Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: msi p67a gd65 bios 1.6 dont save  (Read 224713 times)

DerBert

• SERGEANT
Re: msi p67a gd65 bios 1.6 dont save
« Reply #50 on: 13-January-11, 03:38:37 »

I did try flashing with just one module inserted. Doesn't make a difference.
P67A-GD65 - i5-2500K - 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 1.5V - Seasonic X-460 (+12V 38A) - Gigabyte 5850 - Intel X25-M G2

BillyPT

• CORPORAL
« Reply #51 on: 13-January-11, 03:44:04 »

I've been told as a flash, followed all the steps, already tested with only one dimm and is always the same!

From what I see there is a lot of people with this problem ... somebody else had this problem after a recovery bios?

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #52 on: 13-January-11, 03:45:32 »

Initial startup, one stick RAM, load OS & drivers, etc., then add the other stick or sticks. Didn't want to start a debate about it, just a build hint. Didn't intend to get this thread off topic.
The Last Hoorah! I Had Retired From All This! Can't Believe I'm Really Doing A Platform Test One More Time!  :shocked:

Z97 Gaming 7, 4790k, Zalman CNPS9900Max-R, Corsair AX-850, Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800's, WD 600 SATA III V.Raptor, Lite-On iHAS 424, GTX 680's In SLI, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit    

Life Can Be Very Fulfilling Without Win 8/8.1, SSD's (Exception: Testing PCI-E M.2), RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

IXOYE

charismo

• SERGEANT
« Reply #53 on: 13-January-11, 04:04:15 »

in my opinion the DIMM discussion is irrelevant in this thread. It might be "best practice" but I find it highly unlikely that it would actually affect the outcome. In my over 15 years building PCs and flashing BIOSs it has never made any difference where the DIMMs are populated.

Now back on topic.. I would like to know how much attention this has at MSI right now. I see we have a technician posting in here, but my ticket is still just "processed" and no official response from MSI yet, even though they say they will reply within 24 hours.

I find it hard to believe that a modern commercial product can be released with so many bugs. 20 ghz processor listed in bios, seriously?

Sorry - my patience is getting a little thin. Just want to try to get some official feedback that MSI at least recognise this problem.

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #54 on: 13-January-11, 04:19:21 »

in my opinion the DIMM discussion is irrelevant in this thread. It might be "best practice" but I find it highly unlikely that it would actually affect the outcome. In my over 15 years building PCs and flashing BIOSs it has never made any difference where the DIMMs are populated.
Like I said, it wasn't meant to start debate, just a build hint charismo. So please stop. If you want answers, contact MSI Tech Support & don't :censored: & moan here. It won't do any good. RAM population with P/H55 & now P67 'does' seem to be a factor. Otherwise why would MSI make a point of it? But again, no response required & the forum rules prevent arguing & ongoing debate.

I find it hard to believe that a modern commercial product can be released with so many bugs. 20 ghz processor listed in bios, seriously? Sorry - my patience is getting a little thin. Just want to try to get some official feedback that MSI at least recognise this problem.
Having Warner post in this thread should be proof enough they are aware. :-))
The Last Hoorah! I Had Retired From All This! Can't Believe I'm Really Doing A Platform Test One More Time!  :shocked:

Z97 Gaming 7, 4790k, Zalman CNPS9900Max-R, Corsair AX-850, Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800's, WD 600 SATA III V.Raptor, Lite-On iHAS 424, GTX 680's In SLI, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit    

Life Can Be Very Fulfilling Without Win 8/8.1, SSD's (Exception: Testing PCI-E M.2), RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

IXOYE

DerBert

• SERGEANT
« Reply #55 on: 13-January-11, 04:24:04 »

I've opened a ticket yesterday as well and have got two responses since then. The first one yesterday, in which they asked me to check the CMOS battery. I've posted the results of further testing including the 1.8b5 bios and got a second response this morning. Quote:

"We will check this issue then get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
MSI Technical Support Team"

They are aware of the problem and are working on it. But the processor being shown running at 20.26GHz even in 1.7 and 1.8b5 is a little odd, considering the board was designed to run them.
P67A-GD65 - i5-2500K - 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 1.5V - Seasonic X-460 (+12V 38A) - Gigabyte 5850 - Intel X25-M G2

Hell

• CORPORAL
« Reply #56 on: 13-January-11, 04:25:21 »

French MSI support work on it too.

The problem they have actualy is to get a motherboard with this problem.

So if I get news from the french community, I will share you !

