Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you want to flash your BIOS, please use our own Forum USB Flash tool - NOW UPDATED!

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: P35 Platinum BIOS Help!!  (Read 42514 times)

vjkostas

• Winki
P35 Platinum BIOS Help!!
« on: 20-July-07, 22:14:09 »

Please i need help about my problem........

I've got the P35 Platinum mobo.

I've flashed BIOS to 1.2 version, the procedure finished with no errors. Rebooted and went to bios, loaded bios defaults, rebooted again, went to bios screen once again and changed some settings like before 1.2 version.
AFTER that the mobo won't boot at all, the pc powers on but can't see anything at the monitor,and can't go to bios screen, dont load windows,nothing....
The leds sequence is RRGG (Red Red Green Green).
I've removed the power cord, cleared cmos with the button, but nothing again....

What can i do to resolve this ????????? please HELP...!!!
« Last Edit: 31-August-07, 17:36:32 by vjkostas »
MSI P35 Platinum, rev1.1, BIOS v1.10
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, Stepping E0
2X2 GB Kit Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 PC2-8500 (BL2KIT12864AL106A)
Corsair HX620W - 620W
Gigabyte GV-R485MC-1GH - ATI HD4850 1GB DDR3
1X750 GB Samsung, 2X1TB WDC WD1001FALS, 2X500 GB (Samsung HD501LJ-WD5000AAKS) AHCI Mode
Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
US Robotics 802.11g Wireless MAXg PCI Adapter
2X DVD/RW Sony-NEC Optiarc AD-7200A

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
Re: P35 Platinum BIOS HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 20-July-07, 22:20:04 »

Hi there,
power down PC, remove power cord from the PSU, then hit several times case power button, then Clear CMOS(push & release several times red button) when its done pull back power cord and try to boot.

vjkostas

• Winki
« Reply #2 on: 20-July-07, 22:32:48 »

Hi there,
power down PC, remove power cord from the PSU, then hit several times case power button, then Clear CMOS(push & release several times red button) when its done pull back power cord and try to boot.

Did that but nothing happens........the system powers on but nothing else.......no bios screen,nothing
Can i do anything else?????????
Corsair HX620W - 620W
1X750 GB Samsung, 2X1TB WDC WD1001FALS, 2X500 GB (Samsung HD501LJ-WD5000AAKS) AHCI Mode

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #3 on: 20-July-07, 22:34:23 »

Did that but nothing happens........the system powers on but nothing else.......no bios screen,nothing
Can i do anything else?????????
repeat it again until work.
leave only one memory stick in DIMM slot near to CPU socket.
re-test

vjkostas

• Winki
« Reply #4 on: 20-July-07, 22:50:23 »

repeat it again until work.
leave only one memory stick in DIMM slot near to CPU socket.
re-test

Done that, but nothing again, tried that 4 times. And now i hear a beep every 19 seconds, what is that ?????
Corsair HX620W - 620W

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #5 on: 20-July-07, 22:55:02 »

Done that, but nothing again, tried that 4 times. And now i hear a beep every 19 seconds, what is that ?????
what BIOS setting you have changed?
what D-Bracket shows? (http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=34535.0)
try with barabone setup. disconnect any external devices. Clear CMOS again.

vjkostas

• Winki
« Reply #6 on: 20-July-07, 23:05:56 »

what BIOS setting you have changed?
what D-Bracket shows? (http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=34535.0)
try with barabone setup. disconnect any external devices. Clear CMOS again.

The d-bracket shows RRGG, which manual says it means : Decompressing BIOS image to RAM for fast booting
The settings i've changed at bios is : Disable a: floppy drive, Enable Execute Bit Support at cpu and HPET support, enabled ide as AHCI, and disabled clock spread spectrum.
Corsair HX620W - 620W

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #7 on: 20-July-07, 23:10:57 »

disconnect everything e.g. any storage's HDD&CD/DVD any USB devices and external PCI cards if you have and Clear CMOS via red button(remove power cord before proceed) try to leave your second memory stick in 1st DIMM slot near to CPU socket and re-try to boot.
if no change:
get your latest working BIOS version for your board from MSI site, and use Recovery procedure:
http://www.msicomputer.com/support/BIOS_AMI_Recovery.asp

vjkostas

• Winki
« Reply #8 on: 21-July-07, 00:04:05 »

disconnect everything e.g. any storage's HDD&CD/DVD any USB devices and external PCI cards if you have and Clear CMOS via red button(remove power cord before proceed) try to leave your second memory stick in 1st DIMM slot near to CPU socket and re-try to boot.
if no change:
get your latest working BIOS version for your board from MSI site, and use Recovery procedure:
http://www.msicomputer.com/support/BIOS_AMI_Recovery.asp

