Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: msi p67a gd65 bios 1.6 dont save  (Read 225410 times)

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
Re: msi p67a gd65 bios 1.6 dont save
« Reply #400 on: 28-January-11, 12:53:05 »

Sorry ,I misread it was necessary and not an option.

Yes, but latest news is that 1.8A{and maybe above} is special and exception from this

PaulWendt

• CORPORAL
« Reply #401 on: 28-January-11, 13:03:38 »

I don't know where you're getting that information, Svet, but it's not true.  I have 1.8A and I do not have IME installed. I cannot install IME.  Furthermore, Control Center complains that I don't have IME installed and won't function properly.

I don't think the BIOS is fixing the problem.  I will concede that you guys addressed the 'save' issue, probably by ignoring errors when trying to save to the ME firmware.
P67A-GD65, i7 2600K Sandy Bridge
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
MSI R6970-2PM2D2GD5 Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5
OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD3-2VTX120G 3.5" 120GB SATA II
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s
LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner - Bulk SATA WH10LS30

Thierry14

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #402 on: 28-January-11, 13:04:16 »

I get the 8193 error, but if I flash to 1.8A thats would not be a problem you mean??

marilynman

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #403 on: 28-January-11, 13:49:17 »

Select the ME and removed it,
then reboot machine

then what i do??
i cant undertand, Intel's ME is for what?
explain to me as if it were too dumb 

pepe123

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #404 on: 28-January-11, 13:56:06 »

I don't think the BIOS is fixing the problem.  I will concede that you guys addressed the 'save' issue, probably by ignoring errors when trying to save to the ME firmware.

+1. RMA will fix it.

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #405 on: 28-January-11, 15:22:03 »

i cant undertand, Intel's ME is for what?
explain to me as if it were too dumb 
Recommend looking in Wikipedia; Intel Active Management Technology (Management Engine firmware modules), Google it, or go direct to Intel's Website & look it up. :-))

It's high time to put some pressure on Intel & ask why their 1184 driver update says it installs & it doesn't. Starting to wonder if this ME is even necessary or required for system operation to have installed at all. :undecided: For many, the main topic of 'Save' is still a concern. New BIOS seems to fix that issue. Hopefully the 'secondary' issues will be rectified in short order as well.
The Last Hoorah! I Had Retired From All This! Can't Believe I'm Really Doing A Platform Test One More Time!  :shocked:

Z97 Gaming 7, 4790k, Zalman CNPS9900Max-R, Corsair AX-850, Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800's, WD 600 SATA III V.Raptor, Lite-On iHAS 424, GTX 680's In SLI, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit    

Life Can Be Very Fulfilling Without Win 8/8.1, SSD's (Exception: Testing PCI-E M.2), RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

IXOYE

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #406 on: 28-January-11, 16:54:45 »

Support asked me to run MEUP -F ME1164.BIN from my patch stick and see if it works.  Sadly, of course, it didn't work.  I updated support but I think they are running out of ideas.  I'll keep updating what happens, I want to make sure our issue isn't brushed aside or forgotten since the save bug is fixed.
P67A-GD65(B3), i5-2500K (Bios 1.80)
8GB Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R
CORSAIR AX-850
XFX 6870 HD Black Edition
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
1TB WD Caviar Black SATA II HD
640GB  WD Caviar Black SATA II HD
Sony Optiarc CD/DVD 24x SATA
Creative X-Fi Fatality (PCI) Sound
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #407 on: 28-January-11, 17:24:47 »

Support asked me to run MEUP -F ME1164.BIN from my patch stick and see if it works.  Sadly, of course, it didn't work.  I updated support but I think they are running out of ideas.  I'll keep updating what happens, I want to make sure our issue isn't brushed aside or forgotten since the save bug is fixed.

Was hoping the MEI was something that we could just delete from the system without issue, but not so sure now. Here is an excerpt from tech support for a brand X regarding MEI;

check if Intel MEI from the support CD has been installed.  All controls related to CPU are now tighten to that thing, and it is a must under the Sandybridge platform regardless.

My next stop is Intel Website!

