Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X58 Pro-E fails to OC after 8.D0 bios update  (Read 5213 times)

xarispTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
X58 Pro-E fails to OC after 8.D0 bios update
« on: 25-September-10, 07:10:17 »

After updating the bios with the latest version (8.13) system will not boot and keeps resetting. When manually entering bios, it says that it couldn't boot because of failing OC settings. I've been using the same OC settings since I bought my pc and it never had any problem. My OC is very low. I reverted back to 8.12 and everything is fine again. Faulty bios perhaps?

MoBo: MSI X58 Pro-E
CPU: Intel i7 920 OCed only to 145x20 (2900)
Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2
Ram: 6x2GB Kingston Gold@1500MHz

Jack

• Ex Forum moderator
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    • A user initiative by MSI fanatics to support all other MSI product users
Re: X58 Pro-E fails to OC after 8.D0 bios update
« Reply #1 on: 25-September-10, 08:09:51 »

Not each and every BIOS Release will reveal the same OC results.  You may have to find new/altered settings to stabilize your system.  That is not necessarely a sign of a faulty BIOS. 

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 25-September-10, 11:11:45 »

I reverted back to 8.12 and everything is fine again.

If that version works best for you, then stick with it. BIOS is not a driver, only update if its really required.
Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

frabor68

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #3 on: 27-September-10, 20:12:13 »

I have the exact same problem.  The computer fails to boot on any overclock.  Something in the new BIOS must be preventing it.

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #4 on: 28-September-10, 02:39:34 »

I have the exact same problem.  The computer fails to boot on any overclock.  Something in the new BIOS must be preventing it.
Then it may be best for you & the OP to get a ticket in with MSI Tech Support describing the details to them. If they can duplicate it, good chance of it being resolved.
The Last Hoorah! I Had Retired From All This! Can't Believe I'm Really Doing A Platform Test One More Time!  :shocked:

Z97 Gaming 7, 4790k, Zalman CNPS9900Max-R, Corsair AX-850, Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800's, WD 600 SATA III V.Raptor, Lite-On iHAS 424, GTX 680's In SLI, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit    

Life Can Be Very Fulfilling Without Win 8/8.1, SSD's (Exception: Testing PCI-E M.2), RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

IXOYE

frabor68

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 01-October-10, 13:43:37 »

Submitted an on-line customer service ticket.  We'll see.   :undecided:

xarispTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #6 on: 09-October-10, 02:07:05 »

Submitted an on-line customer service ticket.  We'll see.   :undecided:

Did you have any reply yet?

MJobez

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #7 on: 10-October-10, 18:15:05 »

Same here with 8.DO BIOS for X58 Pro / no more overclocking (From 1600 I go back to 1066) and random problem at boot with my WD disk 1To (It's changing something on MBR because Norton Internet Security 2011 is no more activated after BIOS upgrade and you must re-install)

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #8 on: 11-October-10, 05:20:43 »

Did you have any reply yet?

Same here with 8.DO BIOS for X58 Pro / no more overclocking
Well Mjobez & xarisp, please get a ticket in with MSI Tech Support. I wouldn't wait around or hold my breath for a reply from frabor68. Nothing is going to get done or resolved by just posting about it. :idea:
The Last Hoorah! I Had Retired From All This! Can't Believe I'm Really Doing A Platform Test One More Time!  :shocked:

Z97 Gaming 7, 4790k, Zalman CNPS9900Max-R, Corsair AX-850, Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800's, WD 600 SATA III V.Raptor, Lite-On iHAS 424, GTX 680's In SLI, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit    

Life Can Be Very Fulfilling Without Win 8/8.1, SSD's (Exception: Testing PCI-E M.2), RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

IXOYE

MJobez

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #9 on: 11-October-10, 06:14:01 »

Thank you, I made it  :)

frabor68

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #10 on: 15-October-10, 13:46:03 »

I received a response that said to:

Thank you for contacting the MSI technical support. Regarding your issue, we suggest you update lates bios A7522IMS.8E1 from following link to check again.
bios file
bios flash tool
If you have no floppy, you can make usb boot device for DOS using tool then you can flash bios referring to bios flash procedure.
usb boot tool
bios flash procedure
After bios flash, please unplug the power supply for a while then clear CMOS (refer to the manual). Then please go to bios to load optimized defaults.
Thanks for your cooperation in advance!

Best regards,
MSI Technical Support Team

Problem is that when I powered on after the flash, the computer wouldn't boot.  I don't think the bios flashed correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up