Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 109   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI GTX 560 Ti HAWK Memory Temperature too high???  (Read 118524 times)

Obi-Wan00

• SERGEANT

Hi there! first sorry about my english (im argentinian LoL)... I ve recently received my order from amazon, an amazing MSI GTX 560 TI HAWK TWIN FRZR III (factory clock 950mhz mem 2100mhz shaders 1900mhz) but after some use, i began to worry about the noises and high speeds of the FANS, so ive checked the temperatures... The GPU IDLE 40/45º AND MEMORY TEMP IDLE 45º, thats fine... but after a minutes of benchmarking (uniengine) or playing SKYRIM full with mods, the GPU goes up OK, nothing out of the ordinary, it goes upto 70º no more...its OK, but the thing is with the MEMORIES, they went from 40/45 to 95/96º in a few seconds!!! AND THEY STAY THERE! I quit the game and the gpu drops down to 65/60 and slowly back to idle temp, but the mems stays in 95º!!! IS THIS NORMAL???

And something weird, if i quit the game and SHUT DOWN the system (not reboot) and quickly star it up again, like 1 min later, the mems are AT 50/55º ?!?!?!?!? :censored:? I want to know if this is usually like this, or not! (maybe its a sensor reading problem??? :S)

My Gear is INTEL I5 2320 3GHZ  / 8GB RAM GSKILL 2166 /  SOURCE 520W / MOTHER GIGABYTE Z77 DSH3 / HDD 1TB WD 64MB BUFFER / WIN 7X64 ENTERPRISE (RECENTLY INSTALLED)

AFTERBURNER 2.2.3
CARD                : MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk (S) on GPU GF114
CONTROLLER      : 301.42
vgaBIOS                 : 70.24.21.00.00

Well i hope that someone can help me! Ive read a LOT, and some people has this same problem, some of them RMAd it with no good results (same issue), i cant RMA it cause im back at my country (i bought it in my trip to USA a few weeks ago)...Some other guy change the TIM and got good results (but i think he had problems with GPU temp AND memories).

So if its not normal, what should i do? do i change the tim? try to check the airflow of the card (how)? im no hardware expert but i manage to try and do things... LoL.

Well i hope that u can understand my problem and help me!!! i want to enjoy my card without thinking that it will melt down in just 2 months away :(

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME GUYS! CYA!

Obi-Wan00

• SERGEANT
« Reply #1 on: 14-August-12, 04:16:16 »

Here i post some Images about the issue...http://imageshack.us/f/546/89541862.jpg

gurunanak

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 14-August-12, 20:38:01 »

You know what, the same thing has been happening to alot of people. The temperature just shoots up when your playing a game and doesn't ever come back down until you do a hard reset. I'll try to learn more about this problem and will get back to you. The strange thing is, that I have two gtx 560 ti hawks in sli and their memory temps seem to be spiking up. The worst part about it is that these cards aren't very cheap and should be performing right out of the box. I expected so much more from this card and MSI. I guess an RMA is in order or better yet a refund.

Obi-Wan00

• SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 15-August-12, 00:48:29 »

but then its an issue with the sensor or the afterburner program?? cause i dont think the memories are that hot actually, its not possible to make a hard reset and then voila the temp drops down to a half! theres another program to read memory temperature? cause evga and asus or even gpuz doesnt have that option...

cya! thx in advance

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 15-August-12, 18:06:33 »

could be sensor glitch,
do you have any stability issues?
Else you can contact to MSI here to ask about it:
>>How to contact MSI.<<

Obi-Wan00

• SERGEANT
« Reply #5 on: 16-August-12, 16:31:01 »

Hi there svet! thanx for taking time to check my problem and answer back!

I saw in a lot of other posts similar to my problem, that many people is having this kind of issue, so this sensor must be factory faulty or maybe just "misplaced" (in a "hot" airflow spot??? thats why the strange readings??)... that way we can explain why in 2 secs. goes from 40/45c degrees to 95/96c and stays there, then shut down pc, and inmidiately turn on and its back at 50c, weird right? LoL.

Ive sent the issue to MSI with all my data, captures of afterburner, serial numbers,vgabios, specs, system, etc. etc. Still NO RESPONSE.. its been a few days but no answer back yet.

I been testing it this days, and NO PROBLEMS whatsoever, nothing weird like shutdowns or glitches or even artifacts, the card works like a charm, fast and the gpu its always at a normal/low temperatures, even at high/full load with high end games like skyrim or benchmarks like Uniengine with full DX11 tesselation and all maxed up.

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 16-August-12, 23:22:43 »

Let us know what they will answer.

Else looks to be cosmetic problem, rather that real problem.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 109   Go Up