Please login or register.
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Z68MA-ED55 (B3) - Doesn't wake from sleep  (Read 2841 times)

Diverge

• Neo
MSI Z68MA-ED55 (B3) - Doesn't wake from sleep
« on: 03-June-11, 08:01:51 »

The motherboard won't wake from sleep from either usb keyboard or mouse. I've tried multiple different keyboards and mice that are verified to work on another system. (I have to see if I have a ps/2 keyboard or mouse to see if it is just related to USB).

In device manager, these devices are set to allow the devices to wake from sleep under power management tab. When you attempt to wake up from the devices, only the lights on the devices light up (keyboard LEDs) or mouse LED. The only way the motherboard wakes is from the power button.

I'm on the latest bios (10.2). I have a usb breakout board (I work for a company the designs usb devices), and VBUS measures 5 volts when the motherboard is sleeping. The device is enumerated at Full Speed when the motherboard is sleeping. When you try to wake the motherboard from the devices, and the device lights come on, the devices then show as enumerated at Low Speed. Hopefully this is useful information for MSI techs and engineers.

Can anyone who has this board check to see if their computer wakes from sleep to see if this is a bios problem, or something is defective with my board?

Froggy Gremlin

• Power Edition
  • Master Air OC'er
Re: MSI Z68MA-ED55 (B3) - Doesn't wake from sleep
« Reply #1 on: 03-June-11, 08:06:08 »

Hopefully this is useful information for MSI techs and engineers.
User to user forum. No official MSI people here that are admins or mods. If you want any information to be directed at official MSI Tech Support, open a ticket with them; http://support.msi.com
The Last Hoorah! I Had Retired From All This! Can't Believe I'm Really Doing A Platform Test One More Time!  :shocked:

Z97 Gaming 7, 4790k, Zalman CNPS9900Max-R, Corsair AX-850, Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800's, WD 600 SATA III V.Raptor, Lite-On iHAS 424, GTX 680's In SLI, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit    

Life Can Be Very Fulfilling Without Win 8/8.1, SSD's (Exception: Testing PCI-E M.2), RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

IXOYE

Diverge

• Neo
« Reply #2 on: 03-June-11, 08:10:06 »

Thanks for the information. I'm still curious if anyone out there with board can check this for me :)

BTW, I just found a PS/2 keyboard. In device manager power management tab its set to allow it to wake from sleep... but the PS/2 keyboard doesn't wake it. So it's probably not usb related.

mbjbdc

• Easy OC
« Reply #3 on: 03-June-11, 08:28:12 »

i have same board no problem resuming from sleep mode.
MSI Z77A-G43
I-7 3770
16GB DDR3 CRUCIAL 1866
OCZ VERTEX 3
2-wd-rapitors 450gb raid0 sataIII
COOLMASTER HAAF932
WIN 7 X64

Diverge

• Neo
« Reply #4 on: 03-June-11, 08:33:02 »

i have same board no problem resuming from sleep mode.

Thanks for replying!

Guess I'll have to play around with it some more to see if I am overlooking something stupid. If I can't figure it out, maybe mine is defective.

Diverge

• Neo
« Reply #5 on: 03-June-11, 08:35:00 »

Thanks for the PM HU16E!

My voltages are all on auto, but I am overclocking. I'll save my settings and do a load optimized default settings in the bios and try that.

Diverge

• Neo
« Reply #6 on: 03-June-11, 08:49:30 »

Okay, I tried loading optimized defaults in the bios. Same thing, no wake. I then took a look around the bios settings, and found wake up events sub-menu in the advanced settings menu. There are events for usb keyboard/mouse, PS/2, PCIe devices, ect. They are all disabled by default. Enabled them and all is working now :)

Kinda odd they are disabled by default. Usually usb and PS/2 are enabled by default, with WOL and other options usually disabled by default.

Anyway, my problem is solved. Thanks for all the help from the people who posted in this thread  :biggthumbsup:
Pages: [1]   Go Up