Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search    

News:

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 56   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Forum HQ USB flashing tool!!!  (Read 628041 times)

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
Re: MSI Forum HQ USB flashing tool!!!
« Reply #1450 on: 16-December-10, 22:54:02 »

Version Updated to 1.19c:

Changes:

* Fixed issue in version 1.19b[the issue exist in this version only], Award BIOS type are flashed to the same version.
* Update Tool

Self Update activated.

greengirl61

• SERGEANT
« Reply #1451 on: 18-December-10, 20:35:45 »

I got MSI HQ tool v.1.19c to run on my Transcend USB stick to upgrade BIOS to v.1.7.  Prepping the USB flash went successfully and i read i simply needed to go back in to BIOS and reset boot order so USB flash which held the BIOS would boot from it.  You can see in my sig below i have the MSI 890FXA-G70 mobo w/ v.1.6 BIOS now. On this board you hit delete to access BIOS upon reboot, which i did;  i set boot order to USB Flash drive as 1st  and F10 / save and exited the BIOS, instead of going into USB flash and flashing BIOS it went in to Windows.  I then rebooted to 2x chk USB flash is 1st in boot order, it was but the computer still goes to WINDOWS to restart and i see no 30 sec flash w/1.7 in DOS.  I tried it again and got an odd msg that i didnt have a legitamate copy of Windows which was odd as i do and i simply canceled out of that.  I know once i see the flash im good to go and can clear CMOS from a button on my mobo and restart....any suggestions as to something im forgetting.  Dont know why the Boot order seems to be ignored and its not booting from the Transcend USB flash drive, i know it is successfully prepped and the BIOS file is on it.
MSI 890FXA-GD70, BIOS v.1.6
AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.2v
MSI 6870 VGA
SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W ATX12V V2.3/EPS
ADATA Gaming Series, DDR3 (2x2GB) 1600 mhz
WD Caviar Blk 1-TB, Sata III, 6.0 gb/s
WD Caviar Blk 1-TB SATA III, 6.0 gb/s 
Lite-On Blu-ray Burner 12x
ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD-RW
Lian Li Case PC-7FN Blk Alum
WIN7 Pro 64-bit

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1452 on: 18-December-10, 20:38:34 »

I got MSI HQ tool v.1.19c to run on my Transcend USB stick to upgrade BIOS to v.1.7.  Prepping the USB flash went successfully and i read i simply needed to go back in to BIOS and reset boot order so USB flash which held the BIOS would boot from it.  You can see in my sig below i have the MSI 890FXA-G70 mobo w/ v.1.6 BIOS now. On this board you hit delete to access BIOS upon reboot, which i did;  i set boot order to USB Flash drive as 1st  and F10 / save and exited the BIOS, instead of going into USB flash and flashing BIOS it went in to Windows.  I then rebooted to 2x chk USB flash is 1st in boot order, it was but the computer still goes to WINDOWS to restart and i see no 30 sec flash w/1.7 in DOS.  I tried it again and got an odd msg that i didnt have a legitamate copy of Windows which was odd as i do and i simply canceled out of that.  I know once i see the flash im good to go and can clear CMOS from a button on my mobo and restart....any suggestions as to something im forgetting.  Dont know why the Boot order seems to be ignored and its not booting from the Transcend USB flash drive, i know it is successfully prepped and the BIOS file is on it.

Use 'Fix My USB key" tool's option 1st,
then let the tool to prepare the drive and try again

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1453 on: 20-December-10, 20:16:26 »

Version Updated to 1.19d:

Changes:

* Add new feature for MSI's notebooks: Request a Custom BIOS/EC-FW
[This mode will appear only when tool is executed at msi's notebook,
will be not shown for desktop or other kind of msi's units]

Like "Mode 2" for desktop machines, "Point directly to MSI Beta BIOS" is N/A{not shown} for notebooks.
Now "Mode 2" "Request a Custom BIOS for my MSI Notebook" for notebooks is N/A{not shown} for desktop machines.
E.g. "Mode 2" vary depend of MSI's machine type where the tool is executed.

