Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SDHC Card  (Read 3273 times)

RiverfurmTopic starter

• CORPORAL
SDHC Card
« on: 01-March-12, 10:40:21 »

Hi new to this forum and new to Windpad 110w. Had this tablet less then a week and like it allot. Does everything I want so far. I would like to ad a SD card for more memory. From want I understand the largest I can go is 32GB and it has to be a SDHC 32GB class 10 card. Is this true? And is it just for storage as another drive?   Thanks for the help :worship:

Riverfurm
by the Delaware River
Eastern Pa.
USA

Stu

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Birmingham, UK
    • StuOnline.co.uk
Re: SDHC Card
« Reply #1 on: 01-March-12, 13:22:28 »

The card reader is just like any other card reader; insert a (suitable) memory card, and it will show as a Removable Drive in Windows/Linux.
Former moderator and admin, 2004-2012

Henry

« Reply #2 on: 01-March-12, 14:40:38 »

That's what I put in mine, SDHC 32MB class 10. I can't say that the limit is 32 GB, I went with the 32GB because at the time I couldn't spare $100 for 64GB.

This is the one I bought:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220452

pox67

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 04-March-12, 16:46:47 »

Hi new to this forum and new to Windpad 110w. Had this tablet less then a week and like it allot. Does everything I want so far. I would like to ad a SD card for more memory. From want I understand the largest I can go is 32GB and it has to be a SDHC 32GB class 10 card. Is this true? And is it just for storage as another drive?   Thanks for the help :worship:

I have a Transcend 64GB SDXC in my Windpad, works great.
Grab the beta Realtek card reader drivers from the MSI website though as they stop some BSODs from using the SD card slot constantly.

Henry

« Reply #4 on: 04-March-12, 17:39:51 »

It doesn't have to be class 10 that I'm aware of it's just that class 10 is faster than the others. It's for extra storage capacity, will be seen as another removable drive the same as any USB stick or memory card.

I haven't had any BSODs on mine for any reason yet. I leave my card in all of the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up