Added: Not a help to those that don't have it in their system, but a check for those that do (available at the Intel Download Center);

2nd add: So much for that idea. Intel Utility just sits there & does nothing. :undecided:
The Last Hoorah! I Had Retired From All This! Can't Believe I'm Really Doing A Platform Test One More Time!  :shocked:

Z97 Gaming 7, 4790k, Zalman CNPS9900Max-R, Corsair AX-850, Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800's, WD 600 SATA III V.Raptor, Lite-On iHAS 424, GTX 680's In SLI, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit    

Life Can Be Very Fulfilling Without Win 8/8.1, SSD's (Exception: Testing PCI-E M.2), RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

IXOYE

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #408 on: 28-January-11, 17:52:39 »

They asked me to try again using the -allowsv parameter but same results.

EDIT:  Ok, looks like they've run out of ideas.  They are sending me a new motherboard (I used a credit card for deposit before any thinks they did it out of the kindness of their hearts :)).  I'll update when the new board comes in but as I said, I'll still have my old board until then so I can continue troubleshooting/testing if anyone gets any ideas.
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #409 on: 28-January-11, 18:56:59 »

Ok, looks like they've run out of ideas.  They are sending me a new motherboard (I used a credit card for deposit before any thinks they did it out of the kindness of their hearts ).  I'll update when the new board comes in but as I said, I'll still have my old board until then so I can continue troubleshooting/testing if anyone gets any ideas.
It needs to be confirmed if MEI is in fact 'essential' or not. If no way to get the firmware installed at the end user level, let alone a driver, then I would tend to think that makes the board impossible to function properly & should then be replaced with one that has confirmed firmware installed.

IXOYE

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #410 on: 28-January-11, 19:05:27 »

I found a post on the Intel forums (thanks to HU16E for the idea) in which a user was having problems.  The board inst an LGA1155 but his symptoms are similar.  His post stated this he was getting a "Failed getting version from FW" for the Intel ME.  Someone posted in response this, "From the error message that you're getting, I would say that the ME FW in you system has gotten corrupted. That's not supposed to happen, but sometimes it does. If it is corrupted, then you will have to send the system to service to get it repaired. There's no way for a customer to fix a corrupted ME FW on their own. Re-installing the drivers won't help."  They went on to say, "If the problem really is an issue with the ME FW, then the only way to fix the problem is to reflash the entire contents of the ME FW, which can only be done by a service technician. You need to collect the info that I suggested in order to really tell what the problem is."
Not really an answer for us but it seems like there are cases of corrupt Intel ME.

EDIT:  More comments from the thread I found:
Get on the web and download a copy of Read-Write Everything (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/07/30/rw-everything-utility-free-download-to-access-and-dump-computer-hardware-info/), or any tool that will allow you to read the PCI config registers.  Read the DWORD value from PCI bus 0, device 3, function 0, registers 0x43-0x40; this is the ME FW status register.  If we could figure out these values, we could compare good systems with bad systems and see if we find anything.
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #411 on: 29-January-11, 02:36:24 »

If we could figure out these values, we could compare good systems with bad systems and see if we find anything.
It would be of help if Intel had a Verification Utility that worked with P67. The one they have is for P/H55 & I tried it & it didn't work. Will try to rattle their cage & see if one is in the works. Even for those of us that do have the EMI firmware installed, it would be nice for us to know if it may be corrupted or not.

IXOYE

marilynman

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #412 on: 29-January-11, 05:26:44 »

Recommend looking in Wikipedia; Intel Active Management Technology (Management Engine firmware modules), Google it, or go direct to Intel's Website & look it up. :-))

It's high time to put some pressure on Intel & ask why their 1184 driver update says it installs & it doesn't. Starting to wonder if this ME is even necessary or required for system operation to have installed at all. :undecided: For many, the main topic of 'Save' is still a concern. New BIOS seems to fix that issue. Hopefully the 'secondary' issues will be rectified in short order as well.

