Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: msi p67a gd65 bios 1.6 dont save  (Read 226372 times)

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
Re: msi p67a gd65 bios 1.6 dont save
« Reply #250 on: 24-January-11, 14:14:01 »

Will do but I believe it's the same one others have tried.  I'll still do it (as should anyone else that's instructed) so I can give them my feedback.  We need to keep up the info stream to MSI support so they can get this worked out.  Don't get frustrated and give up, I'm quite sure this issue can be fixed via an update.  Here's the exact instructions from MSI, in case anyone is curious:

Dear Customer, Please try each stick of memory individually in dimm slot 1 also check your e-mail for the 1.87 bios file please use the same tools that you used when updated to the 1.70 bios and be sure to clear out the CMOS right after the bios has been updated. Thank you.
P67A-GD65(B3), i5-2500K (Bios 1.80)
8GB Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R
CORSAIR AX-850
XFX 6870 HD Black Edition
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
1TB WD Caviar Black SATA II HD
640GB  WD Caviar Black SATA II HD
Sony Optiarc CD/DVD 24x SATA
Creative X-Fi Fatality (PCI) Sound
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

uchulele

• CORPORAL
« Reply #251 on: 24-January-11, 15:01:07 »

Will do but I believe it's the same one others have tried.  I'll still do it (as should anyone else that's instructed) so I can give them my feedback.  We need to keep up the info stream to MSI support so they can get this worked out.  Don't get frustrated and give up, I'm quite sure this issue can be fixed via an update.  Here's the exact instructions from MSI, in case anyone is curious:

Dear Customer, Please try each stick of memory individually in dimm slot 1 also check your e-mail for the 1.87 bios file please use the same tools that you used when updated to the 1.70 bios and be sure to clear out the CMOS right after the bios has been updated. Thank you.
Good to know! I also contacted MSI support, waiting 4 response atm.
CPU: i5 2500K (Gelid Tranquillo cooled)
MB: MSI P67A-GD65 (Bios ver. 1.4)
RAM: Kingston 2x2GB (DDR1600@CL8)
HDD: 250 GB Maxtor, 1TB Samsung
GPU: Gainward 4850 GS
Audio: x-Fi eXtreme Music
Inputs: Logitech G9x, Logitech Illuminated

brattakTopic starter

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #252 on: 24-January-11, 16:07:39 »

please upload the bios 187

thanks

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #253 on: 24-January-11, 16:48:15 »

Done, here you go: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GHU3R3JD (Mods, I assume this is OK to do...if not, please remove).
EDIT:  No luck with it fixing the problem but here's the info I submitted back to MSI:
I've updated my bios using the MSIHQ USB Boot Tool.  After a successful flash, I powered off the PC and removed the power cord.  After waiting one minute, I cleared the CMOS.  I waited another minute then powered the PC back on.  I entered the bios, confirmed the bios version is now 1.8B7.  I loaded the optimized defaults then selected save and exit.  My system then froze again and would not respond without a reset.  I've confirmed my bios info also with the MSIHQ tool:

Mainboard:  P67A-GD65 (MS-7681)
PCB Version:  2.0
BIOS Version: V1.8B7
BIOS Date:  1/14/2011
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #254 on: 24-January-11, 19:11:40 »

Done, here you go: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GHU3R3JD (Mods, I assume this is OK to do...if not, please remove).
EDIT:  No luck with it fixing the problem but here's the info I submitted back to MSI:
I've updated my bios using the MSIHQ USB Boot Tool.  After a successful flash, I powered off the PC and removed the power cord.  After waiting one minute, I cleared the CMOS.  I waited another minute then powered the PC back on.  I entered the bios, confirmed the bios version is now 1.8B7.  I loaded the optimized defaults then selected save and exit.  My system then froze again and would not respond without a reset.  I've confirmed my bios info also with the MSIHQ tool:

Can you test each one of your memory sticks individually?
Just rerun the MSIHQ Tool and let him to prepare your stick again[make sure that you're connected to the internet],
then reboot and boot from the USB key,
and choose Run Memtest86+
[ver.4.20] is just released which support Intel Sandy Bridge,
Tool will auto install it

Version Updated to 1.19e4:

Changes:

* Update while flashing logo with new improved one
* Update self drawing image art, moved 44% to center [+ regular ver. update per each version]
* Color coding for detected and saved BIOS with original name increased from 3 to 6,
 to make difference and to be more visible for eye:
 AMI/EFI, marketing number, chipset: Intel/AMD/Nvidia/VIA/SiS , retail model or not, Beta version or official.
/* Appear only for AMI and EFI based boards */
* Add own color for validated security result ID
* Update BK_IO2.ASM {
   - Add time halter for custom directives, to halt execution and count down for 10 seconds before resume,
   to prevent Rocket flashing, like: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=144916.0

Hey just now i tried flashing my vbios on my gx640 using the MSI forum tool.

