Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Forum FAQ contains answers to many frequently asked questions, please browse or search there before posting.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hard drive not being seen by bios  (Read 649 times)

Auract

• Neo
Hard drive not being seen by bios
« on: 16-March-13, 06:01:44 »

Currently I go into Aptio Setup Utility the moment I turn on the laptop. Going into the SATA Information and it doesn't see the hard drive at all.

Laptop: MSI Computer Corp. Notebook GT70 0NC-494US;9S7-176212-494 17.3-Inch Laptop

750GB SATA 7200RPM running Windows 8

I have tried going into Boot Configuration and Disabling Fast Boot to slow it down and figure out any reason to why it isn't being seen, but nothing gives me any info. SATA Mode Selection is set to AHCI and i've tried going to IDE and RAID, all 3 don't work. I got to busy at work over the last few months to sit down and register the product till now. Doing so put me 60days over a warranty and I'm guessing i'm unable to get that fixed that way right now.

I've got 24hours left before I void the warranty all together and open up the back to see if the hard drive got loose somehow and needs to be plugged back in. Even then I'd just buy a new hard drive and put it in myself.

Any ideas to help this problem I'd welcome any advice on the matter.

Auract

• Neo
Re: Hard drive not being seen by bios
« Reply #1 on: 16-March-13, 20:39:16 »

Sorry about the wrong forum section, was extremely tired when posting this.

Auract

• Neo
« Reply #2 on: 16-March-13, 21:19:59 »

Can Delete this thread if needed. Voided it and it seems the hard drive was not plugged in all the way....Figured.

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods
« Reply #3 on: 16-March-13, 22:09:47 »

Can Delete this thread if needed. Voided it and it seems the hard drive was not plugged in all the way....Figured.

Use  :smash2: next time :grin:

I've got 24hours left before I void the warranty

Opening the NB will not void the warranty if you didn't broke anything inside
Pages: [1]   Go Up