Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members, please remember to read the Forum Rules and the Posting Guide before posting for the first time!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do i hook up both 6 pin power connectors?  (Read 2058 times)

danhasmail

• Neo
Do i hook up both 6 pin power connectors?
« on: 23-July-10, 19:31:16 »

Hi everyone,
I have the N470GTX M2D12 graphics card. It has 2 places next to each other for a 6 pin power connector. Do i hook them BOTH up?
I do have two,and they have a small 2 pin connector hooked to them. What are they (the 2 pin connectors) for????
Thanks in advance on any help you can give me.
danny   :confused2:
ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme-Intel i7 930 CPU-6GB Corsair RAM-MSI N470GTX Video-OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SATA 3 + WD 1TB SATA 3-Windows 7 64bit Pro.-Antec 1200 Case with Antec 750W PSU

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
Re: Do i hook up both 6 pin power connectors?
« Reply #1 on: 23-July-10, 19:47:23 »

I have the N470GTX M2D12 graphics card. It has 2 places next to each other for a 6 pin power connector. Do i hook them BOTH up?

yes, connect them both

I do have two,and they have a small 2 pin connector hooked to them. What are they (the 2 pin connectors) for?

show us

Ex Forum Mod

• Hawk
« Reply #2 on: 23-July-10, 20:18:17 »

Excerpt from one of the video card manufacturers.

"PCI Express graphics cards without any kind of auxiliary power connector are called "75W cards" because 75W is the most power the card can pull from' the PCI Express slot. A graphics card with one 6-pin PCIe power connector is called a "150W card" because the 6-pin allows the card to draw up to 150W of power. A graphics card with two 6-pin PCIe power connectors is called a "225W card" and a graphics card with one 6-pin PCIe and one 8-pin or 6+2 PCIe power connector is called a "300W card"

Froggy Gremlin

• Power Edition
« Reply #3 on: 24-July-10, 04:26:30 »

What are they (the 2 pin connectors) for?
They are used with the 6 pin to convert to an 8 pin connection to a VGA card when required, otherwise, they serve no additional purpose. :-))

Life Is Very Good Without Any Win 8/8.1, SSD's, RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!
Pages: [1]   Go Up