It completed without any errors and all that and it did say it was successful but it completed so fast i almost cant believe it.

Apply to:  Notebooks flashing: [AMD's VBIOS, BIOS, EC-FW, BIOS & EC-FW at one], All-in-One PC and others customs
   - Add and replace with the same time halter for predefined directives to replace stop execution and waiting for input.
}

Self Update activated.
Version Updated to 1.19e5:

Changes:

* Fine tune some of recently added features
 * Memtest86+ synchronization update in advance to version 4.20 [N/A yet],
 Tool will auto install[when internet connection is available],
  latest Memtest86+ version 4.20 [N/A yet] when its released.[expected to be released very soon]
 4.20 will support Intel Sandy Bridge and AMD Fusion

Self Update activated.

Memtest86+ v4.20 has been just released.
==> http://www.memtest.org/#change
Changes:
    *** Enhancements in v4.20 : ***

* New Features
              o Added failsafe mode (press F1 at startup)
              o Added support for Intel "Sandy Bridge" CPU
              o Added support for AMD "fusion" CPU
              o Added Coreboot "table forward" support
        * Bug Fixes
              o Corrected some memory brands not detected properly
              o Various bug fixes

MSIHQ Tool 1.19e5 [released yesterday] has been successfully automatically synchronized  with new Memtest86+ v4.20[released today]
Everything is functional properly as expected,
MSIHQ Tool update is not required.

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #255 on: 24-January-11, 19:23:59 »

I noticed the tool updated when I added the newer firmware a few hours ago.  Memtest didn't work this weekend when I tried to run it so I figured I'd try it again and see if that's what the update was for (and it was, nice work!).  I only had 1 stick in at the time of the flash and memtest found no errors with it.  I did the flash, the CMOS clear, and the bios save using only one stick (the stick I tested with memtest).  I left this out of my log, but you can see, I'm using the newest version:

MSIHQ: Information detected by MSIHQ Tool ver: 1.19e5
MSIHQ: Report generated in Fri 01/14/2011 at  0:08:50.05 (ignore this date/time stamp, I can't fix my time with the bios save bug)
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #256 on: 24-January-11, 19:29:05 »

Yep, everything looks fine.

More ideas:
Maybe you can test with your second stick alone then?
[not to flash bios again, but to see if the saving issue will persist when you use the second one instead]
To see if its gonna save issue still persist.
Also try to remove un necessary things that's no need to boot like:
"Creative X-Fi Fatality (PCI) Sound"
and see if that would makes any difference to the "save issue",
e.g. try boot the machine with barebone config

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #257 on: 24-January-11, 22:03:56 »

OK, I powered down, pulled my sound card, pulled my 2nd hard drive, and optical drive.  Swapped my other stick of RAM into slot 1, ran memtest, no errors.  Booted in UEFI, tried to save and exit but got the lock up.  Maybe we need to start looking at what items we have that are similar to each other with the issue (we can probably rule out things like hard drives and sound cards, etc, as the issue still occurs with them unplugged).  The only two pieces I have that I could think of causing a problem would be my video card, which is an XFX AMD HD 6870 Black Edition and my RAM, which is Corsair model # CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 (note, this model is not on the memory capability list).  The only other thing I can think of, and this is really grasping at straws, is the batch number of my CPU.  My batch number is L041B800.
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

PaulWendt

• CORPORAL
« Reply #258 on: 24-January-11, 22:46:43 »

I tried one memory stick at a time as well.  I have not run memtest on the sticks, but I get the same error when only one is plugged in [I plugged each in, one at a time, into the primary slot only].  I did not try moving to different memory slots, however.

I notice that Bruticis [CMX4GX3M2A1600C9], klaasvaag[CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8], and I [CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9] all have Corsair memory.  klaasvaag and I seem to have the same power supply as well.

I do not have any other DDR3 memory to try [nor a power supply].  Thanks for 1.87 [they didn't give me a reply to download anything], but I do not remain hopeful. 