Self Update activated.

greengirl61

• SERGEANT
« Reply #1454 on: 20-December-10, 20:52:01 »

Svet i read below there is NOT support for 64-bit OS, im running WIN7 Pro, 64-bit...is this the case with v.1.9c too?   :confused2:
MSI 6870 VGA
ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD-RW
WIN7 Pro 64-bit

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1455 on: 20-December-10, 20:54:16 »

all os are supported.
where you read that is not supported?

greengirl61

• SERGEANT
« Reply #1456 on: 20-December-10, 21:43:16 »

I saw it in someone's post to you but perhaps i misunderstood.  Thanks for the reply.  :agrees:
MSI 6870 VGA
ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD-RW
WIN7 Pro 64-bit

Mike

• aka Frankenputer
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Virginia, USA
« Reply #1457 on: 20-December-10, 23:07:08 »

I saw it in someone's post to you but perhaps i misunderstood.  Thanks for the reply.  :agrees:
It's stated clearly in the guide and the first page of this thread that both 32bit and 64bit OSs are supported.  Best to go to the source rather than "someone's" post and rumor.
#1:
MSI X38 Diamond/Bios 1.5; Core2Duo E8400 3.0Ghz; Thermalright Ultima-90HS/120 fan; 2X1GB DDR3 CorsairTWIN3X2048-1333C9DHXG; PIONEER|DVR-215DBK SATA DVD-DL & Lite-on DVD-ROM PATA; FDD; MSI 260GTX-T2D896; 196.34beta; Seagate 320GB  & WD 500GB SATA HDDs; PC P&C Silencer 750 +3.3V/24A~+5V/30A~+12V/60A; X-FI Xtreme PCIe; Antec P182 Case; XP PRO SP3

#2:
MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS Platinum/Bios 3.A; P4 2.8C HT; Thermalright XP-90HS; 2GB DDR400 RAM(2x1GB kit Mushkin HP3200 2-3-2-6); Nec ND-3550A DVD-DL & TDK 52X24X48 CD-RW; FDD; Nvidia GeForce 7800GS; 84.21; Maxtor 200GB & Seagate 200GB PATA HDDs; Enermax 465P VE-FMA +3.3V/35A~+5V/35A~+12V/33A; Audigy 2ZS; XP PRO SP3
Dell 2209WA LCD on a DVI KVM switch

MSI Wind U100

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #1458 on: 21-December-10, 04:28:21 »

the Transcend USB flash drive, i know it is successfully prepped and the BIOS file is on it.
Bios file is on it? You mean you put the new bios file on the 'fixed key' USB drive? Not point the flasher to the file in a folder on your computer? :think: 

Here's what I have been doing; USB stick connected with 'fixed' key (clean, nothing on it), made a folder on HDD & unziped bios files to it, started the forum flasher, used method 2, pointed to the folder with bios files, confirmed USB drive letter, rebooted when prompted, disabled flash protection, set USB drive as the only boot device, saved & exited & bingo, flash proceeds. After the flash, reboot when prompted, shut down, removed USB drive, cleared CMOS with the power cord removed, fired it up & reset bios, done.
The Last Hoorah! I Had Retired From All This! Can't Believe I'm Really Doing A Platform Test One More Time!  :shocked:

Z97 Gaming 7, 4790k, Zalman CNPS9900Max-R, Corsair AX-850, Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800's, WD 600 SATA III V.Raptor, Lite-On iHAS 424, GTX 680's In SLI, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit    

Life Can Be Very Fulfilling Without Win 8/8.1, SSD's (Exception: Testing PCI-E M.2), RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

IXOYE

greengirl61

• SERGEANT
« Reply #1459 on: 21-December-10, 21:25:34 »