Jack

• Ex Forum moderator
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    • A user initiative by MSI fanatics to support all other MSI product users
« Reply #57 on: 13-January-11, 04:29:15 »

Now, that at least some of you have reported the problem to technical support, you definately have their attention.  As I said before, they will usually try to reproduce the issue first before they can attempt to fix it.  Since there quite a lot of other users out there who do not have this problem (even though system configurations are similar), reproducing the problem may not be that simple.  However, MSI is definately looking into it.

So if I get news from the french community, I will share you !

:biggthumbsup:

-------------

Technical Support in Germany is looking into it as well.

charismo

• SERGEANT
« Reply #58 on: 13-January-11, 04:32:49 »

thanks guys..

sorry about the rant.

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #59 on: 13-January-11, 04:36:31 »

No problem charismo. We are all in this together & want everything to succeed. :-))

Added: I should have kept the build hint to myself. Bad judgement on my part. All have my sincere apology.

IXOYE

charismo

• SERGEANT
« Reply #60 on: 13-January-11, 04:53:23 »

Hi all, I just got this response:

Dear xyz,

Thanks for contacting MSI Technical Support Team!
Regarding your concern, kindly please visit following link to download and update to the latest BIOS E7681IMS.185 for a try:

ftp

Have a nice day & a good mood!

Thanks & Best Regards,
MSI Technical Support Team!

from what I can tell this is just the 1.8b5 that we have already tried. I have replied and asked them to look more into the saving config aspect of the bios since that is where the issue is, and that it seems to have been introduced from 1.5+.

Jack

• Ex Forum moderator
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
« Reply #61 on: 13-January-11, 05:15:17 »

There has not been a single-step update from v1.4 to v1.5.  Several BETA-Releases have been in between that are all based on each other (v1.4(0) [Final Release] -> v1.5b1 -> v1.5b2 -> v1.5b3 -> v1.5b4 -> v1.5b5 -> v1.5b6 -> v1.5b7 -> v1.5(0) [Final Release]).

Each BETA Release contains quite a few different fixes.  Of course it would be interesting to find out since which of the 7 BETA Releases the problems mentioned here actually start occuring to be able to narrow down which modification on the way to the v1.5(0) Final release could be responsible for the situation.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any of the v1.5bx BETA Releases and cannot provide any of them to those of you that are willing to do some further tests.

charismo

• SERGEANT
« Reply #62 on: 13-January-11, 05:19:37 »

I would be willing to do this providing I could get the BIOS versions, it would indeed be very helpful to MSI to isolate where the bug was introduced.

klaasvaag

• SERGEANT
  • Just a Dude
    • SWAMCREW gaming community
« Reply #63 on: 13-January-11, 05:26:24 »

same here
P67A-GD65, i7 2600K
Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8
CORSAIR TX-750
XFX 6950 HD
1TB WD Caviar Black SATA II HD
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB
Sony Optiarc CD/DVD 24x SATA

DerBert

• SERGEANT
« Reply #64 on: 13-January-11, 05:34:44 »

I'd like to test the different betas as well.

Phreaky-

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #65 on: 13-January-11, 05:36:16 »

MSI P67a-GD65
GEiL ValuePlus 16GB DDR3, 9-9-9-24, 1333Mhz @ 1.5V
Intel Core i5-2500K
Intel G2 'Postville' 80GB SSD
MSI 460GTX Cyclone
Enermax Modu 82+

I seem to have to same problem and more problems...

When I boot my PC i get several beeps and in the right-bottom corner I get the number 98 and then it changes to B4 and my pc hangs for a few minutes after that it boots fine. Anyone an idea why it does that?

But if I check the bios settings my pc is running @ 20+ Ghz or something and my memory is running @ 2133Mhz. At least that is what the bios thinks it does.
<< Solved after CLEAR CMOS see manual page en-22

If I want to change the cpu base clock the Bios (1.4) freezes. << Bad Idea according a forum member

I updated the bios to 1.5 and I got the same issue as you guys. Still the boot problem so it takes about 5 minutes to boot. But now I can't save the bios settings, bios freezes. The Mouse doesn't work I can move the cursor but only from left to right not from top to bottom.

When I boot into Windows 7 everything seems 100% ok. My Core i5 2500K runs according to Windows 7 @ 3,3Ghz and my memory @ 1333 Mhz 9-9-9-20 @ 1.5V so the MSI bios is really messed up. I will send this to support as well.

I Will try the 1.8b5 bios and the one Dimm method..

charismo

• SERGEANT
« Reply #66 on: 13-January-11, 05:44:20 »

Phreaky, one piece of advice (sorry it is a bit off topic here) - don't change your BCLK. There are numerous reports out there that this is killing CPUs prematurely. You don't need to change it to get a good OC anyway.