Do either you two [Bruticis or klaasvaag] have other memory you could try?  The memory itself might be good according to memtest, but just not supported by the board; it's also possible that they made a recent change that's not fully compatible with the memory.  If we can narrow it down to the memory, though, that'd be great progress in the right direction.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
P67A-GD65, i7 2600K Sandy Bridge
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
MSI R6970-2PM2D2GD5 Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD3-2VTX120G 3.5" 120GB SATA II
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s
LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner - Bulk SATA WH10LS30

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #259 on: 24-January-11, 23:35:39 »

My mouse (Mionix 5000) doesn't work correctly in the UEFI so I'm only using the keyboard.

EDIT: MSI support just asked me to flash with the 1.8 firmware.  Can I just update add the E7681IMS.187 to my USB patch stick.  Or do I need to rerun the tool just to be safe?

Can I just update add the E7681IMS.187 to my USB patch stick.

If you place/add it to the USB key, nothing will happends. [Will be ignored and Tool will continue to flash his own prepared stuffs]
If you try to replace prepared by Tool's image located over the USB key,
[which can apply any name, depend of scenario, e.g. you must guess the name 1st]
One original name will be found, that's the old BIOS detected and stored with original name,
ready for M-Flash recovery.
Or original BIOS image may also apply to planned bios update,
if was used custom directives [like flashing 1.70+ME, or 1.86+ME],
in that case's its following priority execution, which takes ownership over predefined directives.
If BIOS only was updated, the BIOS image will be named BIOS.BIN.

If you try to replace/switch/overwrite BIOS.BIN with your new E7681IMS.187,
or guessed BIOS file name with your new E7681IMS.187.

Tool will detect that as un-authorized modification has been done,
which will cause security issue and will refuse to flash it.
E.g. target firmware will become no longer authentic and process will be aborted.
Tool will detect that intended/planned image to flash,
is no longer the same or has been modified.
[Possible reasons: Corrupted, Damaged image, Damaged USB key, File system on the USB key is corrupted,
Error while transferring to the USB key[not correctly written].

And Tool will abort BIOS update,
its part of Tool's protection mechanism,
to ensure that you gonna flash exactly what you want to flash [not something else, and definitely not damaged or corrupted stuffs]

So this cheating will not fool the Tool :)

Or do I need to rerun the tool just to be safe?

Yes, re-run the Tool to re-detect his stuffs :)

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #260 on: 25-January-11, 00:53:39 »

batch number of my CPU. My batch number is L041B800.
Batch L042B215 here.

The only two pieces I have that I could think of causing a problem would be my video card, which is an XFX AMD HD 6870 Black Edition and my RAM
Don't forget mouse & keyboard. Razar mouse has also shown up in another thread. I have tested with Crucial 1333's, Corsair's rated 1866's, 2000's, & 2400's in configurations of 2GB, 4GB, & 8GB total, all with '0' problems. All set to 1333 9 9 9 24 @ 1.507V's set in BIOS (1 stick for initial startup). Once known to be stable & good at standard JEDEC, then the OC'ing of them begins. I don't have any 1600's to test with, & I noticed all the ones listed in PaulWendt's thread were 1600's. Coincidence that problems are with Corsair 1600's being used? Don't know. :undecided:
The Last Hoorah! I Had Retired From All This! Can't Believe I'm Really Doing A Platform Test One More Time!  :shocked:

Z97 Gaming 7, 4790k, Zalman CNPS9900Max-R, Corsair AX-850, Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800's, WD 600 SATA III V.Raptor, Lite-On iHAS 424, GTX 680's In SLI, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit    

Life Can Be Very Fulfilling Without Win 8/8.1, SSD's (Exception: Testing PCI-E M.2), RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

IXOYE

PaulWendt

• CORPORAL
« Reply #261 on: 25-January-11, 01:24:39 »

Thanks a lot for trying to help.  I have the original G15 Logitech USB keyboard and a Logitech G7 mouse.  However, one step I did go through was to unplug both and try with solely a USB keyboard lying around.  Needless to say, the problem still occurred. 

Would it be beneficial to try the memory NOT in slot #1 [the one closest to the CPU]?  When I tried each of my sticks individually, I placed them there....
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #262 on: 25-January-11, 01:25:52 »

Would it be beneficial to try the memory NOT in slot #1
Nope. Won't boot.

Edit: It's worth a try.

Edit by request of poster.

Henry
The Last Hoorah! I Had Retired From All This! Can't Believe I'm Really Doing A Platform Test One More Time!  :shocked:

Z97 Gaming 7, 4790k, Zalman CNPS9900Max-R, Corsair AX-850, Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800's, WD 600 SATA III V.Raptor, Lite-On iHAS 424, GTX 680's In SLI, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit    

Life Can Be Very Fulfilling Without Win 8/8.1, SSD's (Exception: Testing PCI-E M.2), RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

IXOYE

klaasvaag

• SERGEANT
  • Just a Dude
    • SWAMCREW gaming community
« Reply #263 on: 25-January-11, 02:18:58 »

Do either you two [Bruticis or klaasvaag] have other memory you could try?

