Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members, please remember to read the Forum Rules and the Posting Guide before posting for the first time!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old MSI all-in-one wireless connectivity problem  (Read 334 times)

Souwesterly

• Neo
Old MSI all-in-one wireless connectivity problem
« on: 19-September-13, 14:34:53 »

Hi folks,
Hope someone can help - if only by sending me somewhere else!

I have a reasonably old MSI all-in-one model MS-6633 (NetON AP 1900) which I bought new perhaps 6 or 7 years ago.
I'm running it wirelessly, connected via a TP-Link Powerline Ethernet Adaptor.  My main PC is wired to a TalkTalk modem.

For some reason it's recently been disconnecting itself from the internet, although, by going to 'connect to' I can usually fairly quickly regain the internet connection.
I've spoken to TalkTalk and their tech guy ran 20 minutes of tests - at the end of which he said that there was nothing wrong with my internet connection or any other equipment leading to my PC......so the problem must be in the MSI unit.
Mind you, I don't entirely trust him - would he tell me if I was getting brief disconnections caused by a fault at their end?

He gave me the MSI number (0870 8200 009) - which always comes up with a "we're busy" automated answer - and I don't know what else to do.

Can anyone help; tell me what I need to do, or redirect me to somewhere useful.
Thank you

Crash2009

• Neo
Re: Old MSI all-in-one wireless connectivity problem
« Reply #1 on: 20-September-13, 03:33:46 »

Have you tried removing and re-installing the drivers for the wireless?

What O/S are you running?

Do you have automatic updates turned on?

TalkTalk is that U.K.?  also, what kind of modem is that, Dialup? DSL? Cable?

Souwesterly

• Neo
Re: Old MSI all-in-one wireless connectivity problem
« Reply #2 on: 21-September-13, 00:38:33 »

Hi there - glad someone cares!!!
Yep - definitely in the UK - whether I like it or not!
Right - O/S is Windows XP Home edition
Automated updates are always turned on....
Connection to the phone line is by router
I considered removing and re-installing the drivers, but thought I'd ask around first.....

Actually, yesterday I did a clean-up which hadn't been done for ages.
The computer concerned is my spare/back-up, which my wife uses at present and I do tend to forget to do any housekeeping on it though, but  ever since I worked it over, (cookies, temp files, etc removed) there's been no problem with the internet connection.
I'm not taking the kudos - I just thought I'd do it and just perhaps, it's solved the problem.

However, if anyone knows of a better way to ensure that the computer remains connected, I'd love to hear from you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up