Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Using GSKILL ram and having ANY issues? Read Here first  (Read 118932 times)

G.Skill Support

• Company Representative
  • G.Skill Support
Re: Using GSKILL ram and having ANY issues? Read Here first
« Reply #100 on: 21-October-14, 15:36:39 »

DblCrsOvr,

Complete the RMA form online: http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Once you get the RMA information, send the RAM to us and we will have a new kit out to you immediately. If you are in the USA, typical turn around time is a week, even quicker if you are near California.

kmleong,

The motherboard and CPU is a good combination, but as far as reaching DDR3-1600+, that is up to your ability. It requires manual BIOS configuration and it may not be easy for some people. Of course we will be here to help if you need it. Worst case scenario, you can set it to DDR3-1600 and it should work fine. For end performance, take a look at the G.Skill Trident X DDR3-1866 or DDR3-2133 kits:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231623&cm_re=gskill_trident_x_1866-_-20-231-623-_-Product

This one has a very good promo right now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231617&cm_re=gskill_trident_x_2133-_-20-231-617-_-Product

hartrule,

You can definitely try DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 1.50V to see if that works better. Did you manually input DDR3-2133 11-11-11-30 1.50V? How about try the XMP profile? The RAM should work well with that motherboard with the settings configure properly. Let us know how it goes!

McPaste

• PRIVATE E-2
  • undervolter
« Reply #101 on: 24-October-14, 21:43:51 »

DDR4 issue.  I recently built a MSI X99 board (X99S XPOWER AC) with a 5960X processor and 16 Gb (4x4Gb)GSkill RAM (F4-2800C16-4GRK).  Works fine under stock conditions but when I load the XMP profile it won't boot.  Any similar solutions for this DDR4 issue?
 :confused2:

G.Skill Support

• Company Representative
  • G.Skill Support
« Reply #102 on: 27-October-14, 17:53:28 »

McPaste,

Can you email me screen shots of your BIOS? I can check to see if there is anything detected incorrectly. Also, try manual settings to see if it works better. Ie., set the DRAM Frequency, timings, and voltage.

ustech@gskillusa.com

I'll be able to help you directly to see what we can achieve with that motherboard. Not all motherboards can handle the extreme frequencies just yet, but I'll be glad to work on it with you.

G.Skill Support

• Company Representative
  • G.Skill Support

Success with McPaste

MSI X99S XPOWER + i7-5960X + G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-16GRK

BIOS v1.3

XMP enabled, CPU SA Voltage 1.20V

tgeyser

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #104 on: 02-November-14, 05:59:34 »

HI , all, new to forum, but here's what I got I recently had to get new board , since my Asrock board BIOS was jacked up, so anyways , I have 32 gigs of GSKILL 1866 Memory which is supported for the MSI X79A GD 45 board which I got to replace the Asrock board, below is what i'm running into.

-I fully populated all DIMM slots and once turned on the System will come up REV up the FAN's than they go low , than it will shutdown, it will continue to to do this same sequence.

-Now with the above said I took out all but 4 sticks, I left 4 sticks in 1, 3, 5, and 7 DIMM slots and I was able to get in, load OS on and get everything updated but that clearly doesn't resolve why I cant see all 32 GIGS of memory I tried few extra steps like the tri channel descriptions and one more that is in the user guide but no go , has any one run into this? please help, I have submitted ticket to MSI on this just wondering if anyone has run into this any help would be great.

-The BIOS is the latest V17.8

-The CPU is the 3930K

G.Skill Support

• Company Representative
  • G.Skill Support
« Reply #105 on: 03-November-14, 13:54:26 »

Hi tgeyser

So you have a 8 x 4GB kit?

Did you test the other half of 4 modules to see if they also work properly?

Are you testing them with AUTO default settings or XMP or manual settings?