THANK YOU!!!!!! BOSSKILLER, the Ami BIOS Recovery procedure worked for me (thank God)
I'm back with 1.1 BIOS version, and everything works fine again.........thanks again BOSSKILLER you saved me.
There must be something wrong with 1.2 BIOS version of P35 Platinum mobo,you should check this more thoroughly.

Thanks. :agrees:

Corsair HX620W - 620W

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #9 on: 21-July-07, 10:56:57 »

THANK YOU!!!!!! BOSSKILLER, the Ami BIOS Recovery procedure worked for me (thank God)
I'm back with 1.1 BIOS version, and everything works fine again.........thanks again BOSSKILLER you saved me.
There must be something wrong with 1.2 BIOS version of P35 Platinum mobo,you should check this more thoroughly.

Thanks. :agrees:

you are welcome :-)), next time don't touch the BIOS when everythink is working fine.

wolfman140

• Neo
« Reply #10 on: 22-July-07, 08:57:18 »

Wow, the same exact thing just happened to me....Right now I'm using my girlfriend's computer...So first I'll try unplugging the power, holding power button, then CMOS clear.  (I didn't do the power button thing before)  Hopefully that'll work...If not I'll try the AMI recovery one...I only hope it'll work with a USB jump drive that I made into a bootdisk...I really don't want to put a floppy drive in.  Arg....I'll update with results.  Great BIOS release MSI!  Good work!   :angryfire:

wolfman140

• Neo
« Reply #11 on: 22-July-07, 09:31:57 »

The AMI Recovery thing worked...to a degree.  After that the CMOS Checksum was always bad every boot and BIOS settings erased after ever boot.  Eventually it was solved when I remembered which Fkey gives you a boot menu...Because the BIOS wiped every boot I couldn't see POST (stupid logo screen) and couldn't remember which Fkey gave me a boot menu.  Finally, I got my boot menu, chose the jump drive, and reloaded v1.1 BIOS the usual way.
 So 1.5 hrs later after initial breakdown, I'm back again.  I need to find a customer server number for MSI so I can yell at them, not that it matters...But it would make me feel better.
 I wonder if everyone is having this trouble or if we are just the lucky ones.

vjkostas

• Winki
« Reply #12 on: 22-July-07, 09:43:36 »

Wow, the same exact thing just happened to me....Right now I'm using my girlfriend's computer...So first I'll try unplugging the power, holding power button, then CMOS clear.  (I didn't do the power button thing before)  Hopefully that'll work...If not I'll try the AMI recovery one...I only hope it'll work with a USB jump drive that I made into a bootdisk...I really don't want to put a floppy drive in.  Arg....I'll update with results.  Great BIOS release MSI!  Good work!   :angryfire:

If clear CMOS don't work try the Ami BIOS Recovery procedure, through a USB flash stick with only the previous BIOS version that works.
I did that and worked for my through the flash disk.....if you have a floppy drive installed try to disconnect it first, so that the system sees usb flash stick  as a: drive.

Good Luck!!!
Corsair HX620W - 620W

vjkostas

• Winki
« Reply #13 on: 22-July-07, 09:49:32 »

The AMI Recovery thing worked...to a degree.  After that the CMOS Checksum was always bad every boot and BIOS settings erased after ever boot.  Eventually it was solved when I remembered which Fkey gives you a boot menu...Because the BIOS wiped every boot I couldn't see POST (stupid logo screen) and couldn't remember which Fkey gave me a boot menu.  Finally, I got my boot menu, chose the jump drive, and reloaded v1.1 BIOS the usual way.
 So 1.5 hrs later after initial breakdown, I'm back again.  I need to find a customer server number for MSI so I can yell at them, not that it matters...But it would make me feel better.

