Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This is a User-to-User community forum run by MSI users for MSI users. If you need to contact MSI directly see: How to contact MSI

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming: Dead Board?  (Read 766 times)

Howsya

• Neo
MSI Z87-G45 Gaming: Dead Board?
« on: 09-June-13, 02:19:10 »

So i woke up this morning nice and early in excitement to get my shiny new computer rig with MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Series motherboard.
After it arrived i proceeded to strip out my current/old rig and prep it for the new system. Long story short after everything was installed and plugged in i pressed the power button and waited for my monitor to turn on so i could start setting the system up... and i waited. Nothing and so Power off.

So i tried the monitor attached to the mobo DVI-Port. Minus my GFX in the system. Still nothing.
Proceeded to check the mobo for power lights which all came back as ok. I had the nice purple lights coming from the Audio Boost block.
Checked all power connection which where fine.
Performed a CMOS reset (just in case) and nothing.
From this is i unplugged all SATA connections, so no HDD's or CD/DVD Drives could be causing an issue. Nothing still

By this point im starting to a get down as i was really looking forward to today. But proceeded to fault find some more.
I found the speaker that came with my Corsair Obsidian 800D and plugged it in thinking lets check for some errors that way.

Power on and. Nothing. No post, no audible sounds for errors. Power off

Ok time to MAKE a fault.

Unplugged the RAM and tried again. Nothing, no audible sound. Nada

In now stumped as to the problem and its driving a little loopy. Any suggestions/ideas/solutions would be really appriciated.

What i bought:

Intel Core i7-4770K
Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-19200C11 2400MHz Dual Channel
MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Series Intel Z87

What i have:

AMD Radeon 7970 Direct CU2
Corsair AX1200 PSU

If you need anything else let me know

XFM

• Marshall
  • PC troll
Re: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming: Dead Board?
« Reply #1 on: 09-June-13, 02:54:47 »

Remove it all from the case and then test with MB sitting on a plain brown pice of cardboard or box. While the parts are out check to see that the only MB mounting standoffs installed in the case are lined up properly for the mounting holes in the MB. Don't put it back in the case until you're sure it runs OK. Use minimum parts required for initial startup.  1 stick RAM, CPU and cooler, HDD you intend to install OS on & no others, optical drive you will be using to install the OS, leave graphics card out also and use integrated graphics.
Z77A-GD65 (B3)/BIOS 10.5, i7 2700K
Zalman CNPS9900A LED HSF
Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB CMY8GX3M2A1600C9A
W7 Home Premium/SP1 x64
Corsair TX650W +12V~52A (original version)
300GB WDVelociRaptor3000HLHX S-ATA 6.0
600GB WDVelociRaptor6000HLHX S-ATA 6.0
Lite-On CD/DVD S-ATA combo burner w/LightScribe
MSI 560 HAWK
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
DIYPC Solar-M1-G Black SECC case
HANNS-G HE245 monitor
Pages: [1]   Go Up