Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This is a User-to-User community forum run by MSI users for MSI users. If you need to contact MSI directly see: How to contact MSI

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI GT640 Fan Issue.  (Read 1567 times)

flamephoenix

• Winki
MSI GT640 Fan Issue.
« on: 16-September-11, 21:11:50 »

Hello,

So basically I have got an MSI GT640 which I had bought about half a year ago or something, recently the air that comes out of the fan is becoming hot (after about 5-6 monthes this problem started) and unfortunately, the fan is on the right side of the laptop which means the air flows from the right side which is the side where I use the mouse and my right hand (TBH this was a bad idea to put fan on the right side because I own another GE 620 msi notebook and the fan is on the left side) becomes extremely hot so I have to turn on the a.c and freeze the whole room so that I don't feel the hot air, so I wanted to open up the laptop to clean it from dust which is causing this heat problem for the whole laptop but I don't want to open it up myself so I don't remove the warranty on it etc.. currently I'm away from my country which is where I bought the pc, I'm planning to take it where I bought it or to msi themselves to clean it without breaking the warranty (hopefully that's possible). So I am wondering is there an alternate solution to clean a laptop from dust without the need to open it, maybe a specialized notebook blower of some kind ?

Thanks in advance and I apologize for the long writing.

Ex Forum User 3

• Hawk
Re: MSI GT640 Fan Issue.
« Reply #1 on: 16-September-11, 21:22:10 »

You could use compressed (clean) air to blow the dust out.
But the best way it still to open it up and clean it by hand.

As for the fan best place, there is no place where it's good for everybody :lol_anim:
At the bottom it will heat your lap if the machine is there.
The right, it will heat up other people.
Top? Can't be done as the battery and hinges are there.

Sorry mate, there is no good place to put it, else they would have put it there :lol_anim:

flamephoenix

• Winki
« Reply #2 on: 17-September-11, 03:18:23 »

Thank you for your reply,

Yes I realise that there is no best place because it will differ from a person to another e.g right handed will hate right side fan position and vice versa.

I was also wondering, opening the laptop will remove the warranty from it, right ? if so, how am I supposed to use the compressed air, wouldnt that just move the dust inside it into other areas ?

anyways, I'll do some search on it. :)

Stu

• Hawk
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 17-September-11, 14:11:18 »

Opening the laptop up will only void the warranty if you physically damage something inside.
Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012
Pages: [1]   Go Up