If both halves of 4 sticks at DDR3-1866 or with XMP enabled, we should be able to get all 32GB to work correctly. Let us know how it goes. If you would like, email me directly to prevent flooding this thread. ustech@gskillusa.com

Thanks

tgeyser

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #106 on: 03-November-14, 16:17:20 »

OK.. I didn't do enough memory scenarios, turns out one of my sticks of memory is BAD, right now , i'm running the memory in triple channel mode with 24 GIGs of memory , since i can'tn do quad channel until i buy another stick, since i know this memory is more than likely not in warranty anymore since it is been 2 years since i bought it. The memory is running in the XMP mode so I am getting the 1866 frequency.

Thanks for the help GSKILL...

zahl

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #107 on: 04-November-14, 12:18:07 »

Hey guys, found this by searching for MSI and g.skill issues and hope i can get some help. Would it be possible to get the complete list of rated timings for the F3-2133C9D-16GXH kit so i can enter them manually? I am about to try them at 1600 but would like to get them running at full rated speed. How can i tell if it is the cpu or ram dying out?

My problems are crashing in gaming. Prime95 forced to use 15gb passes for hours but games like guild wars 2 crash when lots on screen and memtest I guess dies overnight because my screen is black in the morning.

Symptoms in guild wars 2;
ram at xmp 1.6v = sound loop crashes but can send file to gw2 team
ram @ xmp 1.65v = desktop crash, no warning or option to send crash
ram @ xmp forced 1866 (2N) = crash with option to send
ram at manual 1600 (2N) = currently testing

Specs;
4790k@stock
msi z97 mpower max ac (bios 1.6)
16gb g.skill ( F3-2133C9D-16GXH )
samsung 840 evo 250gb
2x amd 290
soundblaster z
evga supernova 1000w

Thanks

G.Skill Support

• Company Representative
  • G.Skill Support
« Reply #108 on: 04-November-14, 12:44:27 »

Hi tgeyser

You have G.Skill! We protect you from defects for life! Send it in to us and we can send you a new one right away for quad channel!  :biggthumbsup:

Here is the RMA page to complete:
http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Hi zahl,

Email me directly and I'll be glad to help you set that up. ustech@gskillusa.com

Test each stick with XMP enabled in DIMM2 to see if they can work properly. Then I will be able to further help you via email at that time.

Thanks!

zahl

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #109 on: 07-November-14, 11:50:32 »

Thanks but I believe I have fixed the issues and then some. I took the pc completely apart, dusted everything, put it back together and all is well. Even xmp profile 2 is rock solid which I believe runs even faster timings and I got the cpu to 4.7ghz with ease! Passes ever test I have thrown at it.
Maybe it was grounding off somewhere or a spec of dust got somewhere while I was putting it together the first time  :embarassed:

Xemko

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #110 on: 08-November-14, 18:06:01 »

Hello!
Spec : x99s SLI plus (bios 1.3), i7 5820k, g.skill Ripjaws 4 F4-3000C15Q-16GRR.I think I have a pretty similar question, as mentioned above by McPaste. 

Works fine under stock conditions but when I load the XMP profile it won't boot.

I'll gladly provide any further information, if needed.

Thanks!

zahl

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #111 on: 10-November-14, 08:14:17 »

Spoke too soon. Neither stick passes memtest overnight xmp in slot 2. And its still not stable at 1600MHz no xmp.
Could this be the cpu? I notice the board has been feeding the vring 1.2v (auto volts) since I bought it and I see that 1.2v is the max before it goes red. Could my cpu be damaged and what is the stock vring on the these 4790's?

G.Skill Support

• Company Representative
  • G.Skill Support
« Reply #112 on: 10-November-14, 13:11:20 »

zahl, Xemko,

I'll help you guys directly via email. Just sent you guys messages.