I'm happy you've made it......1.2 Bios version of P35 Platinum must be seriously f.....d up!!!!
This is the first time i have a problem with a BIOS update.
Corsair HX620W - 620W

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #14 on: 22-July-07, 13:18:04 »

@wolfman140
as i said don't touch the BIOS, when everythink is working just fine... read here: http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=103441.0

wolfman140

• Neo
« Reply #15 on: 22-July-07, 18:08:23 »

I don't subscribe to the "if your system is fine, don't flash theory"  Why?
  Well, see here for one reason http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3020
Basically, later BIOS revisions can let you get some more overclocking overhead out of it.

The 2nd reason is often it has added features.  For instance, v1.2 (before the nightmare began) had an option to save your configurations to be able to load them at a later date.  I thought that would've been awesome...So if for whatever reason you had to revert, then come back, you can simply load your saved settings. 

So whatever...if you're happy running your system at stock value (and its stable) that's great for you.  But for those of us who want to get every feature and get our money's worth out of our boards, I don't think its considered 'dumb' to get the latest BIOS updates.
Just my 2 cents.
And seriously...a BIOS SHOULDN'T hose your system like this one did...no excuses for that.

jeroendg

« Reply #16 on: 22-July-07, 22:07:16 »

Here I have the same problem with 1.2. Unfortunately I don't have a other computer with floppy so I have to write a floppy at work tomorrow and than connect a floppy drive to the P35 Platinum. Hopefully I will also be lucky an get a working system back.

Did anybody success with bios Rom 1.2 and have a stable system afterwards?

I flashed the bios with the USB utility and the system booted first time after flashing.

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #17 on: 22-July-07, 23:23:56 »

keep us updated with your progress.
"Did anybody success with bios Rom 1.2 and have a stable system afterwards?"
you should stuck with BIOS which works for you without troubles.. and DO NOT UPDATE BIOS without serious reason.

mars777

« Reply #18 on: 23-July-07, 07:25:04 »

I had exactly the same problem with BIOS 1.2. Recovery procedure only allowed me to go to BIOS (I didn't hear 4 beeps as stated there). Booting always showed checksum error. It was booting to OS only after pressing continue with default BIOS settings but my DVD was not a part of boot device. Then after disconnecting some drives, apparently DVD drive has made it as a boot device so I was able to boot from Windows 98 CD (special CD for installing BIOS). So I recovered BIOS 1.1 and everything works fine now.

The reason I upgraded to the latest is to have RAID issue fixed. Two drives in SATA RAID set in the BIOS 1.1 won't boot - hanging at AUTO-DETECTING AHCI PORT2 message. I got RAID working with 1.0 but then it broke in 1.1. Finally, I decided not to use RAID, maybe later when BIOS got fixed.
« Last Edit: 23-July-07, 16:03:53 by mars777 »

vjkostas

• Winki
« Reply #19 on: 23-July-07, 11:00:55 »

I don't subscribe to the "if your system is fine, don't flash theory"  Why?
  Well, see here for one reason http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3020
Basically, later BIOS revisions can let you get some more overclocking overhead out of it.

The 2nd reason is often it has added features.  For instance, v1.2 (before the nightmare began) had an option to save your configurations to be able to load them at a later date.  I thought that would've been awesome...So if for whatever reason you had to revert, then come back, you can simply load your saved settings. 

So whatever...if you're happy running your system at stock value (and its stable) that's great for you.  But for those of us who want to get every feature and get our money's worth out of our boards, I don't think its considered 'dumb' to get the latest BIOS updates.
Just my 2 cents.
And seriously...a BIOS SHOULDN'T hose your system like this one did...no excuses for that.

I Agree 1000% with wolfman140, BIOS updates are supposed to make things better, not worst.
Corsair HX620W - 620W

craigles

« Reply #20 on: 23-July-07, 20:27:14 »

you should stuck with BIOS which works for you without troubles.. and DO NOT UPDATE BIOS without serious reason.

Given that the BIOS flashing instructions state not to flash the BIOS unless your system is completely stable - then when are you meant to flash the BIOS?  You're saying that you should only flash it when you're having problems, but the instructions say not to flash the BIOS unless you're system is running completely fine??   :rolleyes:  :hypocrite:

(no, I didn't flash my BIOS and mess up my system - but it seems strange to release updates and then rule out every circumstance where people might want to use them...)

