Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Why not utilise your system's redundant processing power for a worthy cause, and join the MSI HQ Red Rockets Folding@Home team?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghost Recon game patches  (Read 1267 times)

BoneDaddy13

Ghost Recon game patches
« on: 11-February-03, 03:39:48 »

Ok, now I've got game working,  however, after I tried to patch it with software fixes from the game website it now states:

Cannot locate the CD-Rom:
Please insert your original Ghost Recon CD-ROM, select OK and restart application

What a bunch of $&*#!  This is bumming me out.  Anyone else had this issue.  Any help would be most appreciated.

TIA,
BoneDaddy13

Joli

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 11-February-03, 04:21:52 »

I'm in the same boat X( I read on one of the boards that MSI has a patch....
see this link

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_ghostrecon_ts&id=zxqki

It's at the bottom of the long post ;(

BoneDaddy13

reinstall
« Reply #2 on: 11-February-03, 21:41:18 »

I had to uninstall the patched version and re-install the basic edition from the CD.  Now I can play at home, but cannot connect to patched servers for multiplayer.  The software bundle was part of the reason I bought this card as it was a few bucks more than similar cards.  Is anyone from MSI even paying attention here?!?  ?(

Good luck to the rest of you!

BoneDaddy13

Update for the masses
« Reply #3 on: 22-March-03, 06:00:16 »

I've been working with MSI's support staff on this problem and have an actual help ticket on the issue.  Last update a couple of weeks ago is that MSI and UBI have discovered that there is some sort of problem with the packaged version, even though it's supposed to be the full version.  The support team is working with UBI on the issue and should have some sort of resolution within a few weeks.  That's a long time, I know, but at least they're acknowledging the problem.  As you can see, I've been on them for almost 2 months already.  If they don't fix it, I say we protest and demand a REAL copy of the game as advertised.  Anyone interested, contact me in private. :D

Allmighty

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 22-March-03, 18:28:42 »

Send Ubi soft  support an e-mail regarding your problem and they will send you a link to there msi patch.

Allmighty

XG8

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 06-May-03, 07:49:58 »

Originally posted by Allmighty
Send Ubi soft  support an e-mail regarding your problem and they will send you a link to there msi patch.

Allmighty

Hmmmm I did that a couple of times and never got a reply.

Joli

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 06-May-03, 15:46:31 »

This is what I sent to them via their web page submission if I remember correctly. I recieved a email back about 5 days later, with a link to the patch. If works fine, even with the latest nVidia video drivers.

Good luck.

(I submitted the following)
_______________________________________ _____________________

Question Reference #030322-000307
Summary:  I received a copy of Ghost Recon with my MSI Gforce4Ti 4500 card and it insta...
Product:  PC Titles
Sub-Product:  Ghost Recon
Category:  Patch Problems
Contact Information:  
Date Created:  03/22/2003 09:08 PM
Last Updated:  03/22/2003 09:08 PM

Discussion Thread
 I received a copy of Ghost Recon with my MSI Gforce4Ti 4500 card and it installs initialy ok. When I install any of the UBI patches it immediately askes for the CD, which is ok, but the software does not recognize the CD. I've posted this on the MSI website and it appears that both MSI and Ubi have identified a problem with the "full version" included in the MSI product and that a patch is supposed to be available from your company. If you can provide a link to this patch, I would appreciate it.

Richard

• nForce & GeForce Guru
  • Power Edition
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 06-May-03, 18:10:50 »

Joli,

The version of Ghost Recon that comes with the Vid card is different from the release version so you cannot use the Released Version Patches on it.

Take Care,

Richard
Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Custom Computers of Naples, Inc.

LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR
Athlon64 3700+ Sandy
(o/c'd 2.8Ghz)
Zalman CNPS9500LED
2-1Gb Mushkin Extreme PC-4000 (Slots 2 & 4)
(o/c'd 510Mhz)
2 x MSI NX6800GT-T2D256 (o/c'd Stock)
X-Mystique 7.1 GOLD - Dolby Digital Live
2-WD Raptors Raid 0
(16k Stripe)
NEC 16 Dual Layer DVD+/-RW
Logitech Z-680 500W Dolby Digital DTS THX 5.1
Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse
Saitek Eclipse Keyboard

Joli

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 06-May-03, 18:46:28 »

This is what I was told to do as per Ubi support.. Hope it helps.

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Jesse) - 03/24/2003 11:09 AM
Download the temporary MSI Ghost Recon fix from (removed link as per Ubi request)and unzip the contents to the Ghost Recon folder overwriting the existing GhostRecon.exe file. You must be fully patched to v1.4 before copying this file to the game folder. Make sure that you also head over to http://www.nvidia.com and install the 41.09 video drivers for your video card. Once these steps are done, you should not have any more trouble.

SnapperHead

• Neo
Ghost Recon on XP Pro
« Reply #9 on: 25-July-03, 19:29:44 »

I've been reading with interest all of the patch discussions....

I've patched my GR to 1.4 (1.3 first, and I'm still waiting on the link from UBI). However, my GR doesn't get far enough to ask me for the CD.

I've still got the "black screen then back to desktop" problem. Well, after a video driver update (to nVidia 44.03) I now get a Windows Error Reporting window...

Does anyone have this thing running correctly on XP Pro SP1+, with the GeForce4 Ti 4800 (AGP8X) and nVidia driver 44.03?

Arrrrrggggghhhhhhh.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Since UBI isn't being very responsive per my patch request, does anyone wanna post the url for me?
Pages: [1]   Go Up