Thanks

zahl

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #113 on: 23-November-14, 03:37:44 »

Thanks but bios v1.7 on the z97 mpower max ac took care of all issues. Passed 8 hours asus realbench and 11 hours of memtest using xmp profile 2. No voltage adjustments/tweaking was necessary at all.
Many thanks for the help and msi for the nice new bios

PS. Ram used is F3-2133C9D-16GXH

walxar

• CORPORAL
« Reply #114 on: 25-November-14, 06:51:07 »

I wonder if the fact that the system clock is at the time of the previous day ' s the same error associated with memories or different ? newly bought replace the battery and let the message until a week ago.
Main Board: MSI Z97 U3 Plus
Bios Version: 1.8
Video Card: EVGA GTX 770
PSU: Corsair TX 850 
12v rail Rating of listed PSU:
CPU: i5 4690K
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8
HDD: Hitachi 250 GB
CPU COOLER: Corsair h55
Raid Card:
Sound Card:
Any Additional hardware plugged into your system:
OC: No
Operating System: Windows 8.1

MSIMatt

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #115 on: 29-November-14, 15:32:24 »

Thanks, I set those values last night and have yet to encounter a problem. I am going to slowly rack up the OC on CPU until I start to have issues, and then back it off to a functioning level.

Unfortunately I started to get some stability issues when I used the following settings:
DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 1.50V

I am now back to complete defaults for everything. How can I go about troubleshooting this? Thanks!

For reference, my hardware is as follows:
- MSI Z97-G45 (BIOS is the default that was installed when I bought it ~July).
- 4 x 8 GB G.Skill Ares DDR3 1866
- i7-4770K
- Zotac 4GB 770 GTX

punisher1

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #116 on: 08-December-14, 13:05:20 »

Does this thread apply to DDR4 RAM? I am having an issue with my g.skill DDR4 RAM and X99S XPOWER motherboard. I am just going to copy paste my post from over on g skill and hope to get relevant answers.

F4-3000C15Q-32GRK RAM kit
i7-5960X
MSI X99S XPOWER AC motherboard.

My symptoms are somewhat random. They could be any of the following:

Not all RAM is detected. Only 28GB detected one time, another time only 20GB detected. Always detects 32GB in 2133MHz mode.
Computer powers on, then powers off after 8 seconds. Requires CMOS reset.
Computer powers on, and loads fully, or partially into BIOS settings screen, freezes, and powers off.
Computer powers on, but hangs at some point during Windows loading screen before desktop comes up.
Loads fully into desktop, but BSODs quickly into a "page fault in nonpaged area".

I have a similar issue with my Mpower X99S and an I7-5930K and Gskill 32GB DDR4-2400. I have not really messed with it yet I will report back.

32GB detected and either only 28.9GB or 20.9GB usable. Computer powers on, but hangs at some point during Windows loading screen before desktop comes up. This only seems to be an occasional issue at the moment. The Win8 loading screen pops up, then screen goes black and keyboard/mouse lose power and the system hangs, the bios postcode at that point reads 34-35-36 however I think that is the CPU temp and not an actual debug code.

gskillsupport

• Company Representative
« Reply #117 on: 09-December-14, 16:31:46 »

Sorry for late response, but I was unable to update my other forum account (G.Skill Support) due to Ajax error on the main web site, so I am locked out of that account it seems.

MSIMatt,

Try updating to the latest BIOS. If you can , send some pictures/screen shots and I can check to see if anything is detected incorrectly.
Do you know if any individual modules are stable above DDR3-1333?

My email address is ~ ustech at gskillusa.com

punisher1,

There is some missing capacity, sounds like 3GB is shared by other hardware.

Try boosting CPU Voltage and/or SA Voltage to see if that helps improve stability. Feel free to email me and let me know the result.

Thanks!

MSIMatt

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #118 on: 10-December-14, 01:26:24 »

Sorry for late response, but I was unable to update my other forum account (G.Skill Support) due to Ajax error on the main web site, so I am locked out of that account it seems.

MSIMatt,

Try updating to the latest BIOS. If you can , send some pictures/screen shots and I can check to see if anything is detected incorrectly.
Do you know if any individual modules are stable above DDR3-1333?

Thanks! I have sent you an email to avoid clogging up this thread with my specific issues (I also started a separate thread: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=251097.new;topicseen#new).

Regarding updating the BIOS, is this the way to go: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=108079.msg800577#msg800577 ?