I have done what you say to me, and this is the result:

in english it something like this "pci simple communications controller"

bullus

• SERGEANT
« Reply #413 on: 29-January-11, 06:43:55 »

I found a post on the Intel forums (thanks to HU16E for the idea) in which a user was having problems.  The board inst an LGA1155 but his symptoms are similar.  His post stated this he was getting a "Failed getting version from FW" for the Intel ME.  Someone posted in response this, "From the error message that you're getting, I would say that the ME FW in you system has gotten corrupted. That's not supposed to happen, but sometimes it does. If it is corrupted, then you will have to send the system to service to get it repaired. There's no way for a customer to fix a corrupted ME FW on their own. Re-installing the drivers won't help."  They went on to say, "If the problem really is an issue with the ME FW, then the only way to fix the problem is to reflash the entire contents of the ME FW, which can only be done by a service technician. You need to collect the info that I suggested in order to really tell what the problem is."
Not really an answer for us but it seems like there are cases of corrupt Intel ME.

EDIT:  More comments from the thread I found:
Get on the web and download a copy of Read-Write Everything (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/07/30/rw-everything-utility-free-download-to-access-and-dump-computer-hardware-info/), or any tool that will allow you to read the PCI config registers.  Read the DWORD value from PCI bus 0, device 3, function 0, registers 0x43-0x40; this is the ME FW status register.  If we could figure out these values, we could compare good systems with bad systems and see if we find anything.

I will test that Read-Write Everything , cause my system is fully update and is working.
First attemp to install IME didn't work, but the second time or third it went fine and is updated to 1164. Also in windows is ok.
Between the first attemp and second I did a lot and don't exactly know what I did.

I remember I updated the version of IME in windows. installed 1164 but it shows version 1144.
Did also install the sb chipsetdrivers but I already had a newer version in windows installed.
I also have sp1 W7.
Before I flashed the second time, the bios was clearcmos with default values.
I flashed it with a bootable usb and manually update the IME.
MEUP -ALLOWSV -F ME1164.BIN

edit
Downloaded the tool, but can only scan for errors.
H2O i7 2600K
H2O cfx 6950
MSI P67A-GD65 bios 1.8b6
4gb Corsair Dominator GT 1866 8-9-8-24-1T
Coolermaster M1000
W7 Enterprise SP1 64bit

jpvino

• SERGEANT
  • ...beer is good, wine is better
« Reply #414 on: 29-January-11, 23:44:46 »

Hey Guy's

Just joined the forum because of trouble with a new build and............I gotta say THANKS for all the super advice and knowledge you folks
are slinging around. Great stuff!!!

Thought I was going to put my head through a window trying to figure out my issues, but you guy's had me straightened out soonest.....so far. Please
keep up the great work and know that somebody, even a rookie, really appreciates your efforts.

Been working on the Bios fix. The help here has saved my sanity.................keep up the great work

......New Build in Process........i7-2600k
                                         MSI P67A-GD65
                                         G Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1066
                                         MSI Hawk 460 1gb SLI
                                         Mushkin 800w
                                         OCZ vertex 2 80gb
                                         WD Caviar black 1.5tb
                                         Corsair 600t obsidian

-New Build-                              -Old Build-

i7-2600K                                   C2D 6850                           
MSI P67A-GD65 bios1.7               Asus Striker Extreme             
Sli MSI Hawk 460 1gb                  SLI EVGA 8800GT 512mb
Mushkin 800w single rail               Silverstone 600w dual rail
2x4gb G Skill Ripjaws 1066            2x2 Mushkin 1333 ram
OCZ Vertex 2 80gb SSD               WD Caviar black 500gb HDD
WD Caviar Black 1.5TB HDD          Asus CD/DVD
Lite-On CD/DVD                         Coolmaster Stacker 930
Silverstone 600t Obsidian             Klipsch 5.1 Pro Media
Noctua C14 HSF                         Thermaltake Max Orb
Logitech Z5500                           Win Vista 64bit
Win7 64 home Pre

-Laptop-

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #415 on: 30-January-11, 00:15:54 »

Please keep up the great work and know that somebody, even a rookie, really appreciates your efforts.
Always nice to hear some kind words among the sometimes chaos. It's a user to user group effort. Svet, Jack, & others are doing what they can to stabilize the situation. Like you, my hat tip goes out to all who have made a positive contribution here. :hat tip:

IXOYE

bullus

• SERGEANT
« Reply #416 on: 30-January-11, 05:38:40 »

