Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search    

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual BIOS Control LED  (Read 30922 times)

kuziuTopic starter

• SERGEANT
Dual BIOS Control LED
« on: 23-January-11, 15:40:14 »

If the LED blinks every 1 second, it is everything okay? I read the motherboard manual that is led from the BIOS, I saw that in some cases where the LED light does not blink, she was always constant blue light

still blinks every second

Intel Core i7 3770k
MSI Z77 MPower
Corsair H100i
G.Skill 8GB Sniper 2133MHz CL9
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
Samsung F3 1TB HD103SJ
Creative SB Z
XFX PRO750W Core Edition

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
Re: Dual BIOS Control LED
« Reply #1 on: 23-January-11, 15:46:21 »

From your manual:

Off: Normal.
Blink (1 cycle/second): The primary BIOS is failed.
Fast Blink (10 cycles/second): The second BIOS is failed.
Solid: Both of primary and second BIOS are failed.

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #2 on: 23-January-11, 17:21:10 »

If the LED blinks every 1 second, it is everything okay?
Did this condition exist right out of the box & on initial startup?
The Last Hoorah! I Had Retired From All This! Can't Believe I'm Really Doing A Platform Test One More Time!  :shocked:

Z97 Gaming 7, 4790k, Zalman CNPS9900Max-R, Corsair AX-850, Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800's, WD 600 SATA III V.Raptor, Lite-On iHAS 424, GTX 680's In SLI, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit    

Life Can Be Very Fulfilling Without Win 8/8.1, SSD's (Exception: Testing PCI-E M.2), RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

IXOYE

kuziuTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 23-January-11, 17:21:43 »

that is, the council can not fix it so as not to blink? in my case, what does it mean that blinks every 1 second?
Intel Core i7 3770k
MSI Z77 MPower
Corsair H100i
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
Samsung F3 1TB HD103SJ
Creative SB Z
XFX PRO750W Core Edition

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 23-January-11, 17:24:07 »

that is, the council can not fix it so as not to blink? in my case, what does it mean that blinks every 1 second?

The primary BIOS is failed.

From your manual:

Off: Normal.
Fast Blink (10 cycles/second): The second BIOS is failed.
Solid: Both of primary and second BIOS are failed.

Jack

• Ex Forum moderator
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
    • A user initiative by MSI fanatics to support all other MSI product users
« Reply #5 on: 23-January-11, 17:26:26 »

Read this (the PDF will tell you how to fix this):

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #6 on: 23-January-11, 17:28:28 »

The primary BIOS is failed.
Wow! Nice to have that backup BIOS feature on this board! :yes:

Added: Thanks much for providing that pdf Jack! :hat tip:
The Last Hoorah! I Had Retired From All This! Can't Believe I'm Really Doing A Platform Test One More Time!  :shocked:

Z97 Gaming 7, 4790k, Zalman CNPS9900Max-R, Corsair AX-850, Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800's, WD 600 SATA III V.Raptor, Lite-On iHAS 424, GTX 680's In SLI, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit    

Life Can Be Very Fulfilling Without Win 8/8.1, SSD's (Exception: Testing PCI-E M.2), RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

IXOYE

kuziuTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #7 on: 23-January-11, 18:35:45 »

Many thanks, everything is in place.

I have a question, I currently have bios 1.8b6 + ME and overclocking the processor did this operation LED Dual BIOS, if these settings are inscribed on the second BIOS?

as I updated the bios to another version, or I would have to perform this operation with Dual BIOS LED? and now as a second bios was updated to 1.8b6, the first and second with the new update will be the same version?

sorry for my english
Intel Core i7 3770k
MSI Z77 MPower
Corsair H100i
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
Samsung F3 1TB HD103SJ
Creative SB Z
XFX PRO750W Core Edition

Muhammad

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #8 on: 18-April-11, 15:11:55 »

hi everone ,

just got the big bang marshall  - well i have 2600k with it- i wanted to over clock so i swtiched over to xmp profile - i have 4 sticks of muskin 7-9-7-24 rams - but bios reads out the xmp profile wrongly - anyway ..

