Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Why not utilise your system's redundant processing power for a worthy cause, and join the MSI HQ Red Rockets Folding@Home team?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 8.1 Build 9431 and MSI z77a-GD65 GAMING KILLER NETWORK Drivers not insta  (Read 7912 times)

Grisleeper

• Neo

Hi Guys Im running Windows 8.1 Build 9431 on my MSI z77a-GD65 Setup but when I try install the Killer network Drivers I get the Following Popup "Your hardware is not supported on this Windows Version. The installer can not continue." I'm confined to running internet through a 3G USB Modem at the Moment and my speeds SUCK  :bonk:

Thanks For the time Guys

Grim

flobelix

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Lightning!
    • event.msi.com/vga/lightning/

Well as you are using a beta release of 8.1 and no final version the issue is surely related to that. Switch back to official Win8 and retry.
MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX (MS-7815) Bios 1.7B4
Core i7 4770K (C0) @ 4300.54 MHz, 1.216V
Corsair H110 Liquid CPU Cooler
2*4GB ADATA AX3U2000GC4G9B-2G (1:8) 1066.8 MHz (DDR3-2133) @ 10-11-11-28-2T 1.54v
2*MSI GTX 780Ti GAMING 3G @ 1210/3500 (SLI) 
256GB Samsung 830 SSD + 250GB Samsung 840 EVO
Corsair HX1050 +12V: 87.5A • +3.3V: 30A • +5V: 30A
Windows 8.1 Pro

Grisleeper

• Neo

Yeh it works fine on normal windows but then on normal Windows 8 and 7 for that matter I cant Play any Origin Based games like battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3 because I cant install them. Some stupid Origin error when finalizing install. This is the first Windows that gave me no hassles besides this one . But even so might be a deal breaker.

xmad

• MSI HQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Salisbury MD

Don't understand what you mean, is it working fine with the full release driver?

Might want to try updating the bios then trying the beta driver again.
>>Beta BIOSes<<

Perhaps there has been a LAN firmware update along the way.
New:
Board MSI Z77 Mpower
Bios: Latest Official
VGA   MSI GTX 760
PSU:  Corsair GS700
Intel Core I7-3770K
MEM: Corsair 2133 2x4gb CL: 9 Dominator Platinum
500GB HHD
COOLER: Zalman 9900
OC: (Turbo)4.5Gh
Ram: 2133Mhz 1.55v
CL 9

Board: X79A-GD65 (8D)
Bios: 4.6
CPU: Intel 3930k Hexa-Core
Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4gb 2133 CL:9
Vid: GTX 780TI 3GB in SLI
PSU: Corsair AX1200I
Cooler: Corsair 80I
SSD: Corsair Neutron GTX 240 GB SSD
Startech Raid Controller Card
HDD: 2x Seagate 500gb 7200 in Raid 0
HDD: 2x Seagate 1tb 7200 in Raid 0
Corsair Link
Corsair H-100I Cooler

peddler

• Neo

I'm have a GT70 20D , I have installed W8.1 on my 3rd pysical drive, I also cannot install the Killer driver however the drivers in WIN8.1 drive the wireless just fine , no problems with any connectivity issues

tks

Ped

charvels4me

• Neo

last night  i popped out my msi z87m-g43 due to lack of of forward thinking and jumping on a newegg deal. Got a g65 from amazon.
install went great, was gonna go with a clean install of 8.1 (MSDN via CET program at CFCC) but decided to go unclean for :censored: s and giggles
went well and was surprised
except for Ethernet... big red X and the proverbial ! in device manager
tried killer drivers got the same error message ... formatted..new 8.0 ...all good but still no Ethernet   ..hardware unsupported.. googled ...downloaded..it went from way cool to rat in a maze

ya know how ya get ... spent a couple of hours with cable management... already :censored:ed at myself for saving a few bucks when in the long run i went large anyway ... so i wiped and went with win 7 sp1 pro, all was ok ....  i have internet access, sli ...... cool but it's 4 am, but its win 7 and i am one of the few who like 8.1 ( it's like Linux learning curve experience)

this morning ...on an outside the box , first cup of coffee, thought , i popped in my 8.1 disk and upgraded ..audios to all and crossed my fingers

well ...it worked ...why ? no clue.
 is the actual Killer ethernet software  working ..NO. do i care right now .. not really.. give me a viable 8.0-8.1 driver for my ethernet controller.

This was an extreme example and i how i got it to work...was fun and frustrating at the same time...not a know it all, and still irritated that bios will not let me do the win 8 thing due to my gtx 660's not being certified or whatever ... again do not care right now...
have page file's, ram disk , steam, ubi and a whole bunch of other crap to do
 hope this helps

len

flobelix

• Global Moderator
  • Lightning!

charvels4me & peddler,

this is not your thread and it is not about your board/notebook. Start your own threads.
2*4GB ADATA AX3U2000GC4G9B-2G (1:8) 1066.8 MHz (DDR3-2133) @ 10-11-11-28-2T 1.54v
Windows 8.1 Pro

xAbArx

• Neo

Hi i want to upgrade w8 pro 64bit to w8.1 pro full my worry now the killer network driver is working with it..bcoz the last time i try w8.1 preview the driver killer network cant installl. tQ :gg:

flobelix

• Global Moderator
  • Lightning!

