Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GD80 Status LED and System Suspend problem  (Read 2060 times)

erniTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
GD80 Status LED and System Suspend problem
« on: 19-December-09, 11:34:51 »

Hi everyone.

My hardware:

- MSI P55-GD80
-BIOS AMI v1.4
-Intel Core i7 860
-OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) 1600MHz CL8 Gold Low-Voltage
-Zotac GeForce GTX 275 896MB
- PSU: Corsair TX850W
-HDD : 1- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 250GB (ST3250318AS); 2 - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB (ST3500630AS); 3 - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB (HD103SJ)
- Debian GNU/Linux "Squeeze", kernel 2.6.32, amd64

I have a problem with LEDs on motherboard. when they are lighting I can't "wake up" pc from S3 state (aka suspend). It just restarts when wake up event appears.
Actually the lighting LEDs are: 1&2 VTT_PHASE; "LED2" , which indicates active PCI-Express 16x port; CPU Phase LED panel (it shows 8) and + - buttons used for overclocking (OC Gene and these buttons are turned off in BIOS)

But the strangest thing is that the LEDs sometimes turns on and off (actually one day they do, in other they don't) when I turn on computer, even when they are disabled in BIOS (Green Power => Motherboard LED Control) [btw. Touch Panel is disabled and it still works  :think:]

I have cleared CMOS , swapped SATA cables and I have checked RAM and PCI-Express connection (sometimes when I reinsert graphic card everything starts to work well, but for a few days the problem appears again. The same goes to SATA cable  :confused2: )
Anyway it looks to me like an error reporting (or something) but there is nothing about that in the manual. (or it's a BIOS bug).

I have been searching about it, but i haven't found anything.

Anyone had this kind of problem?

EDIT: BIOS upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5 didn't help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up