I directed the tool to a .rar file (unzipped) in my Temp Downloads folder so no, i didnt "place the file on the USB drive" after prepping it.  If you followed the thread...which is longer than need be perhaps (altho someone summarized it and cut out info that had been in this thread prior - you will read that i had originally downloaded the MSI HQ tool which went well and i directed it to the downloaded MSI BIOS v.1.7 in a .rar file and i decided to call it a nite and attempt a flash the next day.  Memtest went successfully too.  The next day i assumed logically that if i simply set the USB boot order to first and reboot, the flash would take place and i could save F10 and clear CMOS and load the new BIOS.  Long story short, it didnt work.  It seemed no matter if i set the boot order to first in BIOS or simply went to F11 right after re-boot Windows would re-direct to my HDD where the WIN7 Pro OS was pinned (i have 2 HDD, 1 just for storage) and wouldnt go directly to the USB to grab files and flash.  Last suggestion by Svet was to run the tool all over again and to "Fix my Stick" to essentially reformat it.  And try again in one shot rather than the way i had done previously-in two.  What happened for me (using the Transcend 8 GB USB flash) was that upon Fixing the Stick - Windows no longer recognized the flash drive at all-i couldnt even reformat it.   I had to email Transcend to ask what to do and luckily, there was a recovery tool to fix the flash drive to use in future. Meanwhile, I grabbed another USB flash drive, Corsair Voyager, I started again with it and went through the whole thing. Again, MSI HQ tool went through successfully and prepped the Corsair for flash and did Memtest quickly and reported a success. I directed went in to BIOS this time by hitting F11 to reboot and flash .  However, DOS reported, "No operating System found." And simply stayed there...i counted off 30-60 secs in case that was supposed to do that but had to CTRL-ALT-DEL get out and then the following boot went back to my HDD w/Windows OS and rebooted normally.  It did go to the USB this time but didnt grab the updated bios file for flash.  When i try to open the flash stick, i see all the files there but am at a quandry as to why this isnt flashing.  One last thing...There was a box that opened which i have seen a post on before i think... Interpreter  uh.bsk , error in line 1, ADR $1C6,  Cant go to address $1C6, i didnt know what to do i simply closed out but it fave a few options like overwrite F3 or something and i blank on these others.  more info in box said error opening udrgd.001   Im sure i saw something like this before posted by someone else...any suggestions Svet?  God knows Ive really been patient and tried this a few times now.  At least the stick seems to be prepped aside from this msg, why it wont flash is beyond me. 
MSI 6870 VGA
ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD-RW
WIN7 Pro 64-bit

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #1460 on: 21-December-10, 22:58:53 »

why it wont flash is beyond me
Very very odd! This may be worth a try, although a slow & old fashioned way, when the flasher is all set to go & still counting down for the reboot, click on Start, click on Restart, enter the bios making the USB stick the only boot device (ensure boot protection is disabled), Save & Exit & see if it will work for you then. Only other thing I can think of is some 'really bad luck' with the USB stick(s) being used. Tried different USB ports?
The Last Hoorah! I Had Retired From All This! Can't Believe I'm Really Doing A Platform Test One More Time!  :shocked:

Z97 Gaming 7, 4790k, Zalman CNPS9900Max-R, Corsair AX-850, Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800's, WD 600 SATA III V.Raptor, Lite-On iHAS 424, GTX 680's In SLI, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit    

Life Can Be Very Fulfilling Without Win 8/8.1, SSD's (Exception: Testing PCI-E M.2), RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

IXOYE

Henry

« Reply #1461 on: 22-December-10, 00:24:40 »

If you have a card reader hooked up you can always try flashing with an SD card instead of the USB stick. Prep it same as you would the USB stick. I used the card reader in my printer with one of the SD cards for my camera to flash BIOS on this MB.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1462 on: 22-December-10, 03:13:16 »

