Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: GX620 - finding recovery media  (Read 4332 times)

Linzer

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
GX620 - finding recovery media
« on: 30-November-11, 12:02:11 »

Hi everyone,

I have a gx620 whose hard disk has been accidentally wiped clean (recovery partition included), and no recovery discs!    :nooo:

Two questions:
- could I restore the system using someone else's recovery DVDs (for this model or a similar one)?
- is someone willing to pass disc images to me?

Thanks a lot!

Ex Forum User 3

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
« Reply #1 on: 30-November-11, 13:00:45 »

http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/

Download the version that matches your sticker at the bottom.
You can download the drivers and utils from www.msi.com

Linzer

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #2 on: 01-December-11, 01:03:15 »

Thanks for the reply... but I should have said, the machine is from 2009 and came with Vista Home Premium, not Win7. I don't know of any such downloadable installer for Vista.

To be precise, I've tried installing from a Vista OEM DVD that a friend gave me - but it was from Dell, and didn't accept my license key. So I suppose different manufacturers use different keys.

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 01-December-11, 19:37:35 »

Download a clean generic OEM Vista Home Premium DVD from a torrent site (ie one without any 'cracks' or modifications), and as long as you use your genuine product key, you'll stay legal.

Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

Linzer

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #4 on: 01-December-11, 23:52:33 »

The problem is, I can't seem to find any source for such an OEM DVD, for download or otherwise. All I've found was the DELL DVD I mentioned above. I have seen no functioning torrent. There are plenty of ways to download cracked, completely illegal copies of Vista Ultimate 64bit and the like, but no simple Vista Home Premium OEM 32bit. Of course, I need that specific version, since that is what my license is for.

Linzer

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #5 on: 02-December-11, 14:01:48 »

Hi everyone,

This is a call to anyone who has system restore DVDs for a Windows Vista notebook. Can you please help me by sharing DVD images with me?

As I explained in this previous post, I need to restore the system on my gx620 but I have lost all recovery media. I tried following suggestions to find OEM install discs, but could find nothing that worked.

I have a Vista license for this machine, and I'd just like to use it.

Thanks a lot to anyone willing and able to help: I'll arrange an easy and painless way to share the images.

Linzer

istojanovic

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 02-December-11, 19:11:24 »

If you want you trying to upload the 3 images. ISO, each weighing nearly 4GB ;D :hat tip:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up