Quite bold to hijack a thread just after my post telling the two who tried before that they mustn't hijack the thread. For your own issue start your own thread: >>Please read and comply with the Forum Rules.<<

charvels4me & peddler,

this is not your thread and it is not about your board/notebook. Start your own threads.
Windows 8.1 Pro

jldevoy

• Neo

The killer network drivers are still broken for win8.1

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
    • MSI BIOS/EC-FW Mods

this don't depend of MSI, msi don't make killer drivers
report it at: http://www.killergaming.com/support/Submit_a_Ticket

macmert

• Winki

I have a similar issue, I just upgraded my windows 8 to windows 8.1 and I uninstalled my killer manager and now I cannot install it since there are no drivers for 8.1 as of yet... How am I supposed to connect to internet via cable? I can only work with wireless right now and I'm constantly getting micro disconnections, MMO's like The Secret World are unplayable right now... I didn't have any issues with win8 but now I'm stuck...

njuub

• Neo

I have exactly the same problem.

I'm not sure if this is Killer Driver Issue. The drivers on killer drivers webpage are for windows 8/8.1 but for some reason error appears "Your hardware is not supported on this Windows Version. The installer can not continue."

btw. my motherboard is Z87-GD65

macmert

• Winki

I have exactly the same problem.

I'm not sure if this is Killer Driver Issue. The drivers on killer drivers webpage are for windows 8/8.1 but for some reason error appears "Your hardware is not supported on this Windows Version. The installer can not continue."

btw. my motherboard is Z87-GD65

install latest drivers from: http://www.killergaming.com/support/driverdownloadsupport
Installer/Software Suite: 1.0.36.1277

Wireless driver:
   Win7/Win8: 10.0.1.263
   Win8.1:    10.0.1.268

E2200 driver: 8.0.2.42
BWC driver: 3.0.0.3
BT suite: 8.0.1.306

Changes:
-   Updated Win8.1 Wifi drivers to WHQL 10.0.1.268
-   Updated Bluetooth Suite to 8.0.1.306
-   Added Software version printing to KillerDiagnose

This is the answer Svet provided for me, these drivers work, but now I'm having connection issues, the net connection is lost for a few seconds although the reception bars are always full... I wasn't getting any disconnection issues but after updating to windows 8.1 the micro disconnections are unbearable... I'll switch to trusty old windows 7, not even windows 8...

njuub

• Neo

these are wireless drivers. I do not use wi-fi on my PC. I have old Killer Network Drivers which I installed in Windows 8 (prior 8.1 update). I wanted to update the Killer Network drivers to latest one in Windows 8.1 and I'm getting the error. I tried to install old drivers but same error appears. I had to use restore point in order to resolve it but still I cannot update the drivers.

njuub

• Neo

Actually I think I'm wrong. E2200 are new release and are suppose to be better than E2100. I'm not sure why E2100 were included on the msi installation disc instead of E2200. Will test E2200 tomorrow.

njuub

• Neo

I was wrong. Sorry for the confusion. Installed E2200 and all is working fine. If you are experiencing problems you can follow what I did.

1) Uninstall Killer Network Drivers from Control Panel (My uninstall hung at the end on process "Copying new files". I closed it in Task Manager)
2) Reboot PC
3) Run Killer™ Cleaner (Download it from http://www.killergaming.com/driverlists/KillerCleaner_64bit.exe) - It will remove Killer Network Drivers completely from your PC, even if your uninstall didn't complete successfully like mine.
4) Reboot PC
5) Install latest E2200 drivers (Download it from http://www.killergaming.com/driverlists/KillerSuite_v2_1.0.36.1278_Win7_Win8_Win81.exe)
6) Reboot PC

Please note the download links are for 64 bit version, if you do not have Windows 64 you have to choose 32 bit from http://www.killergaming.com/support/driverdownloadsupport

Hope that will help someone in the future.
Cheers!

gedde570

• Neo

I was wrong. Sorry for the confusion. Installed E2200 and all is working fine. If you are experiencing problems you can follow what I did.

1) Uninstall Killer Network Drivers from Control Panel (My uninstall hung at the end on process "Copying new files". I closed it in Task Manager)
2) Reboot PC
3) Run Killer™ Cleaner. It will remove Killer Network Drivers completely from your PC, even if your uninstall didn't complete successfully like mine.
4) Reboot PC
5) Install latest E2200 drivers
6) Reboot PC

Please note the download links are for 64 bit version, if you do not have Windows 64 you have to choose 32 bit

Hope that will help someone in the future.
Cheers!

This solved the issue for me. After hours of frustration to the point whereas I almost ripped my hair out of my scalp, you saved the day. I registered ONLY to tell you how grateful I am.

I cannot begin to thank you enough. You're the pillar of the online communities need. Thank you so very, very much. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up