I will check that sticker in the late afternoon when I get home.
Okay, do that. Once you know the version, download the BIOS Archive that contains exactly that version from the MSI Product site for your board and extract the BIOS File from it (A7513IMS.xyz).
There are two recovery attempts that you can try (they only have a chance to work, if the BIOS Boot Block is still intact (and currently, we do not really know if it is, so you have to test):
For both methods, please use one stick of RAM only, unplug all hard drives and optical drives you don't need, use a PS/2 Keyboard and Clear CMOS with your PSU disconnected from A/C power power.Method I
(this works perfectly on my P45 Platinum, so it is worth to try it on you board as well):
- rename the BIOS File to AMIBOOT.ROM and burn it to a CD
- hook up an optical SATA Drive to one of the Intel ICH10R SATA Ports of your, insert the prepared CD and press CTRL + Home continously right after starting the system on your PS/2 keyboard (hit it a couple of times to make sure the Boot Block Routines process the command at the right time to jump to the Recovery Routine
- if you are lucky, a Recovery Flash will be initiatedMethod II
(never tried it before, so please try all variations)
- keep all hard drives and optical drives disconnected, use a PS/2 keyboard
- copy AMIBOOT.ROM to the root folder of an USB Flash Drive (FAT/FAT32 file system)
- plug the flash drive into one of the back panel USB Ports
- hit CTRL + Home on the PS/2 keyboard after start-up and check if there is access to the USB Flash Drive (best to use one with an LED indicator)
- if there is accesss to the USB Flash drive, but nothing seems to happen, try the original BIOS File (don't rename it) and see if that changes anything
- in case there is no change, but still access to the USB Flash Drive, try to rename the file to A7513IMS.ROM and see if that works
If none of this works for you, there is reason to believe, that the Recovery Routine was corrupted during the failed BIOS Update. In that case, you will need to contact your reseller.