I was cleaning out my PC last night. I was of course not using any water or a vacuum cleaner, but dry q-tips and small cotton pads. So, when I was booting up my PC after cleaning it, this is what happens:
I can hear and see that both my CPU and graphics card fans are activated. I assume this indicates that they are alive and well. The PSU also works as normal, with all lamps for all the volts shining green.
But, neither my CD ROM or harddrive boots. It seems like they aren't getting any power.
The first thing I reacted to was the power lamp on the front of my PC. The green lamp shines for about 3 seconds, before it jumps to the orange one, which also shines for about 3 seconds, before it jumps back to the green again, and so on. I guess this is a indication for that something isn't right. I tried checking the manual for my MB, but I didn't find anything that could help me solve this "code". I can add that the PC speaker doesn't make any sound.
Nothing appears on the screen either. Just the power lamp shines orange. It doesn't blink or anything.
So, what I have tested so far:
- My harddrive works. I tested it in another PC, and it works without any problem.
- I thought the obvious thing was that my PSU was broken, but I tested the system with another one, and it doesn't work with that one either.
- I checked the PSU with a multimeter, and everything is working as it should.
- I tried booting with another graphics card. Same result.
- I have tried booting with the minimum amount of hardware, still I get the same result.
- I also just tried to boot without any harddrives connected, and for some reason, I still get the same result.
My specs are as followed:
Power supply: http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/power_management/ocz_powerstream_power_supply
(The 520W version)
Motherboard: VIA MSI K8T800 NEO
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 2,2Ghz
RAM: OCZ Premier 1024 MB PC3200
Graphics card: POV GeForce 6600 AGP
So what I think the problem is, is that something on my MB is broken, so it wont support the CD ROM and harddrives with power. But I thought posting here would be a good idea, in case any of you guys in here have any suggestions for what could be wrong. I would be very grateful for any advice or help!