I just have a few questions that I hope can be kindly answered.
I have installed the Crucial memory sticks in slot 1 & 3 (this seems to be a bit more stable) (Crucial site states the mem is compatible)
I set the voltage to 1.5v as per the mem recommendation in bios and unganged.
I have had to set FSB/DRAM setting to 1:2.66.
Opened up core 4 as per the bios. (Using the original fan that came with CPU) Updated bios to version 1.4
I cannot get the ddr3 to work at 1333 for when it is set to this, when booting up Windows or Linux it freezes the system every time.
I have seen a thread (https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=131441.0
) where the voltage was increased to 1.7v and had results that the system became stable. The Crucial states 1.5v, so is this wise to try this option without over heating anything?
Have I got my settings wrong in the bios as in CPU Z it shows single and not unganged and DC MODE is greyed out , or am I reading this incorrectly?http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/photo/BFmRys66K3AQjLniqpH3yA?authkey=Gv1sRgCO7VsJH70pXqDQ&feat=directlink
Thank you - Boilerhouse
- AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz Socket AM3 6MB L3 Cache Black Edition Retail Boxed Processor
- Powercool 850W 80plus Certified Efficiency PSU - 6x SATA 2x PCI-E
- MSI 770-C45 AMD 770 AM3 DDR3 Support 8 channel Blu-ray Audio GB LAN ATX Motherboard
- Crucial 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10600 Memory Kit CL9 1.5V
- ASUS GeForce GT 220 1GB DDR2 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card
- Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache