Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Forum FAQ contains answers to many frequently asked questions, please browse or search there before posting.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 7 64 bit SLEEP MODE PROBLEMS  (Read 8710 times)

boweldi

• Neo
Windows 7 64 bit SLEEP MODE PROBLEMS
« on: 07-June-10, 10:51:42 »

I've had this problem since i got this laptop about 6 months ago and nobody has a solution then, but i was wondering if anyone does now.

my MSI GX633 laptop doesnt wake up from sleep mode. if i put it to sleep, when i try to wake it up it turns back on but my screen/lcd stays black. doesnt turn on at all. the laptop itself seems to work fine but i cant see anything cause my screen is off. is there a fix for this. a function sleep mode would be of much use. thanks.

again my laptop is the GX633 and im on windows 7 professional 64bit

kasper771

• Afterburner
Re: Windows 7 64 bit SLEEP MODE PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: 07-June-10, 11:37:32 »

hi

what version of bios do you have?
Dum spiro spero

SaiBork

• Winki
« Reply #2 on: 07-June-10, 23:17:05 »

Turn off powerplay in the power settings.

krata

• Neo
« Reply #3 on: 03-September-10, 16:45:26 »

The same problem here. I am running Windows 7 64bit home premium. Is there any solution?

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk
« Reply #4 on: 03-September-10, 18:32:41 »

Longshot: Energy -> Power Options -> USB Settings -> USB selective suspend setting -> Disabled (it's somewhere in the advanced power settings)

It seemed to have fixed the problem with other users on other brand laptop, maybe it works.

laserfan

• Military Class
« Reply #5 on: 03-September-10, 19:18:12 »

Longshot: Energy -> Power Options -> USB Settings -> USB selective suspend setting -> Disabled (it's somewhere in the advanced power settings)
If not, you might methodically (and painfully) go thru each/every one of the new W7 Power settings and change them one-at-a-time.

And any items you may use with your laptop e.g. wireless mouse, make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you have the latest driver for it. I had a bear of a time with W7 sleep until I found the magic driver for MS's own wireless mouse!  :bonk:
MSI P7N Platinum MS-7380 BIOS v1.4 -- Q6600 2.4GHz -- Corsair 4x2GB DDR2 800 -- MSI N9600GT-OC -- Antec TP3-650 PSU -- XP Pro x64 & Win7 x64 in Dual Boot mode

MSI PT880 Neo-LSR BIOS v1.9 -- P4 Northwood 3.2GHz -- Corsair 2x1GB DDR 400 -- ATI AGP X1950 Pro -- Antec TP3-550 PSU -- XP Pro x32

phys-x

• Winki
« Reply #6 on: 24-September-10, 02:50:06 »

I've had this problem since i got this laptop about 6 months ago and nobody has a solution then, but i was wondering if anyone does now.

my MSI GX633 laptop doesnt wake up from sleep mode. if i put it to sleep, when i try to wake it up it turns back on but my screen/lcd stays black. doesnt turn on at all. the laptop itself seems to work fine but i cant see anything cause my screen is off. is there a fix for this. a function sleep mode would be of much use. thanks.

again my laptop is the GX633 and im on windows 7 professional 64bit

Me too..
exactly same GX633 with windows 7 HomePremium 64bit
have all driver updated, latest BIOS had no effect for sleep issue
the solution for now is to disable sleep mode.
Also SCM (System Control Manager) cannot mute the sound (fn+F9 hotkey)
Are you have same problem with SCM???
Or Realtek HD driver v2.52 who cause mute hotkey issue

r4Yy

• Neo
« Reply #7 on: 24-September-10, 10:37:13 »

.. about the same here..
its not the sleep (fn+F12) function, when the batery empty or near empty then the screen (only and only the screen) went off but the laptop is still on (even the running program stays running). i have to power off (pressing the power button for 4sec) and restart.
help pls.
thx

JohnnyBosc

• Neo
« Reply #8 on: 27-September-10, 12:04:45 »

Got my GX660 this weekend.  Lovely bit of kit, but same issue with return from sleep mode.

On my machine I found this workaround:

1. Enter sleep mode (by closing the laptop lid)
2. When it's time to reawaken the GX660, click the power button.  The computer will start reactivation.
3. During reactivation the screen will light up briefly, then turn off completely.  When the screen goes completely dark, wait a few seconds then click the power button again.
4. After a few seconds the computer will appear to have turned off completely -- screen dark, all lights off.
5. Click the power button again: almost instantly the computer is reactivated, screen and all.

I.e. I have to click the power button a total of three times to get the GX660 out of sleep mode.  Although this workaround does work (for me) it would be nice to get rid of it altogether.  No further suggestions from MSI?

Mike

• aka Frankenputer
  • Power Edition
  • Virginia, USA
« Reply #9 on: 27-September-10, 14:35:39 »

Guys, contact MSI directly with this issue as well.  The more people that inform them of this the better.
#1:
MSI X38 Diamond/Bios 1.5; Core2Duo E8400 3.0Ghz; Thermalright Ultima-90HS/120 fan; 2X1GB DDR3 CorsairTWIN3X2048-1333C9DHXG; PIONEER|DVR-215DBK SATA DVD-DL & Lite-on DVD-ROM PATA; FDD; MSI 260GTX-T2D896; 196.34beta; Seagate 320GB  & WD 500GB SATA HDDs; PC P&C Silencer 750 +3.3V/24A~+5V/30A~+12V/60A; X-FI Xtreme PCIe; Antec P182 Case; XP PRO SP3

#2:
MSI 865PE Neo2-PFS Platinum/Bios 3.A; P4 2.8C HT; Thermalright XP-90HS; 2GB DDR400 RAM(2x1GB kit Mushkin HP3200 2-3-2-6); Nec ND-3550A DVD-DL & TDK 52X24X48 CD-RW; FDD; Nvidia GeForce 7800GS; 84.21; Maxtor 200GB & Seagate 200GB PATA HDDs; Enermax 465P VE-FMA +3.3V/35A~+5V/35A~+12V/33A; Audigy 2ZS; XP PRO SP3
Dell 2209WA LCD on a DVI KVM switch

MSI Wind U100

varun.ismu

• Neo
« Reply #10 on: 29-December-10, 04:40:29 »

I also have same problem. However it doesn't occur always, sometimes i get out of sleep mode normally.
When the display goes blank again take your pc into sleep, now when to press power button this time, everything wil be normal.

It it is really frustrating. BIOS has got no sleep options.

My system:
GX660-421IN
i7 720QM

phys-x

• Winki
« Reply #11 on: 15-June-11, 23:09:25 »

The problem is solved with Nvidia driver update for me.
Try to download Nvidia mobile driver from nvidia official site.
The latest version right now is version 275.33.

Thank everyone....   :biggthumbsup:

thulsadoom76

• Neo
« Reply #12 on: 23-September-11, 22:05:05 »

Got my GX660 this weekend.  Lovely bit of kit, but same issue with return from sleep mode.

On my machine I found this workaround:

1. Enter sleep mode (by closing the laptop lid)
2. When it's time to reawaken the GX660, click the power button.  The computer will start reactivation.
3. During reactivation the screen will light up briefly, then turn off completely.  When the screen goes completely dark, wait a few seconds then click the power button again.
4. After a few seconds the computer will appear to have turned off completely -- screen dark, all lights off.
5. Click the power button again: almost instantly the computer is reactivated, screen and all.

I.e. I have to click the power button a total of three times to get the GX660 out of sleep mode.  Although this workaround does work (for me) it would be nice to get rid of it altogether.  No further suggestions from MSI?
i just bought a GX660R and I've got exactly the same problem, straight out of the box (Before installing any new software, etc.). I solve it in exactly the same way you do, but it's not something we should have to do, especially considering this is supposed to be a fairly high end piece of kit.

It seems a rather absurd problem. I've noticed that it wakes up fine when you do it within a short period (hence the current solution we both use, because we're effectively putting it to sleep and waking it up again very quickly.) It must be something to do with the limited time it stays semi-active before going into full sleep? For example, when you close the lid, and you leave the sidelights running, they go off after about 5 minutes or so. Open the top and wake it up with the power button in that period and it wakes up fine. Clearly there's some extra level of dormancy after that period (Not saying it's linked to the lights, just that they're an indicator of a slightly different state). Would be really nice to have a solution to this. Especially considering it's brand new.

NuClear235

• Neo
« Reply #13 on: 29-December-11, 22:57:45 »

I have problem- I can not make my notebook sleep again.

namelessness

• Neo
« Reply #14 on: 27-December-12, 05:03:24 »

Hello,

Is there a permanent fix for this problem? My MSI GX660 cannot be opened right now, only the Power Button light and Half Moon light is lit.
Same as everyone's problem
Pages: [1]   Go Up