Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you want to flash your BIOS, please use our own Forum USB Flash tool - NOW UPDATED!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant find my GPU name, and vbios for it  (Read 1103 times)

SuperMAG

• Neo
Cant find my GPU name, and vbios for it
« on: 10-March-12, 10:41:29 »

I had Msi gx640 from around 2 years, and before 3/4 months my Gpu (Ati 5850m) got burned/broken, i bought a new gpu from one of the members in notebookreview forums(i tried contacting him, but he doesnt respond). He previously told me it will be in amd 6000 series, he wasnt clear which one exactly.

After installing the new GPU, i uninstalled the old drivers, and then the ATI catalyst couldnt find out the gpu hardware with its Auto detect tool, even in dxdiag it was written nothing.

I tried the latest ati catalyst (1mb thing) but it gave the same error as the auto detect tool.

So i went to device manager place and did the auto search online update to the gpu. and it found it and updated to an old version.

After that it was written as "AMD Radeon HD 6600A Series" everywhere. The chip type is "ATI display adapter (0x6750)". I though it is 6750, but it has gddr5 and this one has ddr3 ram.

After this i searched everywhere for the 6600A, got nothing, but found the full latest catalyst 12.3 package here, http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=359696, i also found out that the mobility version had (AMD6750.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6600A Series"), so i installed the mobility version.

Now everthing seems ok, the GPU temp is around 47-50'c on idle and reaches up to 60'c while playing fifa. There is this misterious Temp1 appeared that has temp of between 55-70'c changes quickly all the time.

I dont even know if those are the normal temps for this card, which is why i want to know about the vbios.

Maybe Vbios will make the fan kick more so the temp becomes even lower. anyone where can i find the vbios for my misterious gpu. thanks for reading this boring paragraph. Also there is no ATI Overdrive in Catalyst manager for this card, i wanted to know if i can overclock this gpu the safe way.

SuperMAG

• Neo
Re: Cant find my GPU name, and vbios for it
« Reply #1 on: 10-March-12, 13:17:58 »

I am worried about this ACPI Temperature, usually its around 54'c, it suddenly increases when the load increases, or while gaming, it increases to 70-75'c max, but today when i was playing fifa for more then 1 hr, it reached 88'c and stayed there until i closed the game.

What is this ACPI temperature anyway. The fan doesnt seem intrested in kicking in, its always on 37% when on load.
Pages: [1]   Go Up