Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GX630 Screen issues  (Read 2539 times)

01gtcrazykidTopic starter

• CORPORAL
GX630 Screen issues
« on: 24-January-10, 19:25:31 »

i did not know what exactly to put for the title so if a mod has a better title feel free to fix it.

the symptoms: the screen seems to be bi-polar when it comes to working. seems that if the laptop is cold(early morning) the screen will turn on and work just fine. but after it gets warmed up if i restart sometimes it works again sometimes not. when it does not work the screen turns on but is just black.

the laptop: GX630 with win 7 32bit installed. i have been having issues with the video driver for a while and when the official driver came out for it i dl'd and installed and it worked perfectly for a few days then this started happening.

• CORPORAL
Re: GX630 Screen issues
« Reply #1 on: 24-January-10, 20:05:16 »

sorry about the dbl post. but i have tried i think what you guys call the EC reset and still same issue. i have also tried using the hdmi and vga to see if it was the screen itself. but it still did not work.

zer0ink

• CORPORAL
« Reply #2 on: 24-January-10, 21:27:07 »

i had the same problem with my hp laptop. Put it on a cooling pad that has 3 fans and problem no more.

good luck

• CORPORAL
« Reply #3 on: 24-January-10, 23:39:01 »

i had the same problem with my hp laptop. Put it on a cooling pad that has 3 fans and problem no more.

good luck

is it really just from it over heating? if so wouldnt that make it a solider issue? can it be fixed? being on a ship keeping it cold is not an issue. because the navy loves making there ships like 50 degrees.

Fredrik

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • There's always a risk.
« Reply #4 on: 26-January-10, 15:13:23 »

Win 7 puts a much higher strain on the graphics memory than for example Vista. That is really the major change: Vista=RAM, Win 7=VRAM. Turn some graphics effects off, to see if that improves things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up