Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MS-9A08 NOT UNIQUE MAC ADDRESS  (Read 6804 times)

mkarathaTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
MS-9A08 NOT UNIQUE MAC ADDRESS
« on: 25-January-10, 08:30:36 »

Dear Sir/Madame

We have purcased 4 units MS-9A08 to our company, each unit has two LAN connections. The first LAN card on each machine has an unique MAC addresses. However, the second card (ON ALL MACHINES) have all the same MAC address. The address is 88:88:88:88:87:88 on all 4 machines. This MAC address is reported in both Windows XP SP3 as well from a custom OS by National Instruments (NI).

Both LAN cards works fine if each machine runs alone. But they can not operate on the same network, which was the intention for bying the systems.  Please don't ask me to change the drivers, I have tried with default driver from MSI AS WELL as the updated drivers from Intel. I tried manually to change the MAC address using the flash utility (AFUDOS.EXE) and the /M flag but the display output was that changing MAC in this system is not supported.

Can you please assist me in getting valid MAC addresses?

Regards,
Michael from Sweden

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
Re: MS-9A08 NOT UNIQUE MAC ADDRESS
« Reply #1 on: 25-January-10, 10:07:42 »

You can override mac address from lan driver properties

mkarathaTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: MS-9A08 NOT UNIQUE MAC ADDRESS
« Reply #2 on: 26-January-10, 02:20:09 »

Thanks for response,

Isn't there any way to change the MAC address directly by flashing the BIOS or use some other utility? We are aiming to use the computers on a operative system developed by National Instruments (DOS based, Labview Real-Time ) so it is not so easy to access the drivers as in Windows environment. Labview is supporting the Intel drivers perfectly but we have no utility change the MAC address. My understanding is that the MAC address should be unique from factory?

Regards,
Michael

mkarathaTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
PROBLEM SOLVED: MS-9A08 NOT UNIQUE MAC ADDRESS
« Reply #3 on: 26-January-10, 09:15:41 »

PROBLEM SOLVED!
I finally got a DOS-based utility that successfully could be used to change the MAC address on each computer.

Thanks!
Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up