Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Why not utilise your system's redundant processing power for a worthy cause, and join the MSI HQ Red Rockets Folding@Home team?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI GT70 0NC-070NE problems with KLM and S-Bar after Live Update  (Read 1447 times)

MicHead

• Neo

Hey there.

Last night i decided to update my laptop with the newest drivers, so i launched Live Update and got startet.
When it was done with all of the updates, and had rebooted, both S-Bar and KLM wouldn't start. I clicked the button to have windows try and fix it online, but it didn't help.
After that i tried to update them to the newest version, and that didn't help either.
Is this a know issue, or am i just unlucky? Can it maby be solved with installing Win8, as im doing that in a few days from now?

mister_johnn

• Easy OC

Hey there.

Last night i decided to update my laptop with the newest drivers, so i launched Live Update and got startet.
When it was done with all of the updates, and had rebooted, both S-Bar and KLM wouldn't start. I clicked the button to have windows try and fix it online, but it didn't help.
After that i tried to update them to the newest version, and that didn't help either.
Is this a know issue, or am i just unlucky? Can it maby be solved with installing Win8, as im doing that in a few days from now?

Make sure you have installed also NET Framework before you use KLM and S-Bar and I really don't recommend to use Live Update, if you want to update your drivers to the latest just go to the manufacurer's website in download section. Don't forget to choose your version of windows before downloading!
http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GT70-0NC.html

darkhawk

• Global Moderator

Agreed with the above. Live Update isn't made for use with this notebook. Your best bet might actually be to do a system restore from a previous point (right before those updates got applied, if you have one).
MSI GT70 0NE
Core i7 3610
16 GB DDR3
2 x 240 GB Muskin Atlas Deluxe mSATA SSD's in SuperRaid
500 GB HDD
GTX680M with Core@980 MHz and Memory@2100 MHz
Asus Xonar U3 USB Sound Card for Optical Output and Dolby Digital upconverting
Windows 8 with Start8
Custom notebook cooler

This system runs at a cool 65C while playing the newest and most demanding games at highest settings possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up