I directed the tool to a .rar file (unzipped) in my Temp Downloads folder so no, i didnt "place the file on the USB drive" after prepping it.  If you followed the thread...which is longer than need be perhaps (altho someone summarized it and cut out info that had been in this thread prior - you will read that i had originally downloaded the MSI HQ tool which went well and i directed it to the downloaded MSI BIOS v.1.7 in a .rar file and i decided to call it a nite and attempt a flash the next day.  Memtest went successfully too.  The next day i assumed logically that if i simply set the USB boot order to first and reboot, the flash would take place and i could save F10 and clear CMOS and load the new BIOS.  Long story short, it didnt work.  It seemed no matter if i set the boot order to first in BIOS or simply went to F11 right after re-boot Windows would re-direct to my HDD where the WIN7 Pro OS was pinned (i have 2 HDD, 1 just for storage) and wouldnt go directly to the USB to grab files and flash.  Last suggestion by Svet was to run the tool all over again and to "Fix my Stick" to essentially reformat it.  And try again in one shot rather than the way i had done previously-in two.  What happened for me (using the Transcend 8 GB USB flash) was that upon Fixing the Stick - Windows no longer recognized the flash drive at all-i couldnt even reformat it.   I had to email Transcend to ask what to do and luckily, there was a recovery tool to fix the flash drive to use in future. Meanwhile, I grabbed another USB flash drive, Corsair Voyager, I started again with it and went through the whole thing. Again, MSI HQ tool went through successfully and prepped the Corsair for flash and did Memtest quickly and reported a success. I directed went in to BIOS this time by hitting F11 to reboot and flash .  However, DOS reported, "No operating System found." And simply stayed there...i counted off 30-60 secs in case that was supposed to do that but had to CTRL-ALT-DEL get out and then the following boot went back to my HDD w/Windows OS and rebooted normally.  It did go to the USB this time but didnt grab the updated bios file for flash.  When i try to open the flash stick, i see all the files there but am at a quandry as to why this isnt flashing.  One last thing...There was a box that opened which i have seen a post on before i think... Interpreter  uh.bsk , error in line 1, ADR $1C6,  Cant go to address $1C6, i didnt know what to do i simply closed out but it fave a few options like overwrite F3 or something and i blank on these others.  more info in box said error opening udrgd.001   Im sure i saw something like this before posted by someone else...any suggestions Svet?  God knows Ive really been patient and tried this a few times now.  At least the stick seems to be prepped aside from this msg, why it wont flash is beyond me. 

Try format the USB key with this HP Tool:
http://www.pctipp.ch/ds/28700/28790/HP_USB_Boot_Utility.exe
[Just format don't checkmark anything]
Then run MSIHQ Tool to prepare the drive,
and try to boot from it

greengirl61

• SERGEANT
« Reply #1463 on: 22-December-10, 21:02:31 »

i will give it a shot and go to reformat from that link and see what happens and post back.  Got any clues what the error msg meant?  The box came up after towards the end of prepping the Corsair stick, dont know if it was after Memtest or what.  Also Memtest ran for seconds, not even 5 mins...is it supposed to run longer?  I thought i read someone posting a while back that it ran for a while...maybe im wrong.  Could the error msg have been related to Memtest?  Ive used my front 2 USB ports but also tried one back USB port to switch it up - i know, odd for sure.  Im pretty good at this stuff and fairly astute so honest, its not me.  I will try the card reader as well as ive got tons of flash media SDHC for my Elph point n' shoot.  I'll give the Corsair Voyager another shot w/Svet's HP tool and cross my fingers.  Im also gonna Google this error msg ADR $1C6, said there was an error on line 1 and uh.bsk 

Thanks for your other suggestions, i keep reading how everyone uses these cheapy USB flash sticks and theyre all set...here ive got some good qual, brand new sticks and i feel like im trying to squeeze blood from a rock!  Bad luck is right.  :bonk:  I'll get back tomorrow as holiday is drawing near and between wrapping gifts and stealing away for time on the computer...its a challenge.  Have a great holiday everyone!  :hat tip:
MSI 6870 VGA
ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD-RW
WIN7 Pro 64-bit

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #1464 on: 22-December-10, 21:16:01 »

Could the error msg have been related to Memtest?
Just hit me. I've never used the Memtest option when doing a flash. Always went direct to option 2 & flashed. My RAM has always been tested for stability long before doing any flashing. As for the error code you got, sounds like you have a plan to find what it is.

Added: Also, the Internet connection was always 'Off-Line' during the flashing.

