Sorry, here is a more detailed post:
My pc is barely 2 months old now, everything is brand new, except for the HDD. I have spent countless hours researching the "nvidia drivers has stopped responding." So far I have not found a working fix yet.
1. I have tried increasing my TDR in the registry files in Windows 7, as this is the most common fix.
2. I have updated all my motherboards BIOS drivers.
3. I have done several clean installs of the drivers, first tried updating to the newest drivers on nvidia's website (306.97) , no luck, then I did another clean install and tried nvidia's beta drivers (310.55), no luck, then I uninstalled the drivers yet again and installed the drivers I received on the disc with my 660 ti (304.48), no luck with that either.
4. The GPU is definitely not overheating, the temps are usually around 40-45 C when the crash occurs.
5. I have been running MSI afterburner today when the drivers stoped responding, unfortunately didn't take a screenshot but my base clock dropped to 0 and my power % also dropped to 0, it recovered though.
6. I used MSI afterburner to underclock my GPU to a reference 660 ti, same problem.
My pc specs are now in my signature thank you.