Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Forum FAQ contains answers to many frequently asked questions, please browse or search there before posting.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: StarCam 370i Installation  (Read 5638 times)

tatar

• Neo
  • Can you help?
StarCam 370i Installation
« on: 23-October-07, 20:42:44 »

I had 370i without problem for over a year. Lately I had problem with my PC so I had to re-install it.

When I start installing the 370i drivers within seconds I notice a Brown icon with a red circle and a line across it appearing in the task bar on bottom right corner (I believe this is Webcam icon). When I put mouse on it says DISCONNECTED.

When Windows find the driver it is for "USB PC Camera with Mic (SN9C105)" not for StarCam 370i

Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices > Audio > Sound Recording shows USB camera, no 370i option. It used to show StarCam 370i.

Skype program also shows "USB Camera" and not 370i.

Video Security although installed does not open. It gives a message "VideoSecurity should launch with MSI StarCam370i" and terminates.

I can use it with Skype, both video and sound. I re-installed it dozen of times and downloaded latest drivers. 5.12.2.25

Pentium 4, 768 MB RAM
Windows XP SP2 Latest
Pentium 4; 768 MB RAM; Windows XP Prof. SP2

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
Re: StarCam 370i Installation
« Reply #1 on: 23-October-07, 22:15:55 »

Is the camera working? I plugged in my Starcam and Windows installed it as the SN9C105 (HP), but I can use it in Windows Messenger and My Computer with no problems

You can force Windows to install the MSI driver as follows:

Right-click My Computer, select Properties, choose Hardware tab and click on Device Manager

Find the camera in the device list, right-click and choose Update driver

Choose 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)'

Select 'Don't search, I will select the driver to choose' and click Next

Select 'Have disk' (if MSI does not appear in the hardware manufacturer's list on the left) and point to location of extracted drivers, and select MSI Starcam 370i driver

It is important to avoid problems with installation by only connecting the camera AFTER the driver software has been installed :hat tip:
Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

tatar

• Neo
  • Can you help?
Re: StarCam 370i Installation
« Reply #2 on: 24-October-07, 00:52:32 »

Thanks. It has done the job.
Pentium 4; 768 MB RAM; Windows XP Prof. SP2
Pages: [1]   Go Up