IXOYE

alcio

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #1465 on: 05-January-11, 14:09:58 »

Many thanks, due to your very complete instructions I was able to flash my K9N Neo V2 mobo ti the 3.0 beta bios, Everything is working like a charm in ahci mode and i'm able to put in now a 9600 quadcore insted of the 5600+ dualcore I had.  :hat tip:

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1466 on: 05-January-11, 17:09:33 »

:biggthumbsup:

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1467 on: 06-January-11, 10:55:39 »

Version Updated to 1.19e:

Changes:

Desktop boards:

* Add Support for APTIO EFI based BIOSes, used on newest MSI's board s.1155
* Updated Mode 1 [Point to .zip, .rar BIOS archive]
  - Detect and proceed APTIO BIOSes and APTIO flashers

* Updated Mode 2 [Proceed BIOS file directly]
  - Detect, inspect and proceed APTIO AMI based MSI BIOSes and assign properly flasher
  - Included AMI's AFUDE234[certified by MSI]

* Updated Mode 3 [Live Update - Sure Hands]
   - Detect and proceed APTIO BIOSes and APTIO flashers

* Update after boot part
 - Add profile for APTIO AMI based MSI BIOSes + newest flasher for desktop boards
 - Detect and store[save] current installed APTIO EFI BIOS with original MSI's BIOS image name
 - M-Flash recovery ready [Automatically prepare the saved BIOS with original BIOS file name, ready for automatic recovery if needs]
 - Include own private backup, storage up to last 4 BIOS backups, where BACKUP.BIN is always the most recent BIOS backup.
 - Detect BIOS update failure while flashing, and perform automatic recovery attempts [up to 3]
 - Secure detect and validate target BIOS image, doing MD5 verification before proceed with BIOS flash attempt
 - Support APTIO Flash Back to Old saved BIOS by user request [Mode 3, after booting from the USB key]

Self Update activated.

cloud101090

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #1468 on: 14-January-11, 20:29:03 »

Hi guys, I'm new here...
I have MSI 790 GX-G65 BIOS v1.3

I want to upgarde My BIOS to v.4.3. I've read User Guide MSI HQ USB BIOS Flash Tool.
My question : Is it really safe for upgrade BIOS directly from 1.x version to 4.x version ???

Because there is note in my Mainboard BIOS Download Page "Please use MSI LiveUpdate to update the BIOS from version 1xx to version 4xx, cause we must update BIOS code base."...

Here is the link : http://www.msi.com/product/mb/790GX-G65.html#/?div=BIOS

Thanks before...

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1469 on: 14-January-11, 20:34:52 »

If you gonna use MSI HQ USB BIOS Flash Tool for update, yes its safe

cloud101090

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #1470 on: 15-January-11, 06:51:15 »

Just want to report...
Successfully Upgrade My BIOS to v4.3 with MSI HQ USB BIOS Flash Tool :D
Thank you very much!!!

And yeah...this is just my opinion, but at the end of user guide (Point 5.3 Flashing Procedure), after Successfully flashing BIOS. you should add a progress picture and give more detail when to Turn Off Computer (The final progress screen only giving a hint to reboot, not to clear CMOS/shutdown).

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1471 on: 15-January-11, 07:01:43 »

And yeah...this is just my opinion, but at the end of user guide (Point 5.3 Flashing Procedure), after Successfully flashing BIOS. you should add a progress picture and give more detail when to Turn Off Computer (The final progress screen only giving a hint to reboot, not to clear CMOS/shutdown).

Yes, because the Clear CMOS is not always need.
Not to shutdown the machine.
Because the Tool can flash VBIOS, [Clear CMOS is no need here, not to shutdown the machine either]
can flash EC-FW [Clear CMOS is no need here]
cAN flash All-in-One PC
can flash many different BIOS types with different options and situations, flashers types,
For Notebooks, clear cmos is no need to be done too

So adding reference for Clear CMOS there,
will bring a lot of confusion and further questions for not desktops board msi's users

Just want to report...
Successfully Upgrade My BIOS to v4.3 with MSI HQ USB BIOS Flash Tool :D
Thank you very much!!!

