Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members, please remember to read the Forum Rules and the Posting Guide before posting for the first time!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sysfan2 - no speed control? MSI B75MA-E33  (Read 1072 times)

corb

• Neo
sysfan2 - no speed control? MSI B75MA-E33
« on: 03-January-13, 03:15:19 »

I have the  MSI B75MA-E33.  It seems that for the fan pins:

CPU Fan - Full PWM support - works great
SYS Fan1 - It seems you can only control speed from 50%-100%.  Any way to go lower than 50%?
Sys Fan2 - appears to have no speed control

My system is running very cool - I3 3200 with EVO Nvidia Kepler.   CPU stays in the 27 degree with CPU fan at 30% and sysfan1 at 50%.   I'd like to slow the fans down even more. 

I currently have a PWM y-cable on the CPU Fan with a CPU fan and a 140mm case fan attached running at 30%.  I have the second 140mm case fan on SYS Fan1 running at 50%.

hayabusafmw

• Winki
Re: sysfan2 - no speed control? MSI B75MA-E33
« Reply #1 on: 03-January-13, 03:21:34 »

do you have a fan bay controller knob??
Like me on the zalman z9 i can only control 2 out of the 6 i have lol
the rest i set it to ''intelligent mode'' which just turns up as the cpu temps go up...
Sucks that i can't control all of them because like you i have an average of 27C / 30 C which is very low but the case noise is considerably high

Froggy Gremlin

• Power Edition
« Reply #2 on: 03-January-13, 04:28:12 »

Only so many fan headers are controllable. This should be covered in the mainboards manual.

An aftermarket fan controller is often the best way to go for maximum control of the system fans.

Life Is Very Good Without Any Win 8/8.1, SSD's, RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

hayabusafmw

• Winki
« Reply #3 on: 03-January-13, 10:33:06 »

+1  what was said above

what do you think about automatic settings are they accurate?  so they turn on & off when needed

corb

• Neo
« Reply #4 on: 04-January-13, 00:48:19 »

Thanks for the responses.  The manual doesn't appear to have any description of the differences between the fan connectors.  I understand that not all the fan connectors will have control, but does it make sense that the Sysfan1 would only go from 50-100% or is there something I'm missing?  I don't want to put a fan controller in the system for a few reasons:  1) I'd rather utilize the CPU onboard temperature rather than an external probe, 2) I trust MSI reliability more than a 3rd party fan controller, 3) religion/purity - this is a really minimal build: just an HD, SDD, and 5" Nvidia Keplar card.  I can't really tell if the automatic settings are working because even if I run a tough 3D program, the CPU and GPU never get hot with the 140mm fan at 50%.  I do see their temps go up a few degrees, but not enough to trigger a  speed up the fan. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up