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #21 on: 24-July-07, 04:00:28 »

let we known if anyone need help here.

jeroendg

« Reply #22 on: 24-July-07, 10:27:29 »

What is the right Fkey. My Mboard is still broke. Some times if a reboot works I get a Bios Checksum Error! I used the AMI Recovery procedure but do you also have to flash afterwards with a normal flash routine? (Used rom vers. 1.1)

michel_P35

• Neo
« Reply #23 on: 24-July-07, 10:30:45 »

I flashed my P35 platinum to 1.2 using Live Update this weekend. All seemed to go well. A dos box opened and it started flashing. It seemed succesfull, no messages. Then windows was shut down and restarted. I got an error  :angryfire:

Something like "bad checksum". What  :shocking: I used the tool supplied by MSI and did everything by the book. How can this be? Anyway, my PC was able to resume booting and windows XP started up normally. Hmmm.

I rebooted my PC again to see what would happen. Well, all went fine! A nice screen with a spaceship appeared. No more bad checksum message. My PC booted just fine. I checked my BIOS version and it was 1.2 alright.

So, it seems the flash was succesful after all, despite the initial bad checksum error. I have rebooted many times, but never got that error again. Anybody else witness this???

P.S. I now know that I should not use Live Update; should have checked here first before jumping in and trusting MSI to supply me with a decent tool. Silly me :-P)

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #24 on: 24-July-07, 13:13:10 »

"So, it seems the flash was succesful after all, despite the initial bad checksum error. I have rebooted many times, but never got that error again. Anybody else witness this???"
that is normal and expected msg after BIOS update, don't worry about it.

michel_P35

• Neo
« Reply #25 on: 24-July-07, 13:28:09 »

Wow. So I actually flashed my P-35 Platinum MOBO to 1.2 succesfully using LiveUpdate  :agrees:
Am I lucky or what. Thanks Bosskiller for reassuring me, I am a happy camper  :hat tip:

Mike

• aka Frankenputer
  • Power Edition
  • Virginia, USA
« Reply #26 on: 24-July-07, 13:34:34 »

Yes, that's normal. Don't flash your bios unless you need to...unless it specifically addresses an issue that you are having or allows new hardware(mostly new CPUs).  A bios is not a driver and shouldn't be flashed just because there's a new version. If your machine is working fine, don't flash. Also, we don't recommend using Live Update here.  It's best to flash via USB drive, CD, or use our clickme>>MSI Forum HQ USB flashing tool!!!<<clickme.  A floppy drive is fine as well, but you should copy the files to a RAM drive and flash from said RAM drive(verifies the files, ensures files are not bad, and is faster).
#1:
MSI X38 Diamond/Bios 1.5; Core2Duo E8400 3.0Ghz; Thermalright Ultima-90HS/120 fan; 2X1GB DDR3 CorsairTWIN3X2048-1333C9DHXG; PIONEER|DVR-215DBK SATA DVD-DL & Lite-on DVD-ROM PATA; FDD; MSI 260GTX-T2D896; 196.34beta; Seagate 320GB  & WD 500GB SATA HDDs; PC P&C Silencer 750 +3.3V/24A~+5V/30A~+12V/60A; X-FI Xtreme PCIe; Antec P182 Case; XP PRO SP3

#2:
MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS Platinum/Bios 3.A; P4 2.8C HT; Thermalright XP-90HS; 2GB DDR400 RAM(2x1GB kit Mushkin HP3200 2-3-2-6); Nec ND-3550A DVD-DL & TDK 52X24X48 CD-RW; FDD; Nvidia GeForce 7800GS; 84.21; Maxtor 200GB & Seagate 200GB PATA HDDs; Enermax 465P VE-FMA +3.3V/35A~+5V/35A~+12V/33A; Audigy 2ZS; XP PRO SP3
Dell 2209WA LCD on a DVI KVM switch

MSI Wind U100

michel_P35

• Neo
« Reply #27 on: 24-July-07, 14:07:49 »

Okay, so next time (IF there is going to be one) I will flash using USB. No more LiveUpdate.
Just out of curiosity, why is LiveUpdate considered so crappy? Many bad experiences I presume?
Are MSI aware of that (they recommend using LiveUpdate for flashing, don't they)?

