Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search    

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quieter fan for GX700?  (Read 3496 times)

Mason DixonTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Quieter fan for GX700?
« on: 19-July-09, 21:20:55 »

Was wondering if anybody could provide a link for a quiet replacement fan for a MSI GX700 notebook fan...also, is it fairly straightforward to replace?

Aaron

• GENERAL
  • BOOST!
Re: Quieter fan for GX700?
« Reply #1 on: 19-July-09, 21:22:50 »

also, is it fairly straightforward to replace?

Laptops are pains to disassemble.  If you can find a fan like one in the laptop though, maybe you could replace it.  https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=123506.0
Refrain from having to solve most of your problems by not creating them in the first place.

DDR3 Memory Standards: Blurry Lines
Integrated Memory Controllers (IMC)
Intel EIST and Processor C-states
Overclock Database 2.0

imp_cat

• STAFF SERGEANT
Re: Quieter fan for GX700?
« Reply #2 on: 19-January-11, 15:46:32 »

I know this is an old post, but I have recently been forced to repaste my GX700 (after 3 years of service, it was slowly creeping to over 100°C under full load  :shocked: and that's a bit too much). It's actually very simple to get to the cooling fan.

Just unscrew the largest backing plate and then loosen 4 screws on the heatsink, disconnect the fan cable and you can easily remove the entire heatsink and fan assembly, clean it, apply new thermal grease and put it back together.

Here's a nice guide:

It's almost shocking how amazingly simple it was. Compare that to a HP laptop, where it could take you a few hours and lots of screws, cables and plastic tabs to get to the fan. See

Excellent design MSI! Whoever is responsible for the design, you did a great job!
Pages: [1]   Go Up