Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The 890GXM-G65 motherboard  (Read 7295 times)

Ujee

• SERGEANT
The 890GXM-G65 motherboard
« on: 07-November-10, 07:17:37 »

I don't want to be disappointed with this 890GX model.

This is the third mainboard I bought in my life and this is the best one I got. I like the specs and all its features, and it's a mATX.
One reason I decided to get this thing is because of the current requirements demanded by today's games. And I'm thinking I can play them using this board smoothly considering all its capabilities. So far it's doing good, however I got a little concern about playing games using a standard USB game controller (joypad).

The computer recognizes the USB controller every time I plug it in, loads default drivers in it (Win7) during the initial process 'til it says it's ready to be used.
That's the usual stuff and I got no problem with that. What irks me is I can't use the "recognized" controller. I don't understand why.
I checked to see the controller properties, the settings and all. It's there but I can't calibrate it. It's like "for your eyes only"  :censored::nooo:

Then I suspected it's this motherboard's "bug". I start to blame the motherboard simply because my other OLD motherboard lets me play it (the controller) with no hassles whatsoever. It's not a hardware problem, not an OS problem either. I had Windows 7 and XP installed on that old system and my controller works perfectly fine with it.

Now I badly want this to be fixed. I could be wrong but I need a BIOS update, I guess. :help:  Any help to this LITTLE issue, please? I'm open to your helpful and informative suggestions, etc.
« Last Edit: 07-November-10, 14:24:32 by Ujee »
MSi 890GXM-G65, BIOS v1.6
Phenom II X4 965 BE
(Scythe NINJA MINI Rev.B)
GeForce GTX 470
HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600
Seagate Barracuda
LG Combo Drive
750W 80 Plus PSU
Windows XP-SP3 x86 / Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Ex Forum User 3

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
« Reply #1 on: 07-November-10, 12:08:10 »

http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=1&prod_no=2012

You must install the USB drivers as it's a USB 3.0 board.

I suspect you just moved the board and didn't install drivers ;-))

If installing doesn't help either, then try a fresh windows install, as windows is very picky about changing motherboards.

Ujee

• SERGEANT
« Reply #2 on: 07-November-10, 14:28:42 »

Thanks Bas.
Yes, sir I already DID ALL OF THAT including re-installing a fresh new copy of the two different Operating Systems on two separate NTFS partitions. I even keep the controller plugged in during the process just to make sure it will really work afterwards. And I have all updated drivers... Didn't help. Same issue. It sucks.  :undecided:
But oh well, maybe that's just how USB 3.0 boards behave on these old USB 2.0 joypad game controllers, I dont know.  :sad:
I'll try to connect another USB game controller that comes along with its own driver CD to see if the motherboard still acts the same way...
Phenom II X4 965 BE
GeForce GTX 470
HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600
Seagate Barracuda
LG Combo Drive
750W 80 Plus PSU

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 07-November-10, 14:35:33 »

As far as I'm aware, only the two blue USB ports on the back of the board are connected to the USB 3.0 controller, the others are connected to the USB 2.0 controller.

What USB joypad are you talking about anyway?

Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

Ujee

• SERGEANT
« Reply #4 on: 07-November-10, 14:43:37 »

As far as I'm aware, only the two blue USB ports on the back of the board are connected to the USB 3.0 controller, the others are connected to the USB 2.0 controller.

What USB joypad are you talking about anyway?

It's just a standard gamepad with an unknown brand (it doesn't come with a driver of its own unlike other known brands e.g Microsoft or Logitech). But it works well with my old mainboards using default drivers. It's confusing why I can't use it in this new board. :(
Phenom II X4 965 BE
GeForce GTX 470
HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600
Seagate Barracuda
LG Combo Drive
750W 80 Plus PSU

Ujee

• SERGEANT
« Reply #5 on: 07-November-10, 14:50:23 »

Hope I can find somebody in here who has the same mainboard with this same issue.
Phenom II X4 965 BE
GeForce GTX 470
HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600
Seagate Barracuda
LG Combo Drive
750W 80 Plus PSU

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: 07-November-10, 14:51:24 »

The mainboard has nothing to do with how Windows is installing drivers for your joypad.

Does the joypad work with your games correctly?
Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up