Thanks!

awoogawar

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #119 on: 21-December-14, 22:14:26 »

Hello,

I'm not sure if it is related but I figure it may be worth exploring. I have a MSI Z97-Gaming 5 LGA 1150 board which based on all my trouble shooting I've deemed dead on arrival. My system would briefly power up for no more than 2 seconds and then automatically shut down while showing a 00 on the LCD (additionally, not even the standby LED would come on). I tested out the PS on another system, checked the case connectors, reseated the components, tried to reset the BIOS via the jumper and CMOS, remove components one by one to see if they may be the culprit but the result was all the same.

What I apparently failed to research while buying parts for my build was the memory compatibility with the mother board. I have G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2133, model F3-2133C11D-16GXL which is no where to be found on the compatibility list. On one hand I'd be surprised if this is what is preventing a boot up but the apparent problems with G.Skill RAM is making me wonder. Could this an actual possibility?

I've already started an RMA on the mobo but at the same time I'm thinking I may toss in the RAM kit and exchange it for F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL just for peace of mind (lest I find myself back here once everything is running and asking for advice on how to alter the settings for stability :undecided: ). I'm not sure if I overlooked it, but are there no dual channel 16 gb kits from G-Skill that are compatible with the Gaming 5?

Specs are:
Intel Core i7-4790K
GIGABYTE GV-N980G1 GAMING-4GD GTX 980
MSI Z97-Gaming 5 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) Model F3-2133C11D-16GXL
SAMSUNG 850 Pro 512GB SSD
Fractal Design Newton R3 FD-PSU-NT3W-1000W
Main Board: MSI Gaming 5
Bios Version: N/A
Video Card: Gigabtye GTX 980
PSU:Newton R3 FD-PSU-NT3W-1000W   
12v rail Rating of listed PSU: 80 Amp
CPU: Intel 4790k
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2133 Model F3-2133C11D-16GXL
SSD/ HDD: Samsung 850
CPU COOLER: Stock
Raid Card:none
Sound Card: none
OC: No
Operating System:N/A

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #120 on: 22-December-14, 06:18:00 »

@awoogawar
The fact that certain RAM kit isn't included on the compatibility list doesn't mean it's incompatible. It's DDR3 for no matter, so there is no reason why shouldn't it be compatible. Compatibility list is just set of kits/components tested and approved to work, those which are not on the list are not approved to work but doesn't mean they won't work.
You had to get a bad board, and I suggest you wait for new one before you replace current RAM kit with different one.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

Errors are red, My screen is blue .I think I deleted, System32.
99% of issues would be solved if people would read the manual first.

sebamdm

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #121 on: 06-January-15, 08:40:06 »

Tried the initial post and it didn't fix my problem.

Problem is this:  I have 4x Sticks of G.Skill Ram, specs as follows:  F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL (aka DDR3 1866 CL9 10 9 28 1.5V XMP PC3-14900.

Out of four Ram slots, only the 2 closest to the CPU work.  I can fill these 2 up without any issues, and I can use ANY combination of the four Ram sticks I have in these two slots.

The instant I use either of the other two slots, I get an error " 2b ".  (Took me ages to figure that one out, kept on thinking it was 26 )

Thus out of the 16G I have, I can only have 8G operational.  All parts listed below (with exception of the ram) were purchased yesterday.  Ram still works perfectly in my other system.

MSI Z97 Gamer 7
Bios Revision 1.4 upgraded to 1.5 (in hopes it would help).
Intel I5 4690K
Coolermaster Nepton 280XL Water Cooler
Coolermaster Haf 902 Evo Lan Box
Coolermaster Vanguard 1000W Power Supply
Windows 10 running on a SSD, Plus a few other non-relevant drives, fan controllers and fans.
Inno3D 660 TI.   (I have a MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G on Pre-order atm which I will swap in upon arrival).

As well as changing the Bios to the settings listed in the first post, I have also changed them to the values my Ram is rated at on the stickers.  Both result in 2b error messages the instant I use either of the other slots.

As of yet I have not experienced a single BSOD despite using Windows 10 and G.Skill Ram. Really my only issue is not being able to use more than 2 Ram slots.