Hi PaulWendt,

i expect to receive my RMA-ed board (new one) today or tomorrow. I also RMA-ed my Corsair memory as there is one stick broken (memtest 4.2 revealed errors one one stick after 3 hours, other one has been good after 17 hours).
The memory i all ready have received back. To make sure i also have borrowed a 1333 set (2x4 GB) form a friend which i will use to test also.

The test will be this week. i'll keep you all posted.

greetz,
Sander
P67A-GD65, i7 2600K
Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8
CORSAIR TX-750
XFX 6950 HD
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB

Jack

• Ex Forum moderator
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    • A user initiative by MSI fanatics to support all other MSI product users
« Reply #264 on: 25-January-11, 04:21:38 »

I have uploaded the v1.8b7 BETA Release here in the forum.  You can find it here:

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=144655.msg1080230#msg1080230

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #265 on: 25-January-11, 07:13:56 »

Does anyone that has the save bug have memory that's on the list of tested RAM for this motherboard, located here: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P67A-GD65.html#/?div=TestReport
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

uchulele

• CORPORAL
« Reply #266 on: 25-January-11, 07:30:00 »

Does anyone that has the save bug have memory that's on the list of tested RAM for this motherboard, located here: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P67A-GD65.html#/?div=TestReport

I do (KHX1600C8D3K2/4GX) but no luck with 1.8b7 bios either.
CPU: i5 2500K (Gelid Tranquillo cooled)
MB: MSI P67A-GD65 (Bios ver. 1.4)
RAM: Kingston 2x2GB (DDR1600@CL8)
HDD: 250 GB Maxtor, 1TB Samsung
GPU: Gainward 4850 GS
Audio: x-Fi eXtreme Music
Inputs: Logitech G9x, Logitech Illuminated

DerBert

• SERGEANT
« Reply #267 on: 25-January-11, 07:50:23 »

Me too - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB (F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL)
P67A-GD65 - i5-2500K - 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 1.5V - Seasonic X-460 (+12V 38A) - Gigabyte 5850 - Intel X25-M G2

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #268 on: 25-January-11, 08:28:18 »

I'm going to borrow a stick of RAM from my work Dell, it's a Samsung 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz (PC3-10600).  Part number is M378B5673FH0-CH9 (this model is on MSI list).  I'll update the post when I get home with the results.
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

kuziu

• SERGEANT
« Reply #269 on: 25-January-11, 15:38:18 »

bios 1.8b7 has some defect in overclocking the CPU overclocked to 5GHz stable previously worked with 1.48V bios, and now the Linx 0.6.4 crash course bugs me about the new beta bios 1.8b7, the system is stable and will not go 100% for stability tests: /
Intel Core i7 3770k
MSI Z77 MPower
Corsair H100i
G.Skill 8GB Sniper 2133MHz CL9
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
Samsung F3 1TB HD103SJ
Creative SB Z
XFX PRO750W Core Edition

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #270 on: 25-January-11, 15:47:49 »

bios 1.8b7 has some defect in overclocking the CPU overclocked to 5GHz stable previously worked with 1.48V bios, and now the Linx 0.6.4 crash course bugs me about the new beta bios 1.8b7, the system is stable and will not go 100% for stability tests: /
That's probably best for it's own thread and a ticket with MSI so they can get that fixed.
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

narciso

• SERGEANT
« Reply #271 on: 25-January-11, 16:10:50 »

Which bios were you using when you had your cpu stable at 5ghz?

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #272 on: 25-January-11, 16:58:11 »

So I just installed a 2GB stick from work in my system (SAMSUNG M378B5673FH0-CH9, this model is on the list on the website as tested working).  I cleared the CMOS, went into UEFI, load defaults, save/reset, same problem.  I don't think this is a RAM issue.
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #273 on: 25-January-11, 17:49:28 »

giako

Re: I5 2400 / TeamXtreem 2x2gb 1600 /MSI P67-GD65 problems ....
« Reply #18 on: 25 January 11, 00:43:28 » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

same error  with the same conf. CPU ram motherboard and psu

try to disable the c-state under oc profile-> processor menu

now my PC run for 7 hour with no freeze

Could this be the magic temporary cure? It's worth a try. OP had system freezes, starts at Reply #16, https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=144963.0  

IXOYE

kuziu

• SERGEANT
« Reply #274 on: 25-January-11, 18:18:04 »

Which bios were you using when you had your cpu stable at 5ghz?

everything was good to 1.7b4 and 1.8b6 BIOSes they were OK bios'es

I think that if MSI has eliminated the high voltage spikes, would have been better overclocking performance
Intel Core i7 3770k
MSI Z77 MPower
Corsair H100i
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
Samsung F3 1TB HD103SJ
Creative SB Z
XFX PRO750W Core Edition

bullus

• SERGEANT
« Reply #275 on: 25-January-11, 18:38:41 »

Since I flash it with 1.8b7 ,I also have the save problem, with previous biosses I didn't had the problem. Only bios v1.4 is working now to save the settings in bios.