:biggthumbsup:

nicodemus144

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #1472 on: 19-January-11, 10:54:18 »

hi there!  first post! =)

i'm about to purchase a GX740-235US for my wife so i've been doing a lot of research around here to prepare for making modifications.

can you help clarify a few items for me?

1) how does the tool know whether i'm trying to flash the BIOS, VBIOS or EC-FW, and do it correctly?

2) is there a way to update all 3 at the same time (and if so, how?), or is it best to do one at a time?

3) is the tool capable of updating drivers (ie. LAN, WAN, intel chipset, etc.) (and if so, how?)

thanks so much for all your help!  the answers to these questions will help put me further at ease with getting my wife's computer up to date and running smoothly. =)

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1473 on: 19-January-11, 11:36:14 »

Hi nicodemus144,

3) is the tool capable of updating drivers (ie. LAN, WAN, intel chipset, etc.) (and if so, how?)

nope. you can find drivers for your notebook here: http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=nbdriver&maincat_no=135&prod_no=1999

2) is there a way to update all 3 at the same time (and if so, how?), or is it best to do one at a time?

nope. you have to flash it one by one, the order doesn't matter

1) how does the tool know whether i'm trying to flash the BIOS, VBIOS or EC-FW, and do it correctly?

Tool auto detect what you want to flash and done it correctly,
and even makes extra security checks of detected target image before flash,
to ensure that USB key is not damaged by some way,
to ensure that target image [VBIOS, BIOS, EC-FW, BIOS&EC-FW] is not corrupted or modified or damaged by anyway.
E.g. to ensure that's authentic, this is automatically checked by the Tool,
[else will refuse to flash and will abort flashing]
then will give it a go automatically with flashing procedure,
also self detected and automatically apply proper parameters,
and using each one time private detected cases.
also auto detect if both AC power cord and battery are installed,
else will refuse to proceed until its done.

In short its very smart and flexible

nicodemus144

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #1474 on: 19-January-11, 11:47:06 »

great, thanks svet!

wonderful tool!

i'm looking forward to it! =D

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1475 on: 22-January-11, 15:08:59 »

:hat tip:

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1476 on: 22-January-11, 19:36:03 »

Version Updated to 1.19e4:

Changes:

* Update while flashing logo with new improved one
* Update self drawing image art, moved 44% to center [+ regular ver. update per each version]
* Color coding for detected and saved BIOS with original name increased from 3 to 6,
 to make difference and to be more visible for eye:
 AMI/EFI, marketing number, chipset: Intel/AMD/Nvidia/VIA/SiS , retail model or not, Beta version or official.
/* Appear only for AMI and EFI based boards */
* Add own color for validated security result ID
* Update BK_IO2.ASM {
   - Add time halter for custom directives, to halt execution and count down for 10 seconds before resume,
   to prevent Rocket flashing, like: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=144916.0

Hey just now i tried flashing my vbios on my gx640 using the MSI forum tool.

It completed without any errors and all that and it did say it was successful but it completed so fast i almost cant believe it.

Apply to:  Notebooks flashing: [AMD's VBIOS, BIOS, EC-FW, BIOS & EC-FW at one], All-in-One PC and others customs
   - Add and replace with the same time halter for predefined directives to replace stop execution and waiting for input.
}

Self Update activated.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1477 on: 24-January-11, 07:09:58 »

Version Updated to 1.19e5:

Changes:

* Fine tune some of recently added features
 * Memtest86+ synchronization update in advance to version 4.20 [N/A yet],
 Tool will auto install[when internet connection is available],
  latest Memtest86+ version 4.20 [N/A yet] when its released.[expected to be released very soon]
 4.20 will support Intel Sandy Bridge and AMD Fusion

Self Update activated.

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1478 on: 24-January-11, 18:39:00 »

Version Updated to 1.19e5:

Changes:

* Fine tune some of recently added features
 * Memtest86+ synchronization update in advance to version 4.20 [N/A yet],
 Tool will auto install[when internet connection is available],
  latest Memtest86+ version 4.20 [N/A yet] when its released.[expected to be released very soon]
 4.20 will support Intel Sandy Bridge and AMD Fusion

Self Update activated.