I got the same error with these memories, same CPU but MSI MOBO MPower Z97
can't use dual channel beacuse just work on socket 1 and 2

gskillsupport

• Company Representative
« Reply #122 on: 06-January-15, 14:23:54 »

Double check CPU installation. See if the CPU socket pins are perfect. Any slight difference can cause a problem. If problem persists, most likely it is a defective motherboard that needs to be replaced. Swap it with a new replacement and the memory should work fine in dual channel.

sebamdm

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #123 on: 08-January-15, 07:32:23 »

Double check CPU installation. See if the CPU socket pins are perfect. Any slight difference can cause a problem. If problem persists, most likely it is a defective motherboard that needs to be replaced. Swap it with a new replacement and the memory should work fine in dual channel.

thank a lot work for me, re check all components and re install CPU , Memories and reset BIOS

gskillsupport

• Company Representative
« Reply #124 on: 08-January-15, 13:22:45 »

Great to hear. Some times it takes a couple tries, re-installing, double checking, and just making sure everything is correctly in place. Luckily you were able to adjust it and take care of it. In some cases the hardware can burn out and cause bigger headaches.  :shocked:

king3412

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #125 on: 19-January-15, 02:53:01 »

Intel 5820
MSI X99S SLI Plus
G Skill Ripjaw DDR4 2666

For some reason my computer will not post when I try to go quad channel. Everything runs perfectly when the ram is only in 1,3, and 5. But as soon as I put the final stick in slot 7, I get a black screen on boot and nothing else.

There is no dust. Everything is installed properly. The bios is updated to the latest version.

gskillsupport

• Company Representative
« Reply #126 on: 19-January-15, 17:01:45 »

Have you tried the other set of slots?

duddnd111000

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #127 on: 07-February-15, 14:30:59 »

I have the same problem to king3412.

Please see https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=253043.0

chris.mountford21

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #128 on: 21-March-15, 04:21:05 »

Hey, first off I am using:
Windows 8.1
Intel Core i5 4690K
MSI Z97 GAMING 5 Intel Z97
8GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600Mhz
Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD-RW
650W EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1
4GB Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3 OC
WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue
Crucial CT240M500SSD1
24" Asus VG248QE

My issue is that my GPU kept crashing in games with or without kernel errors, sent that to get RMA'd, turned out that my GPU isn't faulty. However I have now changed the RAM timings, I am unable to test this but would it be a cause for my problem?

gskillsupport

• Company Representative
« Reply #129 on: 25-March-15, 14:36:57 »

Not quite sure what you mean.. but if you changed the RAM timings, you can stress test or run some games to see if the system is stable.

For that motherboard, CPU, and RAM, enable XMP Profile in BIOS and everything should run smoothly at full speed. Let us know how it goes!

theelspawn

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #130 on: 26-May-15, 05:06:09 »

Hi Everybody ! (French here, so in advance: my bad for the horrible grammar)

I'm having some weird BSOD (0x124) wich I can't take care of: MemTested (stick by stick, and both together), Temp Checking, Furmark, OCCT, disconnecting components, fresh install of Win7 and even Win10... I've tested everything on my list. Then I was thinking, hey, maybe the MB ?
Saw the problem with Antheros Qualcomm Service, take car of (thx by the way !!).
Saw this thread No problems for setting LINK Memory Type, and DDR3-PC1600.

With theses two things I can bring my BSOD down to 1 in 10. (In fact, everytime I'm was going on a steam game description,BSOD appeared, and now with all this, BSOD appears only 1 in 10 !!! Closing in to resolve my problems :agrees:)

But I have some trouble to set the latencies (9-9-9-24), and I wanted to test that, maybe it's my last cause of BSOD. When settings things up, the computer reboot and the bios tells me that the OC preset is incorrect. Chooses are to load default values or go to setup. I'm I missing something to do this ?
Or maybe someone can bring me up another CAS latency config wich seems to be "more stable" (auto = 11-11-11-28)

Config :
MB :MSI Z87-G45 GAMING (MS-7821) 1.0
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Ram: G.Skill de 8 Go * 2 1600MHZ Aegis Low Voltage CAS11
Power Supply: Seasonic Platinium 660w Modular
SSD :Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500G SCSI Disk Device
HDD: ST3000DM 001-1CH166 SCSI Disk Device en NTFS
DVD: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB SCSI CdRom Device

gskillsupport

• Company Representative
« Reply #131 on: 27-May-15, 12:35:08 »

Memtest one stick at a time to see if one has errors. If both are error free, post a picture of BIOS settings and we can take a look.

