Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Forum FAQ contains answers to many frequently asked questions, please browse or search there before posting.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Killer Network drivers Windows 8.1 problem  (Read 1312 times)

Meganium78

• Neo
Killer Network drivers Windows 8.1 problem
« on: 19-October-13, 18:59:08 »

I upgraded my windows 8 system to 8.1 yesterday, but since then the driver for my Killer Network card, from my Z87-G45 motherboard, been having issues. I downloaded the latest driver, but it gave an error when trying to install. I de-installed my older drive to try a clean install of the driver, thinking that I had my driver cd to go back to the old driver if anything went wrong. The latest driver wasn't compatible with my current operating system, and the older version from the driver cd wouldn't install either. Is a windows 8.1 compatible driver available? I would be able to download it on another device and transfer it via USB. Is downgrading to windows 8 possible without losing all of my files?
I hope to have fixed this problem as soon as possible.

jldevoy

• Neo
Re: Killer Network drivers Windows 8.1 problem
« Reply #1 on: 21-October-13, 23:06:26 »

I had same issue on the g65 gaming, the only fix was to rollback windows 8.1 to before it uninstalled the network drivers. This killer network system seems to be a lot more hassle than it's worth...shame there's no option to just run bog standard ethernet.

rush

• Neo
Re: Killer Network drivers Windows 8.1 problem
« Reply #2 on: 18-November-13, 23:02:10 »

Try to install the killer driver only, not the whole package with softs and some useless tools..
Pages: [1]   Go Up