Mike

• aka Frankenputer
  • Power Edition
  • Virginia, USA
« Reply #28 on: 24-July-07, 14:11:58 »

The problem is that Windows is crappy. If it's unstable or some program such as an AV or Firewall(like Zone Alarm) interrupts the process, you can have a bad flash. I've actually used LU 3 or 4 times without a problem, but the last flash I did, I used a floppy and copied the files to the RAM drive and flashed from there.  Windows can just have some issues and instability.
#1:
MSI X38 Diamond/Bios 1.5; Core2Duo E8400 3.0Ghz; Thermalright Ultima-90HS/120 fan; 2X1GB DDR3 CorsairTWIN3X2048-1333C9DHXG; PIONEER|DVR-215DBK SATA DVD-DL & Lite-on DVD-ROM PATA; FDD; MSI 260GTX-T2D896; 196.34beta; Seagate 320GB  & WD 500GB SATA HDDs; PC P&C Silencer 750 +3.3V/24A~+5V/30A~+12V/60A; X-FI Xtreme PCIe; Antec P182 Case; XP PRO SP3

#2:
MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS Platinum/Bios 3.A; P4 2.8C HT; Thermalright XP-90HS; 2GB DDR400 RAM(2x1GB kit Mushkin HP3200 2-3-2-6); Nec ND-3550A DVD-DL & TDK 52X24X48 CD-RW; FDD; Nvidia GeForce 7800GS; 84.21; Maxtor 200GB & Seagate 200GB PATA HDDs; Enermax 465P VE-FMA +3.3V/35A~+5V/35A~+12V/33A; Audigy 2ZS; XP PRO SP3

MSI Wind U100

michel_P35

• Neo
« Reply #29 on: 24-July-07, 14:20:23 »

Okay I see. I use AV, but disabled it before flashing (along with any other active programs). The windows XP firewall was on though (didn't even think about that). My PC is brand new and XP clean as a baby. That will probably help for stability. So, LiveUpdate actually works pretty well when you disable everything and have a stable windows installation. But then again, why take the risk with LU if there are safer methods of flashing.

Mike

• aka Frankenputer
  • Power Edition
  • Virginia, USA
« Reply #30 on: 24-July-07, 14:28:57 »

Pretty much. It's simply wiser and safer to flash using other than Window's methods.  Flashing a bios already has an inherent risk.  Another thing many do not think about is that if the power is interrupted during a flash, you've got a dead board. For this reason and many others, all of my PCs have been connected to a UPS(Uninterruptable Power Supply).
#1:

#2:

MSI Wind U100

KH242

« Reply #31 on: 24-July-07, 18:42:53 »

I have also the problem, on my personnal PC and that of a friend. I passed through LiveUpdate and my friend by a floppy MSDOS. The problem is identical… sorry but the BIOS 1.2 is really bad. A new BIOS must correct the errors but not to add some. When one calls a technical support for a help it asks whether the BIOS is up to date and if it is not it to update it.

...and sorry for my bad English :-)

jeroendg

« Reply #32 on: 25-July-07, 00:54:14 »

What a Bull S. not flashing Bios if the system is running fine (or it seems like the system is running fine) :wall:

Bios version 1.2 contains the following described!! updates:
- Update CPU Micro code.
- Update Marvell LAN Boot ROM version.
- Fixed DDR & NB chipset voltage will be reset to default after resume from S3.

A lot of the time a BIOS update contain more (small) items that are resolved but not mentioned in the update list.

My system seemed to work fine but under VISTA booting from hibernate status the Marvell network card gave issues sometimes resulting in no internet connection. A completely reboot would solve this issue but that's not what you want.

Luckily my system is back on line with Bios 1.1 and seems to run Okay. But still I would like to flash to 1.2!

akins75

• Neo
« Reply #33 on: 25-July-07, 00:58:11 »

I need help in reflashing my Bios in Dos with Bootable CD I a image for a boot Cd need instruction on flash my bios to V1.1 USB didn't work for me because my bios will not save setting it was corrupted by 1.2 system boot after hitting reset button on the case after the first boot. I need to reflash V1.1 for bios need instruction on how do that. Thanks for any help
MSI P35 Platinum
Intel E6550 @ 2.33Ghz
Corsair XMS2 2 x 1GB PC6400C4
EVGA 8600GTS 256MB
1 x 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
1 x 120GB Maxtor DiamondMax10
Creative X-Fi

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #34 on: 25-July-07, 01:01:44 »

What a Bull S. not flashing Bios if the system is running fine (or it seems like the system is running fine) :wall:

Bios version 1.2 contains the following described!! updates:
- Update CPU Micro code.
- Update Marvell LAN Boot ROM version.
- Fixed DDR & NB chipset voltage will be reset to default after resume from S3.

