.
The problem is that I cannot seem to find the usb drive in my boot options.
I have disabled the "boot sector protection", enabled "boot from other devices" and "usb device legacy support".
I only have three options in the boot sequence: HDD 1, HDD2 and CD/DVD.
When I press F11 at boot up, I only find those three.
I used the utillity to format it and all that, I have the same problem booting up with a usb device not only with this utillity. I tried syslinux to configure the usb drive, but no luck there either.
I'd be very glad if I got some help

Unox

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #92 on: 09-July-07, 19:19:22 »

USB drive could be detected as HDD, have a look in HDD boot priority as well.
if no change try with different USB stick.

alffjeld

« Reply #93 on: 17-July-07, 16:38:49 »

hi!
i have downloaded the usb installer, but in the last step off the installation i get this message: unable to execute file: and then the filename, create process failed, code 5, no access.
anyone that can help?
im running win xp pro.
and using administrator account.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #94 on: 18-July-07, 02:09:52 »

hi!
i have downloaded the usb installer, but in the last step off the installation i get this message: unable to execute file: and then the filename, create process failed, code 5, no access.
anyone that can help?
im running win xp pro.
and using administrator account.
you have some application running in background that preventing tool execution.
reboot PC, hit "F8" just after BIOS post and choice from there "Directory Services Restore Mode". re run the tool when you are logged in.

thanks alot. i got it working.! this is great!
nice :-))

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: 03-August-07, 10:03:11 »

version has been updated to 1.14a, changes are minor.
the next version will contain a newest features. /* under construction */

Jesse01

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #96 on: 09-August-07, 14:03:10 »

I'v done eveything what needs to be done, I think, I checked more than 3 times.
On de USB stick are 2 files:
- amiflash.exe
- bios.bin

When I boot from USB than my screen comes up with: Missing operating system

What is to do next?

MB: P35 Platinum
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750@2.66Ghz
MSI P35 Platinum BIOS v1.0
4x OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel
MSI NX8600GTS-T2D256EZ-HD
2x Western Digital Caviar SE16 in RAID0
1x Lite-On LH-20A1S
Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Chieftec 650W / CFT-650-14C

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #97 on: 09-August-07, 14:09:31 »

I'v done eveything what needs to be done, I think, I checked more than 3 times.
On de USB stick are 2 files:
- amiflash.exe
- bios.bin

When I boot from USB than my screen comes up with: Missing operating system

What is to do next?

MB: P35 Platinum
problem is in your USB stick.
make sure USB Legacy support(can be named also USB KB/Storage Support) is a turned on.(Enabled)
re-test
if no change follow here:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=109333.msg811807#msg811807
if still no change, find a different USB key.

Jesse01

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #98 on: 09-August-07, 15:12:22 »

Done!!!

Tnx
Just 1 thing:

I cannot select in the BIOS my SATA discdrive as secundary boot device only my IDE device. I'v checked the manual but couldn't find anything
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750@2.66Ghz
MSI P35 Platinum BIOS v1.0
4x OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel
MSI NX8600GTS-T2D256EZ-HD
2x Western Digital Caviar SE16 in RAID0
1x Lite-On LH-20A1S
Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Chieftec 650W / CFT-650-14C

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #99 on: 09-August-07, 15:35:15 »

Done!!!

Tnx
Just 1 thing:

I cannot select in the BIOS my SATA discdrive as secundary boot device only my IDE device. I'v checked the manual but couldn't find anything
about that, read Moan Guide 1st and provide full system specification, then open a new own topic in "Intel Core Duo and Core 2 Duo based boards" forum section for discuss.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56   Go Up