Peoples who have the IME error, did the dualbios led flickers on the mobo?
H2O i7 2600K
H2O cfx 6950
MSI P67A-GD65 bios 1.8b6
Coolermaster M1000
W7 Enterprise SP1 64bit

atikkur

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #417 on: 30-January-11, 06:58:42 »

hello.. same situation here.
i got P67A-GD65 about a week ago. My stock bios is v1.4 and the PCB version is 2.0. Using bios 1.4 i cannot use mouse in OC section (hang when i first clicked it), so i thought i need updated bios. Using bios v1.7 was no luck, just hang on save setting. Intel ME cant be updated too, it said some like, "cannot locate the device driver". Until i found this forum, bios v1.8A is my saver.. finally i can save my bios setting, and overclock well. But still, the Intel ME cannot be updated, nor verivying it.

Bios 1.8A is not perfect too, these are some flaws:
- Spread spectrum hang when clicked/changed
- BCLK back to 100mhz when changed
- No Raid in Marvell chipset

In windows xp x32, sometime i can install the intel me, sometimes dont. The INTEL ME detected as "PCI Simple Communication". After installation, i got exclamation mark on INTEL MANAGEMENT ENGINE. On the next boot, this INTEL ME just dissappear from device manager list. Even in windows 7 x64, this INTEL ME was never detected its presence, so i never can install it.

Is this hardware flaws or just software, i think MSI should declare it soon. What INTEL ME does exactly, and is it crippled the system if not installed (other than bios issues)? So every end user that have this problem, can decide have to RMA it or not. But i prefer if there is a solution to fix the Intel ME firmware than have to RMA it. Big thanks to this community.

Thierry14

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #418 on: 30-January-11, 07:12:26 »

Where can I find the 1.8A bios.. the 1.8B10 didnt do it for me overclocking wise

DerBert

• SERGEANT
« Reply #419 on: 30-January-11, 07:19:53 »

@Thierry14: 1.8A and 1.8B10 are one and the same.
P67A-GD65 - i5-2500K - 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 1.5V - Seasonic X-460 (+12V 38A) - Gigabyte 5850 - Intel X25-M G2

atikkur

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #420 on: 30-January-11, 07:22:31 »

@bullus
no flickers.

@thierry14
yes.. bios 1.8A and 1.8B10 are the same.

Thierry14

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #421 on: 30-January-11, 07:41:11 »

thats a bummer.. In 1.8B10 if I would change anything in the oc tap it would not be stable..

bullus

• SERGEANT
« Reply #422 on: 30-January-11, 11:11:21 »

thats a bummer.. In 1.8B10 if I would change anything in the oc tap it would not be stable..

Try a clearcmos and after that load default settings.
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=31222.0
H2O i7 2600K
H2O cfx 6950
MSI P67A-GD65 bios 1.8b6
Coolermaster M1000
W7 Enterprise SP1 64bit

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #423 on: 30-January-11, 14:04:05 »

But i prefer if there is a solution to fix the Intel ME firmware than have to RMA it.
If the MEI driver does not install, & Device Manager doesn't show the Intel Management Engine Interface, it appears the MEI FW can't be installed at the end user level. I am sure word if this is the case will be forthcoming.

IXOYE

Tydyt

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #424 on: 30-January-11, 16:04:36 »

Bios 1.8A is not perfect too, these are some flaws:

- No Raid in Marvell chipset
I can confirm - this option in the BIOS 1.8b10 missing.
:rolleyes: Core i7 2600K, MSI P67A-GD65, 4x2048 RAM A-Data 1600+, RAID 1 => 2x WDI BE 640GB, POV 580GTX, Creative SB X-Fi Gamer :rolleyes:

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #425 on: 31-January-11, 04:55:15 »

@Svet

MSIHQ: Information detected by MSIHQ Tool ver: 1.19e5
MSIHQ: Report generated in vr 28-01-2011 at 16:09:18,97
Mainboard:  P67A-GD65 (MS-7681)
PCB Version:  2.0
BIOS Version: V1.8BA (aka Version: V1.8B10)
BIOS Date:  01/24/2011

Let's test if the bios is stable for >5ghz :)

:biggthumbsup:

P.S: The new version is out:

MSIHQ: Information detected by MSIHQ Tool ver: 1.19e5
MSIHQ: Report generated in  31-01-2011 at 12:13:24,51
Mainboard:  P67A-GD65 (MS-7681)
PCB Version:  2.0
BIOS Version: V1.8BB (aka Version: V1.8B11)
BIOS Date:  01/27/2011

Flash/Use at own risk!