Running fine before with 1.8b6 >5Ghz...How to revert back so I can use 1.8b6 again?

H2O i7 2600K
H2O cfx 6950
MSI P67A-GD65 bios 1.8b6
4gb Corsair Dominator GT 1866 8-9-8-24-1T
Coolermaster M1000
W7 Enterprise SP1 64bit

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #276 on: 25-January-11, 18:45:21 »

Since I flash it with 1.8b7 ,I also have the save problem, with previous biosses I didn't had the problem. Only bios v1.4 is working now to save the settings in bios.

Running fine before with 1.8b6 >5Ghz...How to revert back so I can use 1.8b6 again?

PLEASE!! open a ticket with MSI support as well.  They need to know about all these cases!
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

bullus

• SERGEANT
« Reply #277 on: 25-January-11, 18:47:38 »

PLEASE!! open a ticket with MSI support as well.  They need to know about all these cases!

I already did today ;)
H2O i7 2600K
H2O cfx 6950
MSI P67A-GD65 bios 1.8b6
Coolermaster M1000
W7 Enterprise SP1 64bit

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #278 on: 25-January-11, 18:56:25 »

Could this be the magic temporary cure? It's worth a try. OP had system freezes, starts at Reply #16, https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=144963.0  

It was worth a shot but no luck for me.  I found it under OC -> CPU Features -> Intel C-State (enabled by default, I disabled).  Tried to save/reset but I got the lock up.

I already did today ;)
Great!  Every ticket we give them will help them out. 
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

PaulWendt

• CORPORAL
« Reply #279 on: 25-January-11, 19:12:05 »

So I just installed a 2GB stick from work in my system (SAMSUNG M378B5673FH0-CH9, this model is on the list on the website as tested working).  I cleared the CMOS, went into UEFI, load defaults, save/reset, same problem.  I don't think this is a RAM issue.

Thanks for the time spent troubleshooting.  I don't know what it could be.  I wonder if there was some option in-between 1.4 and now that they changed the default of, meaning the problem might occur with 1.4 if the "proper" option were set.

Their support gave me one initial canned response and has been silent ever since.  I've responded to them multiple times and they've given no response.  I don't know if they've got any ideas or not, but I did refer them to this thread, but since they never bothered to reply, I have no idea if they even got the message.
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W

dupcengier26

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #280 on: 25-January-11, 19:13:41 »

Hello,please give a link to the latest beta bios and the m-flash utility .

Aaron

• GENERAL
  • BOOST!
« Reply #281 on: 25-January-11, 19:33:28 »

Hello,please give a link to the latest beta bios and the m-flash utility .

Do not use M-flash.  It's deadly.

I think you need a certain number of posts before you can see file attachments?
Refrain from having to solve most of your problems by not creating them in the first place.

DDR3 Memory Standards: Blurry Lines
Integrated Memory Controllers (IMC)
Intel EIST and Processor C-states
Overclock Database 2.0

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #282 on: 25-January-11, 19:49:31 »

Well it looks like MSI support is out of ideas for my particular case.  I just got this response from support:
Dear Customer, Seems at this point to be board issue and it will need to be either exchanged by the reseller or sent in under an RMA. If you wish to send it in then you can go out to the link below and request an RMA number. Or just contact your reseller for an exchange. Thank you, http://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/rmaform_p.aspx

I guess I'll return the board to newegg but I'm really on the fence about getting another one in replacement.  I love MSI's products and support and I know all the manufacturers are having problems with this new socket board.  It just seems like the user base is smaller for this MSI board then say the ASUS P8P67 line.  It's a bit easier to work out a solution to a problem when more people have the board.  I know MSI will get this issue fixed, I just don't know if I have I can endure while it's resolved.  What to do, what to do...

