Got my GX660 this weekend. Lovely bit of kit, but same issue with return from sleep mode.
On my machine I found this workaround:
1. Enter sleep mode (by closing the laptop lid)
2. When it's time to reawaken the GX660, click the power button. The computer will start reactivation.
3. During reactivation the screen will light up briefly, then turn off completely. When the screen goes completely dark, wait a few seconds then click the power button again.
4. After a few seconds the computer will appear to have turned off completely -- screen dark, all lights off.
5. Click the power button again: almost instantly the computer is reactivated, screen and all.
I.e. I have to click the power button a total of three times to get the GX660 out of sleep mode. Although this workaround does work (for me) it would be nice to get rid of it altogether. No further suggestions from MSI?
i just bought a GX660R and I've got exactly the same problem, straight out of the box (Before installing any new software, etc.). I solve it in exactly the same way you do, but it's not something we should have to do, especially considering this is supposed to be a fairly high end piece of kit.
It seems a rather absurd problem. I've noticed that it wakes up fine when you do it within a short period (hence the current solution we both use, because we're effectively putting it to sleep and waking it up again very quickly.) It must be something to do with the limited time it stays semi-active before going into full sleep? For example, when you close the lid, and you leave the sidelights running, they go off after about 5 minutes or so. Open the top and wake it up with the power button in that period and it wakes up fine. Clearly there's some extra level of dormancy after that period (Not saying it's linked to the lights, just that they're an indicator of a slightly different state). Would be really nice to have a solution to this. Especially considering it's brand new.