Hopefully once we get a working bios with PLL overvolt fix, we will be able to hit some decent OCs by just using the multiplier.

Jack

• Ex Forum moderator
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
« Reply #67 on: 13-January-11, 05:47:24 »

I would be willing to do this providing I could get the BIOS versions, it would indeed be very helpful to MSI to isolate where the bug was introduced.
same here
I'd like to test the different betas as well.

As I said, unfortunately, I could not get a hold of all these BETA Releases.  The only one I have here is v1.5b5 which probably won't help much.

charismo

• SERGEANT
« Reply #68 on: 13-January-11, 05:54:49 »

Jack, post that one up, it's a starting point.

Phreaky-

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #69 on: 13-January-11, 06:34:37 »

Thank you Charismo i did not know that :S I don't even want to overclock the CPU but because i got the wrong numbers i thought maybe i should change that number. Now i know it's a bad idea.

I fixed the 20Ghz, 2133Mhz problem. I did a clear CMOS reset and the BIOS shows me the correct numbers now :)

All other problems still exist even after that 1.8b5 so the best option for me now is 1.4.

UPDATE
Ok now I am really getting annoyed. I went back to BIOS 1.4 did CLEAR CMOS, numbers were correct after a reboot I have incorrect CPU / Memory numbers again. Maybe empty battery?

UPDATE 2
Changed  the battery, that had no effect at all :( Time for a break for me..

BillyPT

• CORPORAL
« Reply #70 on: 13-January-11, 08:35:03 »

There has not been a single-step update from v1.4 to v1.5.  Several BETA-Releases have been in between that are all based on each other (v1.4(0) [Final Release] -> v1.5b1 -> v1.5b2 -> v1.5b3 -> v1.5b4 -> v1.5b5 -> v1.5b6 -> v1.5b7 -> v1.5(0) [Final Release]).

Each BETA Release contains quite a few different fixes.  Of course it would be interesting to find out since which of the 7 BETA Releases the problems mentioned here actually start occuring to be able to narrow down which modification on the way to the v1.5(0) Final release could be responsible for the situation.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any of the v1.5bx BETA Releases and cannot provide any of them to those of you that are willing to do some further tests.

I never user the 1.5 verison, and have the same problem!!! :(

Jack

• Ex Forum moderator
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
« Reply #71 on: 13-January-11, 08:41:13 »

Please let's not mix up symptoms in here! The issue this thread is about is this one:

when save and exit dont save reset to default
After save & exit the screen remains lock and the only way to restart the computer is execute an reset. After this there isn't noting change...
Impossible to save the bios from 1.5 version of firmware.
I canot save the BIOS with 1.5, 1.6 and 1.74
I get the save issue in both 1.6 and 1.7b4 - the mouse freezes and the computer just sits there until hard reset.
Bios 1.4 works just fine, but anything newer and I get a freeze on save.

Let's keep this thread about this issue for the sake of clarity.  All other issues not directly related to this problem should be kept out of here. Thank you.

BillyPT

• CORPORAL
« Reply #72 on: 13-January-11, 09:03:44 »

Please let's not mix up symptoms in here! The issue this thread is about is this one:

Let's keep this thread about this issue for the sake of clarity.  All other issues not directly related to this problem should be kept out of here. Thank you.

Yes i have this and the 20G bug :(

Jack

• Ex Forum moderator
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
« Reply #73 on: 13-January-11, 09:08:47 »

Yes, but you said that the "save" issue does not exist with version 1.4:

only save whoth version 1.4 and, but the bug of 20G always keeps!!

And that is what I mean: let's not make this thread more confusing.

BillyPT

• CORPORAL
« Reply #74 on: 13-January-11, 09:49:22 »

Yes, but you said that the "save" issue does not exist with version 1.4:

And that is what I mean: let's not make this thread more confusing.

Ok, i understand the 20g bug isn´t on this thread!!!

Phreaky-

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #75 on: 13-January-11, 11:53:40 »

Why not Jack?

Just like BillyPT I have the save issues (like everyone else) and the numbers mixed up maybe they're somewhat related but ok let's concentrate on the save issues. That's more important.

Styxy

• CORPORAL
« Reply #76 on: 13-January-11, 12:40:13 »

Same issue freezes on saving and exiting (pressing yes) and not saving anything. Hope this gets sorted soon or I think I'll be returning it.

Hell

• CORPORAL
« Reply #77 on: 14-January-11, 02:20:00 »

Just to say, I work with a technician of the MSI french support.

We tried yesterday to flash a new BIOS (1.86) and a new firmware but doesn't work.