EDIT:  I just noticed newegg deactivated this product (it's out of stock but they dont deactivate something that out of stock typically).  The customer comments on the board aren't too pretty either.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130553&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Motherboards+-+Intel-_-MSI-_-13130553
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

kuziu

• SERGEANT
« Reply #283 on: 25-January-11, 19:58:54 »

Ok guys, I sent a message to the bracket msi, now I'm waiting for a response
Intel Core i7 3770k
MSI Z77 MPower
Corsair H100i
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
Samsung F3 1TB HD103SJ
Creative SB Z
XFX PRO750W Core Edition

Henry

« Reply #284 on: 25-January-11, 20:15:39 »

If you need to flash BIOS:  >> Use the MSI HQ Forum USB flasher <<

PaulWendt

• CORPORAL
« Reply #285 on: 25-January-11, 20:43:29 »

I think I'll take a page from some other people and order an ASUS board to replace this one.  Another thing I noticed is that attempting to disable "Spread Spectrum" will actually cause the BIOS program to lockup, too.  Their support is a joke.  I read the comments on newegg and one support rep is asking for direct e-mails.  I'll give it one more go, but if they give me more canned responses, back it goes.  Too bad my video card was MSI brand, too.  I've never had an issue with ASUS before; I don't know why I switched this time around.  Lesson learned.
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #286 on: 25-January-11, 20:49:08 »

I think I'll take a page from some other people and order an ASUS board to replace this one.  Another thing I noticed is that attempting to disable "Spread Spectrum" will actually cause the BIOS program to lockup, too.  Their support is a joke.  I read the comments on newegg and one support rep is asking for direct e-mails.  I'll give it one more go, but if they give me more canned responses, back it goes.  Too bad my video card was MSI brand, too.  I've never had an issue with ASUS before; I don't know why I switched this time around.  Lesson learned.

It's not all milk and honey in Asus land either, they are having lots of little problems as well (check the forums, like I did).  However, like I said, there's a larger user base with the Asus P67 boards right now though.
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

herener

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #287 on: 25-January-11, 23:30:27 »

Same problem here.  Board came with 1.5, m-flashed to 1.7, would lock on save.  M-flashed back to 1.4 then save worked but IME wouldnt install.  Tried to give it a go again with 1.8b6 and the usb installer save lock issue came back.  Installed IME just fine with 1.8b6.  Just went to 1.8b7 haven't tried to save yet, not hopefull at this point though.  Will most likely revert to 1.4 until the save issue is resolved by MSI.
P67A-GD65 w/TPM chip
Intel Core i7-2600K
Gskill RipjawsX 4096MBx4 DDR3-1333 PC3-10666 CL9-9-9-24 1.5v
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 x2
Western Digital Cav Black 1TB

PaulWendt

• CORPORAL
« Reply #288 on: 26-January-11, 01:24:01 »

It's not all milk and honey in Asus land either, they are having lots of little problems as well (check the forums, like I did).  However, like I said, there's a larger user base with the Asus P67 boards right now though.

You are correct on both counts, of course.  Per usual, my emotions got the better of me.  If nothing else, I can say I'm not too impressed with MSI's support.  I don't know if ASUS' support is any better, truth be told.

I'm having the same issues as other people earlier on in the forum when attempting to update Intel's ME firmware:
Error 8193: Intel (R) ME Interface : Cannot locate ME device driver

I think that the hardware/software wasn't properly put into the boards to begin with [from some locations], which could explain why things would work fine for some people, but not others. 

Thanks to everyone for their time.
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W

klaasvaag

• SERGEANT
  • Just a Dude
« Reply #289 on: 26-January-11, 02:00:44 »

hmmm  RMA-ed my board and expect to recieve a new one today. Maybe i'd better asked for money back and purchased a different brand.

If this new board also gives me this sorrow i will be very , very mad.

But will continue to post here......
P67A-GD65, i7 2600K
CORSAIR TX-750
XFX 6950 HD
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB

charismo

• SERGEANT
« Reply #290 on: 26-January-11, 03:25:43 »

PaulWendt..

I am sure that a lot of MSI boards are fine. This board is just inexcusably bad due to these crippling bios issues.

I have gone with the Asus board. Maybe their support is as bad as MSI, but the point is I haven't needed to use it. The p8p67 pro does have some minor niggles but compared to this msi board, it is a dream (most things work). The cold boot issue is easily fixable. So far after following this thread I am just happy that I swapped, even though it took me a couple of hours to swap out the motherboard. Still better than waiting weeks or months for a fix from MSI

The worst thing about it right now is that MSI have not even officially said - yes, we recognise that this is a problem, we have seen multiple customers with it, our engineers are working on it. They are still sending messages like "please return your board for a replacement", or "please clear your CMOS". Somehow this is not getting past the front lines into the engineering division at MSI and this was the primary reason that made me just give up on this board.