For automatic and safety flashing: >>Use the MSI HQ Forum USB flasher<<

sailindawg

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #426 on: 31-January-11, 06:55:44 »

@Svet

It looks like there's a new beta BIOS, 1.8b11.

What does it fix, how stable is it?  Does it settle the board voltage fluctuations, the saving issues, the IME update issue & the spread spectrum issue?

I'm receiving the GD65 today and have been watching this forum with interest.

One more quick question: does the IME occupy a sector of the BIOS chip or is it a seperate E-prom chip?

Thanks & keep up the good work!

Regards.
MSI P67a GD65
PCPC 910 Silencer
2x2G G Skill Rip JawsX 2133 BXHD
soon to be water-cooled
Win 7 Pro 64
Xtreme Music

atikkur

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #427 on: 31-January-11, 09:19:01 »

If the MEI driver does not install, & Device Manager doesn't show the Intel Management Engine Interface, it appears the MEI FW can't be installed at the end user level. I am sure word if this is the case will be forthcoming.

so. what is the worst scenario if we live without IME... for present and future?

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #428 on: 31-January-11, 09:26:03 »

so. what is the worst scenario if we live without IME... for present and future?
I'm not willing to take that chance and find out down the road, so I RMA'd mine.  From everything I've read, the MEI can't be fixed by the end user if it's corrupt or not on the board.  Best case scenario is the ME isn't going to affect anything but I'm not willing to risk it.
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Soilworker

• CORPORAL
« Reply #429 on: 31-January-11, 10:31:50 »

I'm sure you guys already tried this but I downloaded an updated version from intels site when the one from msi wasnt working. Here is the link just incase anyone missed it:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3273&DwnldID=19691&keyword=%22%ADIntel+Management+Engine+Driver%22&lang=eng

edit: My bios is 1,8B6
Intel Core i7 2600K| MSI P67A GD65 - Bios 1.15B5 | Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9 | Corsair AX 750W 80+ GOLD | Radeon 5870 |Windows 7 64bit

brattakTopic starter

• STAFF SERGEANT

boobeer

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #431 on: 31-January-11, 13:03:28 »

I'm sure you guys already tried this but I downloaded an updated version from intels site when the one from msi wasnt working. Here is the link just incase anyone missed it:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3273&DwnldID=19691&keyword=%22%ADIntel+Management+Engine+Driver%22&lang=eng

The DRIVER (OS interface with hardware) is not the problem, it's the FIRMWARE (light software layer embedded into the hardware) that is the cause.

meanwhile, intel has declared that all P67/H67 etc... Boards sent suffer from a major bug on the SATA 2.0 (3Gbs) part of the chipset that will induce a forced RMA for all owners of sandy bridge platforms  :undecided:

sailindawg

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #432 on: 31-January-11, 13:28:37 »

I wonder how much of the problems that are seen in this thread are related to the faulty Chipset?
MSI P67a GD65
PCPC 910 Silencer
soon to be water-cooled
Win 7 Pro 64
Xtreme Music

klaasvaag

• SERGEANT
  • Just a Dude
    • SWAMCREW gaming community
« Reply #433 on: 31-January-11, 13:43:48 »

Okay i received a complete new board from RMA. And i must say... all my problems are over  :agrees:

Bios is updatable to : [E7681IMS.18A+ME1164.BIN] and no problems. I can save all settings and even Intel management engine driver installation is fine (see above picture, this is what i got when first booted, installed the management engine driver and it was gone).