The RAM you have is 11-11-11, not 9-9-9

If you boost DRAM Voltage, you may be able to stabilize 9-9-9

Let us know how it goes.

theelspawn

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #132 on: 28-May-15, 02:07:50 »

Thx for replying !
Yep, both are error free, as I said in my post, already tested stick by stick, then both together.

In fact I don't want to "boost" anything, no OC here. I just want to get rid of my BSOD, so wanted to try the 9-9-9 latency as I saw in the first topic.
But if you think 11-11-11 will be more stable, I will stay with that :)

Wich setting do you need for the picture, cas latencies ?

RemusM

• Memory Expert
  • LIEUTENANT COLONEL
    • Necromanthus
« Reply #133 on: 28-May-15, 02:41:11 »

Ram: G.Skill de 8 Go * 2 1600MHZ Aegis Low Voltage CAS11

In fact I don't want to "boost" anything, no OC here. I just want to get rid of my BSOD, so wanted to try the 9-9-9 latency as I saw in the first topic.
But if you think 11-11-11 will be more stable, I will stay with that :)

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-1600c11d-16gisl
Tested Latency :   11-11-11-28-2N    
Tested Voltage :   1.35v

He already told you that if you want 9-9-9-24 you need to boost the voltage to 1.50-1.55V
But stability with tight timings is not guaranteed.
 :beerchug:

Mainboard: HC85
Processor: Zilog Z80 3.5MHz
System RAM: 48KB
Video RAM: 16KB (only 6912 bytes are used for Pixel Shader effects)
Video Card: integrated (16 colors)
PSU: 5V/3A

note: NO overclocking!

ricbarrett

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #134 on: 28-May-15, 20:12:46 »

Here are the specs for my new system (about 3 weeks old) and I have been having issues with games, Photoshop and Illustrator crashing, drives missing and very strange behaviour in Ableton Live 9 Suite since day 1. It has been driving me crazy. Can anyone tell me what the best timings would be for the memory I am using (I'm a bit new to all this over-clocking business)? Also, if the settings outlined here don't solve my problem, what would be the best memory to replace those sticks with?

MSI MPOWER X99S
INTEL | CORE I7 5820K 3.3G 15M R
4 x 4GB | GSKILL F4-3000C15Q-16GRR R
2 x ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Strix DirectCU II 4GB
1 x M.2 SAMSUNG MZ-N5E500BW RTL
2 x Samsung 500GB SSD 850 EVO
Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300w 80 Plus Gold
Corsair Graphite Series 780T Full Tower ATX Case

gskillsupport

• Company Representative
« Reply #135 on: 29-May-15, 16:21:04 »

Best timings are always on the RAM itself. Those are the values tested, guaranteed, and certified by the manufacturer.

For G.Skill RipJaws 4 model F4-3000C15Q-16GRR,

tCL 15 - tRCD 15 - tRP 15 - tRAS 35

DRAM Voltage 1.35V

First, make sure you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard. If you do, enable XMP Profile in BIOS/EFI. This will allow the motherboard to automatically detect and configure RAM settings. Save, exit, and see how that works. If the system continues to be unstable, test one module at a time in the initial slot to see if each stick works smoothly by itself. This determines whether a stick may be bad causing problems.

Keep us posted on the result and we will be glad to help.

I can also be reached directly at ustech@gskillusa.com

ricbarrett

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #136 on: 31-May-15, 05:08:30 »

Hi gskillsupport
Thanks for your help. I did email gskill before posting here but the response I got back didn't really help.

After trying everything I was advised, I'm still getting freezes and random odd behaviour with storage and in Ableton live. I've elected to replace the sticks with some Corsair dominators and I'll sell the G.Skills on the secondhand market. I'm sure they're perfectly fine just incompatible with the MSI board I have.