All, can you give me CPU/RAM/HDD/GPU/ALIM and the serial number of your mobal by private message. You can find the serial number on the box.

It will help them to find the solution.

Styxy

• CORPORAL
« Reply #78 on: 14-January-11, 03:37:15 »

Just to say, I work with a technician of the MSI french support.

We tried yesterday to flash a new BIOS (1.86) and a new firmware but doesn't work.

All, can you give me CPU/RAM/HDD/GPU/ALIM and the serial number of your mobal by private message. You can find the serial number on the box.

It will help them to find the solution.

Sorry but with the rebate I am not giving this kind of information away to someone with 5 posts and no identifiable MSI credentials.

charismo

• SERGEANT
« Reply #79 on: 14-January-11, 03:56:23 »

Also what is ALIM?

I'm at work so can't get my serial number just now. Will send later (I also don't have any rebate so I don't care).

Hell

• CORPORAL
« Reply #80 on: 14-January-11, 03:58:40 »

Sorry but with the rebate I am not giving this kind of information away to someone with 5 posts and no identifiable MSI credentials.
I understand, it's normal ^^.

It doesn't matter, so just have to wait in the hope they finding the solution.

I will post the solution if we found.

Also what is ALIM?

I'm at work so can't get my serial number just now. Will send later (I also don't have any rebate so I don't care).

Sorry , ALIM  is in french, it's the PSU

klaasvaag

• SERGEANT
  • Just a Dude
« Reply #81 on: 14-January-11, 04:43:04 »

Okay,

because a bios upgrade is out of the question (any higher than my current 1.4) i decided to see if my PC is stable on this 1.4

Sadly, this is not the case. I had a blue screen all ready and Prime95 confirms this. Torture test (blend, all workers active) after 1.5 hours crashes the pc.
Blue screen notification suspects hardware issues.

i downloaded memtest Memtest86_3.5a and this crashes directly when you try to use it (boot from the cd, you can see a brief screen of memtest after you choose the option (1,2 or 3)).

i can live with a bios version that is somewhat older (i know it will get fixed that we can update it). But that my machine isn't stable at just setup defaults (no oc, will wait for that when i have a good firmware) settings at 1.4 is a little bit frustrating.

Using Corsair Vengeance 8 GB 1600 mhz cl8 sticks.
P67A-GD65, i7 2600K
CORSAIR TX-750
XFX 6950 HD
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB

Jack

• Ex Forum moderator
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
« Reply #82 on: 14-January-11, 04:48:23 »

You need a newer version of memtest86+ that supports P67 Platforms: http://forum.canardpc.com/showpost.php?p=3837739&postcount=1

However, troubleshooting stability issues on individual system should really not become part of this thread.  You are welcome to start your own topic in the  Intel Core-iX.

klaasvaag

• SERGEANT
  • Just a Dude
« Reply #83 on: 14-January-11, 05:04:21 »

Thanks Jack, will do.  :biggthumbsup:
P67A-GD65, i7 2600K
CORSAIR TX-750
XFX 6950 HD
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB

Styxy

• CORPORAL
« Reply #84 on: 14-January-11, 09:21:16 »

Got excited when I saw a 1.7 bios with todays date as the upload date. Sadly the excitement was soon gone when the thing froze after save and exit'ing. Gonna write a note to where I bought mine now I think. MSI support is slow and don't really tell you what is currently happening. For all I know no one is working on this. Seems to be only some boards so will probably need to return it anyway so may aswell return now for a full refund and buy a brand that maybe doesn't have a stable bios, but atleast they can save.

Hell

• CORPORAL
« Reply #85 on: 14-January-11, 09:25:09 »

Can you try this BIOS and say me if it's works ?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EQKADBBD

You have to install this BIOS on a bootable key. Be careful, It will flash you're firmware !

So do not turn off you're computer during the flash until you see back the C:

Wait around 10 minutes during the flash.

For my case, it doesn't work, I will try to clear the CMOS on my card.

But for many users, it seems working.

Styxy

• CORPORAL
« Reply #86 on: 14-January-11, 09:30:07 »

As I said before I am not following help from someone with a low post count and no MSI affiliation. If this is a possible fix they should be telling me through MSI support.

Hell

• CORPORAL
« Reply #87 on: 14-January-11, 09:39:48 »

It's up to you.

We have a french support MSi on the web community www.hardware.fr on this topic

http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/Hardware/carte-mere/unique-cartes-bridge-sujet_878060_87.htm

If you understand the french, maybe you will find many informations. I've got this link from this web community.

After, I saw the problem is worlwide, I try to share informations from the differents community.

