Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neo4 Platinum (PCB 1.0) - Single SATA Setup  (Read 1541 times)

ZeshinXTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Neo4 Platinum (PCB 1.0) - Single SATA Setup
« on: 28-November-07, 10:30:01 »

Hey all

I'm waiting for a new 400 GB SATA drive I've ordered and been researching how to setup a single, non-RAID SATA drive.  Since I haven't had personal experience setting up a single (or any) SATA drive, I've come across a rather wide range of setup processes.  Some say you need the F6 drivers when installing Windows, some say you don't.

So, I figured I'd plumb the knowledge hereabouts.

Firstly, I plan to install the drive on SATA port 1 on the board.  Now the confusing part for me is what should be enabled/disabled in the BIOS.  I have the v1.D BIOS for my board (latest according to the LiveUpdate tool).

So, what should be enabled/disabled as far as RAID/SATA settings in the BIOS, and will I need the F6 floppy drivers for the controller (SATA port 1 on this board is controlled by the NVRaid controller if I'm not mistaken).

Any help/suggestions welcomed.  :)

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
Re: Neo4 Platinum (PCB 1.0) - Single SATA Setup
« Reply #1 on: 28-November-07, 14:30:54 »

"I'm waiting for a new 400 GB SATA drive I've ordered and been researching how to setup a single, non-RAID SATA drive.  Since I haven't had personal experience setting up a single (or any) SATA drive, I've come across a rather wide range of setup processes.  Some say you need the F6 drivers when installing Windows, some say you don't."

no, you no need to load any drivers there.

"Firstly, I plan to install the drive on SATA port 1 on the board.  Now the confusing part for me is what should be enabled/disabled in the BIOS.  I have the v1.D BIOS for my board (latest according to the LiveUpdate tool).

So, what should be enabled/disabled as far as RAID/SATA settings in the BIOS, and will I need the F6 floppy drivers for the controller (SATA port 1 on this board is controlled by the NVRaid controller if I'm not mistaken)."

Just make sure that RAID is Disabled
Pages: [1]   Go Up