Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Why not utilise your system's redundant processing power for a worthy cause, and join the MSI HQ Red Rockets Folding@Home team?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AHCI Mode should enable or disable on Netbook MSI Wind U100 -Win 7 Ultimate- ?  (Read 5508 times)

locomotion

• Neo

Hello guys,

Im new in here.. so tu sum up;

My little brother installed Windows 7 Ultimate recently everythings is working like a charm.. Then suddenly I go to BIOS to "Load Optimal Setting" just to reset my BIOS to default..

Now the Windows cant load up / start up and I suffer a BSOD "STOP:0X0000007B"..and keep repeating again and again..

Then I try to restore system, repair windows and still failed to load up Windows.. Then I ask my lil brother and he change AHCI Mode to "Enable" and "Enable" the system Memory OnBoard in BIOS.. now the windows can load and seem working fine.. the AHCI Mode is disable by BIOS default!!! so Im very confuse here..  :bonk:

I read in here they say "AHCI Mode" should have been disable!! .. So Im confuse now.. there is any affect? Can u guys explain to me about the "disable AHCI Mode and enable AHCI Mode"?..   :bonk:

Sorry for dis stupid question coz Im totally newbie with this netbook..sorry for bad english!!!!  :bonk:

My BIOS version 1.0e
« Last Edit: 11-March-10, 14:07:17 by locomotion »

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods

c0ff33

• Neo

When you install windows it loads the relevant ahci drivers to the mode you are in, so if you install with it on you must always have it on to boot correctly - if you turn it off then windows can not boot because it expects it to be on and vice versa.

My impression is it is better to have it on because it provides adanced intergration between the hard drive and OS, but if you want to use your system with it off then turn it off and reinstall your OS.
U100 / 2gb RAM / 320gb 7400rpm SATA
Windows 7 / OSX / Touchscreen Mod

locomotion

• Neo

tq for reply... very appreciate ur guys help..  :agrees:  :worship:

Mike

• aka Frankenputer
  • Power Edition
  • Virginia, USA

We appreciate the thank yous, but please use proper English and not netchat/netspeak/MSNchat.  Besides being part of the forum rules, many here use online translators because they can't read English and netchat won't translate.
#1:
MSI X38 Diamond/Bios 1.5; Core2Duo E8400 3.0Ghz; Thermalright Ultima-90HS/120 fan; 2X1GB DDR3 CorsairTWIN3X2048-1333C9DHXG; PIONEER|DVR-215DBK SATA DVD-DL & Lite-on DVD-ROM PATA; FDD; MSI 260GTX-T2D896; 196.34beta; Seagate 320GB  & WD 500GB SATA HDDs; PC P&C Silencer 750 +3.3V/24A~+5V/30A~+12V/60A; X-FI Xtreme PCIe; Antec P182 Case; XP PRO SP3

#2:
MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS Platinum/Bios 3.A; P4 2.8C HT; Thermalright XP-90HS; 2GB DDR400 RAM(2x1GB kit Mushkin HP3200 2-3-2-6); Nec ND-3550A DVD-DL & TDK 52X24X48 CD-RW; FDD; Nvidia GeForce 7800GS; 84.21; Maxtor 200GB & Seagate 200GB PATA HDDs; Enermax 465P VE-FMA +3.3V/35A~+5V/35A~+12V/33A; Audigy 2ZS; XP PRO SP3
Dell 2209WA LCD on a DVI KVM switch

MSI Wind U100

Pages: [1]   Go Up