Bugs are normal, every product has bugs. But some bugs are more critical than others. A no bios save bug basically means you have an unconfigurable BIOS, which, for a product like this, reduces it's value drastically. There should always be a certain amount of basic testing and validation that occurs before releasing a product and I feel that MSI have not done this properly this time around. Even for a new product. Think of it this way, if when Apple released the iphone and it didn't do half of what it said it could due to bugs, do you think people would accept that, just because it was a new product?

My advice is just drop this particular MSI board and pick up an ASUS or a Gigabyte board.

klaasvaag

• SERGEANT
  • Just a Dude
« Reply #291 on: 26-January-11, 03:49:10 »

PaulWendt..

I am sure that a lot of MSI boards are fine. This board is just inexcusably bad due to these crippling bios issues.

I have gone with the Asus board. Maybe their support is as bad as MSI, but the point is I haven't needed to use it. The p8p67 pro does have some minor niggles but compared to this msi board, it is a dream (most things work). The cold boot issue is easily fixable. So far after following this thread I am just happy that I swapped, even though it took me a couple of hours to swap out the motherboard. Still better than waiting weeks or months for a fix from MSI

The worst thing about it right now is that MSI have not even officially said - yes, we recognise that this is a problem, we have seen multiple customers with it, our engineers are working on it. They are still sending messages like "please return your board for a replacement", or "please clear your CMOS". Somehow this is not getting past the front lines into the engineering division at MSI and this was the primary reason that made me just give up on this board.

Bugs are normal, every product has bugs. But some bugs are more critical than others. A no bios save bug basically means you have an unconfigurable BIOS, which, for a product like this, reduces it's value drastically. There should always be a certain amount of basic testing and validation that occurs before releasing a product and I feel that MSI have not done this properly this time around. Even for a new product. Think of it this way, if when Apple released the iphone and it didn't do half of what it said it could due to bugs, do you think people would accept that, just because it was a new product?

My advice is just drop this particular MSI board and pick up an ASUS or a Gigabyte board.

well said, im stubborn though  X-(( will try my new board and see if it makes any difference. If it does then it's definately is something with the production of certain (small amount) of boards.
If this one is crap too im switching to Asus (always used Asus in the past..).

I experienced the same with MSI support stating that i had to RMA it (after 10 days of the initial support entry by me).
P67A-GD65, i7 2600K
CORSAIR TX-750
XFX 6950 HD
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #292 on: 26-January-11, 04:12:38 »

Some thoughts & observations. Today was the start of adding more system components from the barebones initial startup & tests. The first was a second RAM stick. It failed to boot into Windows & believe the reason to be BIOS sets the default (Auto) DRAM V. too low at 1.472V's. Once increased to 1.521V's, which nets 1.504V's in Windows, all was fine (Corsair RAM). Spread Spectrum is 'disabled', in CPU Features, Pwr Tech., all are set to 'disabled'. The rig has been humming along fine, saves just fine, & looking for a clue or common denominator is proving difficult, as this particular exemplar is not exhibiting problems. Management Engine has been suspect, C-States, as well as compatibility with some mouse models. For everyone's sake, I hope the MSI engineers figure it all out & soon. :-))   

IXOYE

bullus

• SERGEANT
« Reply #293 on: 26-January-11, 06:00:43 »

Got a reply from MSI Support Netherlands, what was very quick they response.

They ask me to run bios v1.4....That is indeed the only bios what is working with the SAVE bios.
I resend them this topic and did several biosses but every bios it just hangs with saving. Also the error code with IME.

I wonder if my board will be ok for future biosses, or I just need another board.

edit;

flash the bios to 1.4 and use m-flash to flash 1.8b6 ,but same hang issue. (before it went al fine when I got the mobo and use m-flash to flash the bios from 1.7b5 until 1.8b6)
After bios 1.8b7 it went wrong. :(
H2O i7 2600K
H2O cfx 6950
MSI P67A-GD65 bios 1.8b6
Coolermaster M1000
W7 Enterprise SP1 64bit

flopper

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #294 on: 26-January-11, 07:07:05 »

I use a gd55 board, had some issues with save the ram timings but with the latests beta bioses has worked for me currently running 1.86b.
I use Kingston hyper blu 1600mhz cl9 ram 4gb.
I use the raid control with 2xssd.
win 7 64bit.
razer deathadder mouse 3500dpi and steelseries keyboard 6gv2.