Memtest86+ v4.20 has been just released.
==> http://www.memtest.org/#change
Changes:
    *** Enhancements in v4.20 : ***

* New Features
              o Added failsafe mode (press F1 at startup)
              o Added support for Intel "Sandy Bridge" CPU
              o Added support for AMD "fusion" CPU
              o Added Coreboot "table forward" support
        * Bug Fixes
              o Corrected some memory brands not detected properly
              o Various bug fixes

MSIHQ Tool 1.19e5 [released yesterday] has been successfully automatically synchronized  with new Memtest86+ v4.20[released today]
Everything is functional properly as expected,
MSIHQ Tool update is not required.

FatCat

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #1479 on: 26-January-11, 22:39:18 »

Is there a possibility to prepare USB drive for flash at non-MSI computer and then use it on MSI motherboard?
Right now I have MSI board that needs to be flashed with latest BIOS, but there is no system at the PC yet.

Thanks.

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
« Reply #1480 on: 27-January-11, 12:49:59 »

Is there a possibility to prepare USB drive for flash at non-MSI computer and then use it on MSI motherboard?
Right now I have MSI board that needs to be flashed with latest BIOS, but there is no system at the PC yet.

Thanks.

See this topic for alternative flashing methods: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=119375.0
Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

sureee

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #1481 on: 28-January-11, 07:24:18 »

Gj! ;)

Edde

• CORPORAL
« Reply #1482 on: 29-January-11, 18:32:57 »

Hey!
I've just gotten a MSI P55A-G55 mobo and it needs bios flashing. I've been looking in to the matter for a few days, and I thank Jebus I had the common sense to dismiss the Live Update Tool :O It made me suspicious.
Now I've read a bit here and there on the threads related to this topic and I'm nervous as balls! A few questions:

- Exactly which guide is it that I need to follow for this?
- Someone said something about there being a Svet version and some other version, which one do I need? O_O
- All overclocking needs to be disabled? Cause I've just got the onboard 10% OC switch goin :P.
- What minimum size USB drive is required?

From what I've read it seems you guys work really hard with this, and I can only thank you for looking out for us powerless end-users

Thanks in advance
MSI P55A-G55, BIOS 1.3, 64bit Win 7
Intel Core i5-760
XFX Radeon HD 5830 1gb DDR5
Corsair Vengeance 1x4gb DDR3
Corsair TX650W PSU

Mike

• aka Frankenputer
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Virginia, USA
« Reply #1483 on: 29-January-11, 20:25:03 »

How about looking at the first post of this thread.  https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=108079.0  The download link is in the first post.

There is only ONE utility here--The MSI HQ Forum USB Flashing Tool.  Developed and tested here...not by MSI.  This tool is the safest method to prepare a USB key for flashing.  The guide that is also a sticky in this exact same section: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=116721.0
#1:
MSI X38 Diamond/Bios 1.5; Core2Duo E8400 3.0Ghz; Thermalright Ultima-90HS/120 fan; 2X1GB DDR3 CorsairTWIN3X2048-1333C9DHXG; PIONEER|DVR-215DBK SATA DVD-DL & Lite-on DVD-ROM PATA; FDD; MSI 260GTX-T2D896; 196.34beta; Seagate 320GB  & WD 500GB SATA HDDs; PC P&C Silencer 750 +3.3V/24A~+5V/30A~+12V/60A; X-FI Xtreme PCIe; Antec P182 Case; XP PRO SP3

#2:
MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS Platinum/Bios 3.A; P4 2.8C HT; Thermalright XP-90HS; 2GB DDR400 RAM(2x1GB kit Mushkin HP3200 2-3-2-6); Nec ND-3550A DVD-DL & TDK 52X24X48 CD-RW; FDD; Nvidia GeForce 7800GS; 84.21; Maxtor 200GB & Seagate 200GB PATA HDDs; Enermax 465P VE-FMA +3.3V/35A~+5V/35A~+12V/33A; Audigy 2ZS; XP PRO SP3
Dell 2209WA LCD on a DVI KVM switch

MSI Wind U100

Edde

• CORPORAL
« Reply #1484 on: 29-January-11, 21:00:03 »

How about looking at the first post of this thread.  https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=108079.0  The download link is in the first post.