i saved and rebooted but sytem would just hang at a3  - then after many attemps shuting on and off i clicked on the dual bios button and well it booted - now ever since then the light keeps on blinking which i am assuming is the primiary bios fail - how can i fix this brothers ..

need help please

the bios is lastest ver 1.0 one ..pls help
The Dukes Of Hazzard

Muhammad

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #9 on: 18-April-11, 15:17:00 »

also i wanted to know what happens if i press the dual bios button - after pressing it i turn on the system  - will i get options to flash etc -- what if i get no options here --

pls help ...

confused

i just want the damn light to stop blinking
The Dukes Of Hazzard

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #10 on: 18-April-11, 15:19:14 »

now ever since then the light keeps on blinking which i am assuming is the primiary bios fail - how can i fix this brothers ..

Did you miss Jack's Reply #5 in this thread?

IXOYE

sjay

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #11 on: 18-April-11, 15:24:10 »

also i wanted to know what happens if i press the dual bios button - after pressing it i turn on the system  - will i get options to flash etc -- what if i get no options here --

pls help ...

confused

Theres the post that was being referred to, read that PDF mo.
In the bios there should be an option to turn the LED off, well there is in mine anyway.
:party:

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #12 on: 18-April-11, 15:27:25 »

In the bios there should be an option to turn the LED off, well there is in mine anyway.

A blinking LED in this case means the primary BIOS has failed. Turning off the LED control is a bad idea.

IXOYE

sjay

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #13 on: 18-April-11, 15:29:32 »

A blinking LED in this case means the primary BIOS has failed. Turning off the LED control is a bad idea.

I know, but I did also link the PDF. So I helped and also commented, thats all. The LED on my board is on all the time but I don't think its related to the intel boards. Just commenting about my situation with the blue led. I actually like it, I didn't have to buy any LED fans or anything, Free led! Looks nice through the side panel window.
:party:

Muhammad

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #14 on: 19-April-11, 00:24:42 »

well i select the dual bios boot option as mentioned in the pdf file -- and i save and rebooted - but i did not see any flashing of the bios ..

i mean if the led blinks than it means primary bios fail -- then shouldnt it be re flashed when i follow the pdf -- coz the mobo did not give any message as mentioned in the picture of flashing etc

and how do i know if i am on the dual bios or some thing ---
The Dukes Of Hazzard

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #15 on: 19-April-11, 01:39:52 »

It is possible the procedure in the pdf has changed for this new generation of B3 multi BIOS boards. It would be best to open a ticket with MSI Tech Support & ask them if a revised pdf is available for your board. It may have changed for the P67A-GD65(B3) like I have as well. The last time I had a primary BIOS failure, it didn't show a screen of it flashing from the backup to the primary either, but did with the B2 board. 

IXOYE

Muhammad

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #16 on: 19-April-11, 02:11:18 »

well if the primary led lights blinks every 1 sec it means primary bios fail -- hence secondary bios is loaded -- but my question is when i select the bios auto update function to enabled - i dont see any sort of flashing screen as shown above ..could be it does it with out notification or it does not flash it .

anyway when the dual bios button is pressed system boot - but which bios does it load -- from the documentation it shows teriatory bios  --- but i still dont see any flashing screen .

how should i know if the primary bios is recovered -- even though the option for bios update has been selcted

The Dukes Of Hazzard

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #17 on: 19-April-11, 02:17:13 »

how should i know if the primary bios is recovered
If you no longer get the flashing LED.

anyway when the dual bios button is pressed system boot - but which bios does it load -- from the documentation it shows teriatory bios 
That's the way I read it too.