I recommend RMA the whole lot!!
P67A-GD65, i7 2600K
Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8
CORSAIR TX-750
XFX 6950 HD
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB

sailindawg

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #434 on: 31-January-11, 13:53:05 »

interesting data point.  I would assume your Chipset was made by Intel after they found their problem.  Be great to know if there was a way to tell when your Chipset was made.  If the Chipset is not related, but I can't see how it can't be because of the IME, your case is a very happy coincidence.
MSI P67a GD65
PCPC 910 Silencer
soon to be water-cooled
Win 7 Pro 64
Xtreme Music

klaasvaag

• SERGEANT
  • Just a Dude
« Reply #435 on: 31-January-11, 14:09:46 »

Correction... it wasn't fixed at all.... they just gave me a new board (also rev. 2.0 and equipped with 1.4 bios).
P67A-GD65, i7 2600K
CORSAIR TX-750
XFX 6950 HD
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB

atikkur

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #436 on: 31-January-11, 14:33:16 »

Correction... it wasn't fixed at all.... they just gave me a new board.

So does the RMA still didnt fix the IME issue. This is what im affraid of, that,, the whole or a great batch of P67-GD65 is IME flawed? I wonder why MSI not soonly declared to recall the infected products?

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #437 on: 31-January-11, 14:43:44 »

So does the RMA still didnt fix the IME issue. This is what im affraid of, that,, the whole or a great batch of P67-GD65 is IME flawed? I wonder why MSI not soonly declared to recall the infected products?
No, he's saying MSI didn't fix his old board but instead sent him a new board (which did fix his problem).  He's not saying the issue wasn't fixed.
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

atikkur

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #438 on: 31-January-11, 15:51:22 »

@bruticis
well, ok then,, that is very clear.

I'll RMA it until Intel fix their SATA2 port issue.
So klaasvaag,  i think you should RMA it again to fix the second issue (SATA2)... hehe. :lol_anim:

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #439 on: 31-January-11, 21:17:04 »

If you look in Device Manager, System Devices, even after installing the 1184 driver (assuming the ME is in fact listed & working), I bet it still reads 1144 as the driver that's installed. My board works & runs perfect in every respect. However, the degradation of the S-ATA may be slow over time. That is reason enough to get a replacement if & when a recall is announced. It will be awhile before the replacement parts are available. It would be nice if a utility was available from Intel that would reveal if the chipset is in fact ok or not. The Management Engine Verification Utility now online is for P-H55 chipsets & doesn't work with Cougar Point P67. Tried it, & it didn't work.  

IXOYE

liquoredonlife

• CORPORAL
« Reply #440 on: 31-January-11, 21:38:52 »

Or you could use the unaffected SATA3 ports in the meantime.
M/B: MSI P67A-GD65
CPU: i7-2600K // 4.6ghz @ 1.385v
Mem: G-Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
Cooling: XSPC Rasa Block / X20 750 / RS360 / EK 6970 Ni GPU block
Video: AMD Radeon HD 6950
Case: Antec DF-35
Hdd: WD Velociraptor x2 RAID0
PSU: Seasonic X650

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #441 on: 31-January-11, 22:15:47 »

Or you could use the unaffected SATA III 6Gb/s ports in the meantime.
:biggthumbsup: Absolutely!

IXOYE

klaasvaag

• SERGEANT
  • Just a Dude
« Reply #442 on: 01-February-11, 01:56:10 »

hmm bad luck all around now that we (also) have the chipset problems with SATA300. Will use SATA600 for the main drives in the meanwhile.

I am indeed curious if we can test this problem (if it exists on your main-board) and how the recall will be organized . i cannot imagine that all retailers will be as straight forward as Intel is.

update on my new board, Prime95 torture all night long testing (7 hours) and still all workers active  ;-))
Rock solid it seems......

Will try overclocking next.
P67A-GD65, i7 2600K
CORSAIR TX-750
XFX 6950 HD
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB

Soilworker

• CORPORAL
« Reply #443 on: 01-February-11, 05:58:26 »

If you look in Device Manager, System Devices, even after installing the 1184 driver (assuming the ME is in fact listed & working), I bet it still reads 1144 as the driver that's installed. My board works & runs perfect in every respect. However, the degradation of the S-ATA may be slow over time. That is reason enough to get a replacement if & when a recall is announced. It will be awhile before the replacement parts are available. It would be nice if a utility was available from Intel that would reveal if the chipset is in fact ok or not. The Management Engine Verification Utility now online is for P-H55 chipsets & doesn't work with Cougar Point P67. Tried it, & it didn't work.  

