Thanks for the quick replies so far. Here is an update. First my setup:
MSI P6N SLI Plaitinum Motherboard
Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz Processor
4GB G.Skill PC 6400 RAM (4x1GB) @ 800Mhz
MSI nVidia 8600GTS Video card
1 Samsung 500GB 7200RPM SATA HD
ULTRA 600W Power Supply
Now for some additional info/questoins:
1) Do you have to format each time rather than copy the files? I have an old disk that I am using that was already formatted so I just deleted the files that were on it and extracted the zip files to it.
2) Would Linux some how change the format of the disk from FAT32 if I used it to extract the zip? The only computer that I had access to with a floppy drive was running Linux. Never had a problem with copying files on a Linux box and then use them on a Windows box as long as the disk was formatted by Windows, but who knows.
3) Does Windows look for a specific directory structure rather than a specific file at startup? When I extracted the files the first time, they were copied directly to the disk and the SATARAID folder was not included in the structure. I then took the SATARAID and STAT_IDE folders out of the 41MB Drvier file and put them on the disk. I got no indication that the disk was full or there were any issues with writing the disk, but now I get a prompt saying that txtsetup.oem was not found on the disk rather than the normal "please insert disk into drive A:" Could having the folder vs just putting the files on the disk make a difference?
4) In the process of trying to get this to work I'm noticing an even bigger problem. Windows will rarely run through the startup process to the point to install the drivers. The majority of the time, 80-90%, it will hang at the step "Windows is copying files (Windows Executive)..." and I have to reboot several times, as well as change the boot drive to get it to work just one time. After it works once, it starts freezing again on reboot.
5) Apparently I have to install the drivers, even with one drive. If I do not hit F6 the setup will run through and get to "Starting Windows" and hang without ever prompting me to set up a partition or specify a drive to install Windows on. If I hit F6 and get to the page to load drivers, it says that no devices are found and allows me to specify another device. This is where I am supposed to be able to install the drivers for the board, but haven't been able to yet.