Thanks

theelspawn

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #137 on: 08-June-15, 06:16:23 »

Hi again :)

A new wild BSOD appears !

Well, all this cas latencies/voltage(11-11-11-28 2N, 1.35V, timing LINK) and bios settings reduced my BSOD to 9 per 10 times, to like ... 0.5 per 10 times ? So I'm on the right track to fully resolve that !
I've saw that my G.Skill ram is not on the compatibility list for my MotherBoard (damn all-in-one french manufacturer....). So I've asked the  MSI support  if buying another ram, on this list can be a good call. Thx again for all, all of you.

gskillsupport

• Company Representative
« Reply #138 on: 09-June-15, 16:17:53 »

Can you post some pictures of BIOS and we can see if it is all correct?

Have you tried one module at a time to see if one performs differently?

Maybe run a stress test or diagnostics test to see if there are any errors. Let us know!

theelspawn

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #139 on: 10-June-15, 09:21:35 »

Hi and thanks for your time !

Of course, here some pictures, if you need an other menu, I'm reading this topic everyday. I'm having trouble to attach, so here some imagehack links !

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/599/YRbRJW.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img661/4522/lU2xM4.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img540/6082/yU7BiM.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img673/9070/rQB0TQ.png

I've tried one module at a time before settings bios values,  but with no luck.
Already tested and stress tested. But that's true I haven't run any test since I entered manually all values, maybe this time something will appears (don't think so =/)

gskillsupport

• Company Representative
« Reply #140 on: 10-June-15, 10:31:39 »

BIOS looks good. If memory and stress test both pass, the problem may be something else. Or maybe try a slightly higher DRAM voltage to see if that helps. 

theelspawn

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #141 on: 10-June-15, 23:31:19 »

I will try slightly higher voltage, and redo all tests now that I have bios setted frequencies.

Do you have any software/ how much time combination for both Memory(Memtest/ ? hours) and Stress (? / ? hours) tests ? Better tried with others soft :).

Hope something bring it up, maybe I will see if some of my friends got a spare ram to try it. But what's in a pain in the ass it's that I need maybe 1 week to get BSOD :(.

Thx anyway for all your ideas.

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: 11-June-15, 00:20:02 »

For software you could use Memtest for 24h. If that passes, run Intel Burn Test on MAXIMUM for 20 cycles(times to run). If all good then I can say it is all stable.
In the same time have CPU-Z and HWInfo' Sensors running so you can watch voltages and other info.

*Intel burn test will get your CPU to 100% so watch the temps.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

Errors are red, My screen is blue .I think I deleted, System32.
99% of issues would be solved if people would read the manual first.

doctor.jw

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #143 on: 12-June-15, 07:30:58 »

Thought I would share my experience with my new MSI X99S MPower, i7-5820k, with 8 sticks of G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 (F4-3000C15Q-16GRR) for 32 GB of ram.

With the initial build, only 24 GB was detected; I went through the forums, removed half the memory & booted, verified that memory, plugged back in the 16 GB I removed, and lo-and-behold, the full 32 GB was detected. I thought it was just reseating the memory that did it --- but I couldn't ever get the XMP profile to work, and nothing I did in the BIOS would result in a working XMP profile.

Poking through the BIOS showed me that all the DIMMS were found (F5, I believe will help here). So why wouldn't it report all 32 GB of RAM?

What finally did it for me was to switch the "Memory Fast Boot" in the BIOS from Auto to Disabled, forcing the system to test & check the RAM with every boot. I figured I didn't care if it took just a few more seconds to boot. With that next reboot, all 32-GB was detected. I loaded optimized defaults, and made sure Memory Fast Boot was off, and again, all 32 GB were found. On a lark, I enabled the XMP profile and ... success! Booted up just fine.

I'm now ~10 hours into memtest86, cranking all the cpus on testing out the memory with zero errors so far (I set it up for 20 iterations).