IXOYE

Muhammad

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #18 on: 19-April-11, 04:54:23 »

have ti confirm this today - coz i do not see any bios flashing going on --- even though i have enabled the dual boot option -
also i guess i am on the 2nd bios coz last i checked the led was still blinking -

but shouldnt the secondary bios update the primary bios
The Dukes Of Hazzard

Muhammad

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #19 on: 19-April-11, 07:04:19 »

any one else having same issue .,

The Dukes Of Hazzard

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #20 on: 19-April-11, 13:37:57 »

but shouldnt the secondary bios update the primary bios
Yes, if the BIOS Auto Update is set to 'Enabled'.

IXOYE

Muhammad

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #21 on: 20-April-11, 02:41:59 »

well if the secondary bios updates the primary bios -- then i think some message should show up saying bios flashing or some thing or it does not show it and does it it self .

even if the auto update bios option is turned on ...there is no message which appears .

also i think it only flashes when both primari and secondary bios are not working -

The Dukes Of Hazzard

Bernhard

• Support the MSI Red Rockets Team Members 나는 한국을 사랑
  • GENERAL
  • Read the user manual first. Properly
« Reply #22 on: 20-April-11, 03:42:33 »

We cannot change your BIOS or the logic of it here. But do open a ticket with MSI to discuss your idea. >>How to contact MSI.<<
1.B350F Gaming; R5-1600; Crucial MX300 275GB, Ballistix Sport LT BLS16G4D240FSC 2X8gb; Sapphire RX580 Pulse 8gb; Seasonic750W; Win10-64; LG DVD
2.FUJITSU LIFEBOOK S751 QM67;i5-2520M;2 X 4GB 1333Crucial CT256 MX100; Win10-64; Orico Dual Bay USB3 Dock

"veni vedi doctus"
MSI 미친

Diverge

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #23 on: 03-June-11, 02:23:08 »

Interesting thread. Would have come in handy for me a few hours ago.

My bios LED was blinking, and instead of researching the correct way to fix it, I flashed bios 2 thinking it would fix bios 1 heh.. now they both have latest bios. I was able to fix bios 1 by just removing cmos battery and using jbat1 clear jumper. Bios 1 got screwed up on me when I was testing boot bios off flash drive function.

Nelly.

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #24 on: 10-November-11, 14:33:31 »

For the MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) this is all it says in the Manual, so if primary and secondary have failed is it RMA time, not that it's happend to me, I'm just curious.

i5 2500k@ 4.9 GHz|MSI Z77 MPOWER|G.Skill Trident 8GB 2400C10|MSI GTX 970 4GB Gaming Edition @ 1542/7516 |Corsair HX 750 PSU|Samsung 256GB SSD 830|Creative ZxR|Thermalright Silver Arrow|NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT|Cooler Master HAF X

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #25 on: 12-November-11, 02:36:59 »

In case your manual doesn't have this information in it, download the more comprehensive pdf manual available from the Global Website for your specific mainboard.

Solid BIOS LED indicates complete failure of both chips. Recovery attempts, & battery removed clearing of CMOS can be tried prior to RMA.

IXOYE

amdscooter

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #26 on: 27-October-13, 18:55:15 »

Heh.. revive a old thread just to say that it saved my bacon. Info on refreshing the primary BIOS on my trusty P67A-GD65 B3 was very useful.  :agrees:
Hardware: CM HAF932 | OCZ ZX 1250W PSU | i7-2600k@4.4Ghz | MSI P67A-GD65 B3 | 16GB (2 x 8GB) Gskill F3-1866C10D-16GAB 1866 | Diamond 7970 1200~1800 | ASUS 25.5" VW266H LCD | 2x 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD RAID 0 boot | 2x 2TB WD Green RAID 1 | Killer 2100 NIC | X-Fi Titanium Pro | Klipsch 5.1 | G15 KB | MX1100 mouse

Cooling: XSPC Raystorm CPU block | EK 7970 GPU block | Swiftech MCP655 Pump | Swiftech micro reservoir | HW Labs Black Ice GTX 240 Radiator 4 GT AP-15 fans push/pull
Pages: [1]   Go Up