There is only ONE utility here--The MSI HQ Forum USB Flashing Tool.  Developed and tested here...not by MSI.  This tool is the safest method to prepare a USB key for flashing.  The guide that is also a sticky in this exact same section: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=116721.0

Thx, I'll give it a go and let you know how it went
Intel Core i5-760
Corsair TX650W PSU

Edde

• CORPORAL
« Reply #1485 on: 30-January-11, 08:57:46 »

Well, I get the "LogicalDisk not defined" and "WMIC is not recognized" notifications, and altough "Ignore it, you are running XP Home Edition where WMIC is not present, Tool will detect that and will use alternative system automatically." is supposed to happen, the tool has just stopped. Any ideas?
Intel Core i5-760
Corsair TX650W PSU

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1486 on: 30-January-11, 08:59:11 »

Format the USB stick and try again

Edde

• CORPORAL
« Reply #1487 on: 30-January-11, 09:04:31 »

With the "Fix my USB" tool?
Intel Core i5-760
Corsair TX650W PSU

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1488 on: 30-January-11, 09:05:14 »

yes or with regular format

Edde

• CORPORAL
« Reply #1489 on: 30-January-11, 09:12:14 »

The fix tool didn't work, regular did. Now onto flashing..
Intel Core i5-760
Corsair TX650W PSU

Edde

• CORPORAL
« Reply #1490 on: 30-January-11, 11:17:23 »

Well... The process seems to be stuck on memtest. Nothing is moving except the little blinking red cross.. what do I do?
Intel Core i5-760
Corsair TX650W PSU

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1491 on: 30-January-11, 11:19:19 »

reboot computer and boot from the USB key.
then select Mode 2 , proceed with update

Edde

• CORPORAL
« Reply #1492 on: 30-January-11, 11:25:46 »

Really? Doesn't it mean that the memtest failed and that the system is unstable or somthin?
Intel Core i5-760
Corsair TX650W PSU

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1493 on: 30-January-11, 11:29:32 »

seems memtest doesn't works for your machine you can use orthos instead if you want to check PC stabilty:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=103598.msg760534#msg760534

Edde

• CORPORAL
« Reply #1494 on: 30-January-11, 11:33:54 »

Well... Flashing successful. You guys are :censored:  geniuses and I love you all dearly.

Edit: Oh btw, how do you revert the usb stick to it's original state? Just a format I guess?
Intel Core i5-760
Corsair TX650W PSU

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1495 on: 30-January-11, 11:42:13 »

yes you can reformat it if you want

Edde

• CORPORAL
« Reply #1496 on: 30-January-11, 11:56:50 »

Um, my reason for flashing the bios was that the ps/2 port doesn't function properly, meaning my keyboard doesn't work. I thought a flash would fix it because one of the release notes on bios ver. 1.2 is "Fixed I-Rocks PS/2 Keyboard cannot be detected during swap keyboard/mouse", but I still have the same problem. Now, in my infinite wisdom I flashed the bios to 1.3 because I assumed the previous fixes are included, is that not the case? Can I be redirected somewhere for help with this? Maby it's just some setting in bios?
Intel Core i5-760
Corsair TX650W PSU

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1497 on: 30-January-11, 11:58:59 »

If you have some issue not related to BIOS flashing,
read >>Posting Guide<< 1st and create a signature with full system specifications,
then open new own topic in correct forum area and describe the problem that you have there.

josselin

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #1498 on: 30-January-11, 14:06:51 »

Hello,

Thanks for this software, It works great on my old K9N Neo (PCB 1.0).
Now I can use my mouse and keyboard after a hibernating.

Josselin

SvetTopic starter

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #1499 on: 30-January-11, 14:12:37 »

:hat tip:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 56   Go Up