The board has some issues, the flash to get mei driver and needed to use a msi usb tool was not easy and I am somewhat a computer geek, I wouldnt expect my sister to do it ;)
I currently run 5ghz 24/7 on a 2500K
I noted that the voltage adjustment from bios 1.74 to 1.86b shifted a little from bios set to actual.
I assume as I had with my old Gigabyte x58 ud5 board a year or such before there is a bios that just works.
;)

However, my day to day uses just works with the board.
Happy with it for the price/performance ratio.

Ruudt

• Administrator
« Reply #295 on: 26-January-11, 08:34:04 »

Hi All,

Current bioses (regular and UEFI) for Intel platforms have a bios part and an Intel ME part.

Usually the ME part doesn't need updating, so AFUD*.EXE or M-Flash only updates the bios part.
Recently we received an updated ME file form Intel that can solve the "F10/Save & Exit" issue.

Bios v1.00 to v1.60 have ME version 1141
Bios v1.70 to ......  have ME version 1164

Attached bios is only for P67A-GD65 and P67A-GD55.

To update both parts you need to flash the bios part and ME part in DOS (preferably use a DOS bootable USB stick).
Attached bios package has two parts.
Part1 (bios flash tool, bios file)
AFUDE234 E7681IMS.186
Part2 (ME flash tool, parameters, ME file)
MEUP -ALLOWSV -F ME1164.BIN

An easier method is to execute the 7681v186.bat file in DOS.

The flashing of the ME part will show as dots and can take a while, please have patience till it finishes.

Can you let us know if this can solve the issue?

Grt Ruudt

DerBert

• SERGEANT
« Reply #296 on: 26-January-11, 08:47:38 »

Hello Ruudt!

Thank you for your help, but the package of Bios 1.8b6 + ME 1164 has already been posted by Svet on January 14th (page 3 of this thread). Unfortunately it didn't resolve the issue for anyone.
P67A-GD65 - i5-2500K - 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 1.5V - Seasonic X-460 (+12V 38A) - Gigabyte 5850 - Intel X25-M G2

PaulWendt

• CORPORAL
« Reply #297 on: 26-January-11, 09:04:43 »

Thank you for the response.  Following the queue from DerBert, I want to say that this also did not work for me.  Like some others in this thread, I just get:
Error 8193: Intel (R) ME Interface : Cannot locate ME device driver
Using -verbose with meup yields 20 "timeout" error messages.  I think my BIOS never had the Intel ME firmware installed into it to begin with, but who knows?

I gave this information to the normal support line and they said:
In this scenario, we would suggest you get in touch with your reseller/retailer(the place you bought this mainboard from) to have them examine the board fully for you and get the issue fixed, if any; Sorry for any inconvenience caused here!

Broken engrish aside, I don't think MSI will have a good solution for this other than to replace it.  I actually am going the route of replacing this particular board altogether.  I respect that this exact same model has worked for so many other people, but my own experiences [especially with their entire support process] has soured me on the MSI brand.  I'm even returning the video card :P
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W

bullus

• SERGEANT
« Reply #298 on: 26-January-11, 09:05:16 »

Hi All,

Current bioses (regular and UEFI) for Intel platforms have a bios part and an Intel ME part.

Usually the ME part doesn't need updating, so AFUD*.EXE or M-Flash only updates the bios part.
Recently we received an updated ME file form Intel that can solve the "F10/Save & Exit" issue.

Bios v1.00 to v1.60 have ME version 1141
Bios v1.70 to ......  have ME version 1164

Attached bios is only for P67A-GD65 and P67A-GD55.

To update both parts you need to flash the bios part and ME part in DOS (preferably use a DOS bootable USB stick).
Attached bios package has two parts.
Part1 (bios flash tool, bios file)
AFUDE234 E7681IMS.186

An easier method is to execute the 7681v186.bat file in DOS.

The flashing of the ME part will show as dots and can take a while, please have patience till it finishes.

Can you let us know if this can solve the issue?

Grt Ruudt

What about the part 2 ,when u got an error.
Error 8193: Intel (R) ME Interface : Cannot locate ME device driver"

Using Svet method with the msi usb flash tool.
Will try another try with a bootable usb
H2O i7 2600K
H2O cfx 6950
MSI P67A-GD65 bios 1.8b6
Coolermaster M1000
W7 Enterprise SP1 64bit

DerBert

• SERGEANT
« Reply #299 on: 26-January-11, 09:11:32 »

I've used the MSI HQ Flash Tool and the according archive provided by Svet - the ME Update to 1164 went fine in my case, but it did not change anything. 1.4 still is the only Bios that doesn't lock up on save.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up