Styxy

• CORPORAL
« Reply #88 on: 14-January-11, 09:43:21 »

Ok well I have sent off a returns form with the company I bought from so I gave your bios a try and it still doesn't save. I'll read your french post with chrome to translate it. I just find it weird that a lot of people have no problems so I think it is a defect on some boards.
I can't do the bat file thing because I am on 64bit OS. Will make the pendrive using laptop and try it again. Used MSI HQ usb thing before with just the bios file.

Hell

• CORPORAL
« Reply #89 on: 14-January-11, 09:55:32 »

Yes, in France, we are 4 for the moment to have this problem.

This topic talk about anything about the mobal, not just about the save problem

Styxy

• CORPORAL
« Reply #90 on: 14-January-11, 09:56:51 »

Does Brice speak english? I am not sure what I am meant to be doing to also install the Firmware ASWELL AS the bios. Does the firmware install from OS or does that also install from booted USB drive.
Because I cannot run the bat, or the Firmware exe on windows 64bit. And I don't want to run the bat on a 32bit laptop if it is gonna install the new firmware from the OS and break the laptop.

Hell

• CORPORAL
« Reply #91 on: 14-January-11, 10:04:54 »

Yes, I think Brice speak english.

The Bat is automatically execute during the flash.

You just have to put all files on usb key bootable, after re-boot. On the DOS screen tape ''7681v186" and wait until you see back C: don't turn off before.

A second person try it, but it seems doesn't work.

Brice say us, it's works in some country ???

Styxy

• CORPORAL
« Reply #92 on: 14-January-11, 10:09:23 »

Well I tried that and some blue writing just kept typing on screen super fast and just kept spamming it :/

klaasvaag

• SERGEANT
  • Just a Dude
« Reply #93 on: 14-January-11, 10:32:15 »

hmmm isn't this all being caused by not supported memory (in my case corsair vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600c8) for this board?

P67A-GD65, i7 2600K
CORSAIR TX-750
XFX 6950 HD
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB

Styxy

• CORPORAL
« Reply #94 on: 14-January-11, 10:40:30 »

No.
How do you make a usb bootable. I used MSI HQ way to do it before but I am sure that is messing with the files in the BIOS zips?

Phreaky-

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #95 on: 14-January-11, 11:20:21 »

New development I solved one of my problems:

When I boot my PC i get several beeps and in the right-bottom corner I get the number 98 and then it changes to B4 and my pc hangs for a few minutes after that it boots fine. Anyone an idea why it does that?

I found out that POST error 98 does reset my mouse. So I changed my mouse and the problem is gone :) Now my system boots up normal. The problem occurs with a Steelseries XAI Laser Mouse. I will contact Steelseries about this. I replaced it with a  mouse from Logitech.

About the BIOS not saving, I contacted MSI Tech support and got a reply that they are looking into the problem and will come up with a fix but please be patient.

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #96 on: 14-January-11, 13:00:30 »

No.
How do you make a usb bootable. I used MSI HQ way to do it before but I am sure that is messing with the files in the BIOS zips?

This 3th party image is not compatible with the Tool.

Adjusted and compatible version with the Tool:
https://forum-en.msi.com/moderator/pics/186_ME1164_MSIHQ_Tool.rar
Will also flash to 186 + ME at once

BIOS Info: V1.8B6 , 01/13/2011
For:
-> P67A-GD65
-> P67A-GD55
-> P67A-GD53

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #97 on: 14-January-11, 13:20:30 »

This 3th party image is not compatible with the Tool.

Adjusted and compatible version with the Tool:
https://forum-en.msi.com/moderator/pics/186_ME1164_MSIHQ_Tool.rar
Will also flash to 186 + ME at once

BIOS Info: V1.8B6 , 01/13/2011
For:
-> P67A-GD65
-> P67A-GD55
-> P67A-GD53

Forgot to mention that this image version mention above is for >>MSI HQ Forum USB flasher<< only.
/* It will not works for anything else */

Styxy

• CORPORAL
« Reply #98 on: 14-January-11, 13:47:14 »

Well I don't really have a clue what you just said. The USB I have been using for MSI HQ USB Flashing tool, for some reason no longer boots just skips through to windows. Tried doing the reformat thing in the tool twice again but no luck no longer boots. My other penstick just says no boot partition in table. I just did the "Fix my USB key..." and then afterwards did "Point to MSI BIOS Archive" and selected the one you linked above. Tried booting and it just skipped through to windows HP tool makes no difference, and yes USB is selected as first boot option in bios. But obviously I can't disable everything else as saving in BIOS just crashes.

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #99 on: 14-January-11, 13:52:26 »

Since when you no longer can boot from the usb stick?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up