So if you're having problems with some memory apparently not being detected, yet it appears to be seated correctly, and other areas of the bios (F5) see all the memory sticks, turn off the Memory Fast Boot and see if that helps.

doctor.jw

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #144 on: 21-June-15, 08:03:26 »

Okay, so what I posted does get my full 32 MB recognized every time, but ... after all this time running with the XMP profile enabled, I decided to figure out why the box won't wake from sleep via a USB event (keyboard/mouse). Play with those settings in the bios (running windows 8) without much success except ... the XMP profile no longer results in a clean boot.

Back when I was running with XMP, if I ran CPU-Z, if would report the Memory NB Frequency as 3000 Mhz (or there abouts). Currently, the NB Frequency is not steady but varies from 2999.3 Mhz down to 1499 Mhz (and maybe a bit lower). Is this normal? The dynamic alteration of the NB Frequency? Makes me think I have something enabled (speedstep) that maybe the XMP profile doesn't like.

I've reset the BIOS settings to optimized defaults, cleared the CMOS & tried XMP ... everything I can think of, and I just can't get a reliable XMP profile after whatever I did yesterday.

john

gskillsupport

• Company Representative
« Reply #145 on: 23-June-15, 14:11:29 »

Hi John

You'll definitely want to check any power saving features and make sure they are disabled. The BIOS should be designed to do this, but you can always double check. The frequency should always be at full speed, full power. Only DDR4-2133 and 2400 may have the capability to throttle depending on load.

doctor.jw

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #146 on: 24-June-15, 07:46:22 »

I'll do that when I get the chance. Odd that it worked for a while. It'll take me a bit to flip through the various options, too, to pick out which ones to check (unless you can provide a quick list ... 8^)  ).

Worth mentioning, too, that on my x99s mpower, I've got 2 4x4gb kits installed, for the 32 GB of ram. Reading on the g.skill forums, this isn't really support (2 kits installed), and that I should also make sure that the kits are installed in their own banks --- currently I just installed them from left to right rather than in a 1-3-5-7, 2-4-6-8 manner. Maybe that will help with stability, too.

Thx.

doctor.jw

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #147 on: 15-July-15, 07:25:48 »

Okay, wanted to provide an update. I went in and rearranged my modules to each kit is in the proper bank (so one kit in 1-3-5-7 and the other in 2-4-6-8). Doing that, it seems I can start up in the XMP profile just fine --- been running this way for the last week or so without any problems. Cranking on the intel burn test, too, without issue.

I also got my windows 8.1 to sleep & wake properly, once I disabled auto-startup of the  MSI Command Center, and MSI Afterburner. Not sure which one of the two resulting in the box waking from sleep correctly --- or if it was the shuffling of memory modules --- but it has worked without fail for the last week or so, too, like the XMP profile.

I'm now using SpeedFan with a simple profile that I built, and it wakes/sleeps just fine and controls the fans pretty well.

Finally have my box just about where I want it -- certainly far better off than I was 2 weeks ago! Woot!

john

hideki_nagunama

• CORPORAL
« Reply #148 on: 22-July-15, 13:47:37 »

I am a bit confused. I just bought a Z97-G43 MSi Board and 16GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-1866 DIMM CL10 Dual Kit. As I don't know how I figure out if this is a problem for me, I would like to know if I have to take care of something or return the hardware or.. :/?

Oh.. and I didn't and also don't want to make OC changes with the RAM. I just insert it on the motherboard and let it as it is.

gskillsupport

• Company Representative
« Reply #149 on: 23-July-15, 12:10:55 »

Plug and Play RAM is DDR3-1600 CL11 1.50V and DDR3-1333 CL9 1.50V, those are the standard values. If you purchased DDR3-1866, the RAM will boot up to one of the mentioned values, then you will need to go into BIOS to enable the XMP profile to run at full speed DDR3-1866. It is one setting in BIOS that is not difficult to change. There is information in the motherboard user's manual, or let let us know if you can't find it or have issues and we will be glad to help.

http://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/BIOS-Manual-OC-1.jpg

This is a pic of the Z87 motherboard, but it will be the same for Z97. This is in the OC page, notice the Extreme Memory Profile option is set to Profile 1. Make this change and it should take care of everything automatically.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up