Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BIOS Speaker won't work on MSI B75IA-E33  (Read 8721 times)

jc00kTopic starter

• CORPORAL
BIOS Speaker won't work on MSI B75IA-E33
« on: 14-March-13, 01:17:44 »

I can't get my BIOS speaker/buzzer to work on B75IA-E33. I know for sure that the speaker is perfectly fine and working.

Now the speaker has two wires, black and red. There is no marking whatsoever on the wire so I can't tell which is plus which is minus. On the board itself, the JFP2 connector has 4 pins, and according to the manual they're:
1. Speaker
2. VCC5
3. Speaker
4. VCC5

I've tried all of the following combinations with no success at all:
1. Red on pin 1, Black on pin 2
2. Black 1, Red 2
3. Black 1, Red 4
4. Red 1, Black 4
5. Red 1, Black 3
6. Black 1, Red 3
7. Black 3, Red 4
8. Red 3, Black 4

So what should I do next? And which one is supposed to be the right combination?

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
Re: BIOS Speaker won't work on MSI B75IA-E33
« Reply #1 on: 14-March-13, 02:12:00 »

The red wire goes on the pin with the red arrow pointing at it.

Keep in mind, some of the new BIOS's have disabled any POST or USB device connected beeps.
The Last Hoorah! I Had Retired From All This! Can't Believe I'm Really Doing A Platform Test One More Time!  :shocked:

Z97 Gaming 7, 4790k, Zalman CNPS9900Max-R, Corsair AX-850, Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800's, WD 600 SATA III V.Raptor, Lite-On iHAS 424, GTX 680's In SLI, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit    

Life Can Be Very Fulfilling Without Win 8/8.1, SSD's (Exception: Testing PCI-E M.2), RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

IXOYE

jc00kTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #2 on: 14-March-13, 02:55:32 »

Keep in mind, some of the new BIOS's have disabled any POST or USB device connected beeps.
How can I check whether it's enabled or not? I've checked the BIOS menu and can't find anything.

And my JFP2 does not look like that. It's like this, as taken from the manual at over here:

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #3 on: 14-March-13, 03:58:07 »

JFP2 1. Speaker, the positive pin for the 'red' wire, looks to be the lower left one. With a magnifier, you should see a + or a #1 or something to distinguish the pins from each other on that header. Honestly, the buzzer would probably still work even if it is connected backwards. You want to test the buzzer? Then take all the RAM out and try and start the system. You should then get some beeps. With modern systems, beeps are almost useless anyway. POST process checkdown codes if there is a problem are proving more useful.

How can I check whether it's enabled or not? I've checked the BIOS menu and can't find anything.

Then there is no setting for enable or disable of the JFP2 header. It would be enabled by default. Some UEFI/BIOS versions have modified the way the buzzer works or doesn't work.

The Last Hoorah! I Had Retired From All This! Can't Believe I'm Really Doing A Platform Test One More Time!  :shocked:

Z97 Gaming 7, 4790k, Zalman CNPS9900Max-R, Corsair AX-850, Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800's, WD 600 SATA III V.Raptor, Lite-On iHAS 424, GTX 680's In SLI, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit    

Life Can Be Very Fulfilling Without Win 8/8.1, SSD's (Exception: Testing PCI-E M.2), RAID, Current AMD GPU's, G.Skill RAM, Hackers, Crackers, & Crypto Mining!

IXOYE

jc00kTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #4 on: 14-March-13, 04:32:21 »

With the red wire on 1 and black on 4, I tried pulling the RAM out and it buzzed  :bonk:

Apparently my B75IA-E33 just won't buzz at start up. Are all modern motherboards like that?

Froggy Gremlin

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Master Air OC'er
« Reply #5 on: 14-March-13, 05:26:13 »

Many of them are without POST or USB device counting beeps anymore, as too many complained about the beeps being a nuisance.

IXOYE
Pages: [1]   Go Up