A lot of the time a BIOS update contain more (small) items that are resolved but not mentioned in the update list.

My system seemed to work fine but under VISTA booting from hibernate status the Marvell network card gave issues sometimes resulting in no internet connection. A completely reboot would solve this issue but that's not what you want.

Luckily my system is back on line with Bios 1.1 and seems to run Okay. But still I would like to flash to 1.2!
better contact to MSI support here, to have a try a new one...:
http://support.msi.com.tw/

I need help in reflashing my Bios in Dos with Bootable CD I a image for a boot Cd need instruction on flash my bios to V1.1 USB didn't work for me because my bios will not save setting it was corrupted by 1.2 system boot after hitting reset button on the case after the first boot. I need to reflash V1.1 for bios need instruction on how do that. Thanks for any help
http://www.bios-chips.com/e/bios-boot-cd.htm

akins75

• Neo
« Reply #35 on: 26-July-07, 02:18:53 »

Thank bosskiller, got mobo working again. I have E6550 processor and only making sure the system would be stable because it's a newly release in the US. V1.1 is working for now.
MSI P35 Platinum
Intel E6550 @ 2.33Ghz
Corsair XMS2 2 x 1GB PC6400C4
EVGA 8600GTS 256MB
1 x 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
1 x 120GB Maxtor DiamondMax10
Creative X-Fi

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #36 on: 26-July-07, 02:24:31 »

Thank bosskiller, got mobo working again. I have E6550 processor and only making sure the system would be stable because it's a newly release in the US. V1.1 is working for now.
you are welcome.

jeroendg

« Reply #37 on: 01-August-07, 06:46:42 »

Today I saw that MSI finally took Bios vers. 1.2 off line. So my guess is that it had serous issues  :noidea:

wolfman140

• Neo
« Reply #38 on: 01-August-07, 16:53:27 »

Hey...so it does look like 1.2 is gone...but they've added the 1.2 features/updates to 1.1 now...Do we think 1.1 is safe?
-Kevin

LDinis

• Neo
« Reply #39 on: 07-August-07, 00:57:07 »

how many take the recover until the 4 bips

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #40 on: 07-August-07, 01:02:15 »

how many take the recover until the 4 bips
2 minutes max.

LDinis

• Neo
« Reply #41 on: 07-August-07, 17:15:13 »

Boss i made the ami recover fine, but not every time the computer restart give me a bad cmos, any solution

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #42 on: 07-August-07, 17:16:46 »

Boss i made the ami recover fine, but not every time the computer restart give me a bad cmos, any solution

that's remain after "save and exit" from BIOS right?

LDinis

• Neo
« Reply #43 on: 07-August-07, 17:18:20 »

yes, no give changes to alternate de boot sequence

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #44 on: 07-August-07, 17:20:14 »

yes, no give changes to alternate de boot sequence
re-flash it again, via regular DOS way.

LDinis

• Neo
« Reply #45 on: 07-August-07, 17:22:16 »

ok i try

LDinis

• Neo
« Reply #46 on: 07-August-07, 17:46:06 »

work fine now, tks very much 1 more time

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #47 on: 07-August-07, 18:14:15 »

you are welcome. :-))

lQl

• Winki
« Reply #48 on: 09-August-07, 02:08:56 »

Hi,
I've also got a problem with my motherboard after flashing BIOS (with ver 1.3). Flashing under DOS went fine (no errors whatsoever) but after I restarted a PC I could see just black screen on the monitor. ALso fan on my graphic card goes to full spin mode. I tried to do BIOS recovery procedure, but after pressing ctrl+home floppy just for a short while tries to read something (as it recognizes disk inside), then stop and LED on it is only illuminating (why is that?). I waited about 20 minutes then restarted PC, but i didn't help at all. LEDs on motherboard say: Decompressing BIOS image to RAM for fast booting. Any ideas what else I can do ?

Aaron

• HydroGen
  • BOOST!
« Reply #49 on: 09-August-07, 02:31:20 »

Hello lQl,

Have you tried clearing CMOS?
Refrain from having to solve most of your problems by not creating them in the first place.

DDR3 Memory Standards: Blurry Lines
Integrated Memory Controllers (IMC)
Intel EIST and Processor C-states
Overclock Database 2.0
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up