It might very well still read as 1144, I'm currently at work though so I can't check that. My main point however was that with the install that was from MSI (dvd / homepage) I just got a message along the lines of "Your system does not meet the requirements.." so I could never install it. At that point I already had bios 1,8B6 installed. I didn't change a thing or even reboot after I got that message, all I did was go to the intelpage and downloaded that install and it installed without any complaints and I've got no errors showing in Device Manager. Don't know if this helps anyone :)
Intel Core i7 2600K| MSI P67A GD65 - Bios 1.15B5 | Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9 | Corsair AX 750W 80+ GOLD | Radeon 5870 |Windows 7 64bit

joxa

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #444 on: 05-February-11, 12:32:54 »

One n00b question... did the forum search and went thru this thread and there seems to be no similar discussion on P67A-GD53, all the focus is on GD65. Can't get my GD53 over 4Ghz no matter what, upping volts a little = boot fail/hard reset, with CM Hyper N520 cooler (not the best, not the worst either - idle temps around 28-30 on stock volts)... So would it be safe to use, say, BIOS 1.8b6 for the GD65? Are there any major differences between GD53 and GD65, except for additional FireWire/SATAIII/eSATA headers? Did the comparison thingy on MSI product page and these are (seem to be) the only differences.

MSI P67A-GD53
Intel i5 2500k
2x2G RipjawsX 1600
Gainward GTX570
Crucial M225 64G SSD + 1.5G Seagate SATA
Corsair TX750
Win7 x64

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #445 on: 05-February-11, 13:58:08 »

One n00b question... did the forum search and went thru this thread and there seems to be no similar discussion on P67A-GD53, all the focus is on GD65.
There is a reason for that. This is a P67A-GD65 thread. Please start a new one with questions specific to your mainboard. :-))

IXOYE

liquoredonlife

• CORPORAL
« Reply #446 on: 07-February-11, 12:30:03 »

On the latest 1.8B11 bios and have successfully updated ME. Why does Control Center 2 show .035 vcore less than what is set in the bios?

e.g., I'll set vcore to 1.37 in bios, CC reads 1.335, cpu-z reads 1.352/1.36 in idle, and 1.40/1.408 at load. Green Power tab in CC also reflect what cpu-z show. High or low vdroop have no affect.
M/B: MSI P67A-GD65
CPU: i7-2600K // 4.6ghz @ 1.385v
Mem: G-Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
Cooling: XSPC Rasa Block / X20 750 / RS360 / EK 6970 Ni GPU block
Video: AMD Radeon HD 6950
Case: Antec DF-35
Hdd: WD Velociraptor x2 RAID0
PSU: Seasonic X650

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #447 on: 07-February-11, 17:13:21 »

Why does Control Center 2 show .035 vcore less than what is set in the bios? e.g., I'll set vcore to 1.37 in bios, CC reads 1.335, cpu-z reads 1.352/1.36 in idle, and 1.40/1.408 at load. Green Power tab in CC also reflect what cpu-z show. High or low vdroop have no affect.
Recommend opening a ticket with MSI Tech Support. Doubt any of the forum users are going to have an answer. Are you sure you are running off the updated primary BIOS & not off the backup? High VDroop setting was changed to 'Auto' in the newer BIOS revisions.

IXOYE

Bruticis

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #448 on: 07-February-11, 19:10:08 »

Got my RMA motherboard, noticed the bios was already flashed to 1.7.  Finally have everything as it should be!  Noticed the new box has a W3 sticker beside the model number, old box didn't have this.  No idea if that means anything or not but just something worth noting (not that you can go out and buy the 1155s right now anyway).
CORSAIR AX-850
Crucial M4 64GB SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #449 on: 07-February-11, 19:25:09 »

Noticed the new box has a W3 sticker beside the model number
Recommend contacting MSI Tech Support & ask them a specific question if this has the new B3 6 series chipset. If it is, you are one lucky....er....a....individual! The rest of us will just have to wait. :undecided:

IXOYE
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up