Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI A88XM GAMING - Command Center keeps crashing!  (Read 19393 times)

AmourekTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hi, I have a MSI A88XM GAMING motherboard paired with an A10-5800K.

Command Center (latest version) launches fine but almost anything I click in the fan control section causes it to crash: "CommandCenter is not responding".

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
Re: MSI A88XM GAMING - Command Center keeps crashing!
« Reply #1 on: 10-May-14, 09:36:53 »

core center version?
current BIOS version?
OS version?

AmourekTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 10-May-14, 10:56:34 »

core center version?
current BIOS version?
OS version?

CC: 1.0.0.59 (latest)
BIOS: 1.1 (latest)

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 11-May-14, 08:49:12 »

have you tried to reinstall core center?

with SP1?

AmourekTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 11-May-14, 18:59:12 »

have you tried to reinstall core center?

with SP1?

I have tried to reinstall both from the version on the support disc and from the site.

Yes, SP1, fully updated.

Leign

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #5 on: 11-May-14, 22:19:33 »

Try to uninstall the Command Center first then install it again in other folder.

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 12-May-14, 07:42:39 »

I have tried to reinstall both from the version on the support disc and from the site.

Yes, SP1, fully updated.

Try flash to attached BIOS .121
then see how its goes

Evan F.

• CORPORAL
« Reply #7 on: 12-May-14, 13:45:27 »

Hey guys,

I joined the forum just to reply to this topic.  I am having the exact same problem.  Below are the specs of my system:

AMD A10-7850K
A88XM Gaming Motherboard
G.Skill 2133Mhz 8GB RAM

Windows 8.1 Update 1, fully updated
CC Version 1.0.0.59
BIOS Version 1.1

Every time I run the MSI Command Center, it opens as it should, but as I try to adjust the fan characteristics, or even try to see the memory stats in the hardware monitor, it crashes, saying that it needs to close.  I will try to update the BIOS with the BIOS that Svet has posted when I get home from work in a few hours.  Just wanted to post here saying that Amourek is not alone with this issue.  I will report back when I try the different BIOS version.     

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 12-May-14, 15:09:38 »

flash to .121 and tell how its goes

Evan F.

• CORPORAL
« Reply #9 on: 12-May-14, 17:02:39 »

I am able to be a little more specific about what I have noticed going on.  I flashed the BIOS to the 1.2B1 version with not much improvement.  One thing I noticed in Command Center is that the CPU name is not displayed at the top anymore.  Not a big deal, just wanted to mention it.  I am able to manually control the fan speeds, varying from 50% to 75% to 100% with no problem in Command Center.  However, as soon as I click on "Smart Mode", that is when the window fades white, and it crashes.  After flashing the BIOS, I turned all Smart control (target temperature) of the fans off, and Command Center still crashes.  I rebooted, and set the fans with Smart control in the bios, setting their max and min speeds.  However, this made no difference, and Command Center still crashes. 

There are only 2 things I notice that makes the Command Center crash.  First, when I click on "Information" and then "Memory", CC crashes.  I'm assuming that is because I do not have RAM chips which are not specifically supported by this motherboard.  Just to put it out there, I have "G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-2133C9D-8GXL" and I have it running at 2133Mhz with no problems.  Even the windows task manager shows the RAM running at the correct 2133Mhz.

The other thing making CC crash is the Smart Fan control mode.  I am able to sometimes control the fans manually, and I am able to sometimes do the Fan Tuning.  However, I am NEVER able to configure the Smart Fan option by playing with the graph and changing its data points.  Once, even clicking on "Advanced" and then "Fan" caused CC to crash.  However, as I said, other times I am able to manually control the speeds and perform the fan tuning.  But still, never the Smart Fan mode. 

Let me know what else you want me to try.  I am open to any and all suggestions.  Thanks for your input so far, I really appreciate it!

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 13-May-14, 04:48:40 »

oki, thanks for detailed info. i've reported this issue to msi people

Evan F.

• CORPORAL
« Reply #11 on: 13-May-14, 07:27:51 »

Thank you, Svet!  Do you have any idea when I should expect a reply from you, or the tech support team?  I did submit a tech support form for this issue as well, and I have not heard back yet.  Keep me posted please, and thanks for your help so far!

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 13-May-14, 07:30:47 »

nope, but i will post here if/when i have news about it

Evan F.

• CORPORAL
« Reply #13 on: 13-May-14, 08:06:18 »

Alrighty then, thank you!

Evan F.

• CORPORAL
« Reply #14 on: 15-May-14, 20:58:01 »

Started looking more into this myself tonite, and I noticed something strange when Command Center crashes.  I looked in the Task Manager in the Services tab when CC faded white and stopped responding.  What I noticed is that the service "MSISuperIO_CC" enters a continuous loop of Stopping, Starting and Running.  It causes other windows I am looking at to become inactive because Windows knows that it is starting up, and would naturally be on top of the other windows I have open.  As soon as I force close CC, "MSISuperIO_CC" reverts back to Running, and shows a value for the PID column in the Task Manager Services tab.

One thing I did was turn all of the MSI_xxx services to start automatically with Windows in the Services manager, thinking it might help solve the problem.  While the CC did start much faster because those services were already running before I opened the CC program, it had no effect on what happens when I click "Information" and then "Fan".  The blue circle shows up on the cursor, and the window fades white as usual, and it needs to be forced closed.  Just thought I would post this because it seems that one service is causing the Command Center to become unresponsive and crash. 

Just as a precaution, I have added CC as an exception in Malwarebytes, and I know for sure that I have the .net Framework 4.5 installed.  If I notice anything going on which I think might help out, I will be sure to post a reply with updated details.         

Turban

• CORPORAL
« Reply #15 on: 23-May-14, 04:35:06 »

I also registered just to post on this particular topic, as I have the exact same problem.

A88xm gaming, a10 7850k , W7 ultimate and up to date...

First, CC would crash when I wanted to access the fan settings, and now it just won't start.

Everything is up to date... sad  :undecided: I've tried to uninstall/reinstall.. nothing works ...

When it crashes I get extra processes such as "CC_loadingpage.exe" ..

Hope the A88xm gets some love   :)

Cheers

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: 23-May-14, 06:02:42 »

MSI is working on it

Turban

• CORPORAL
« Reply #17 on: 23-May-14, 10:34:12 »

Awesome :)

Thanks for letting us know...

Earlier I tried to reinstall CC and it did work.. till I hit "smart mode"...  :nono:

Would be great also if they would allow us to go under 50% of the fan's speed  :biggthumbsup:

Cheers  :)

Evan F.

• CORPORAL
« Reply #18 on: 23-May-14, 11:44:22 »

Yeah I did receive an email from MSI Tech stating that they were working on the issue.  If I get a reply from them via email first, I'll be sure to post here what they say to do, or if they link to an updated version of Command Center.  Hope all of this is solved soon!

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: 27-May-14, 06:39:35 »

Update:

MSI Released an update of Command center 1.0.0.65:
http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/command_center.zip

have a try it and tell us if it orked fine

Turban

• CORPORAL
« Reply #20 on: 27-May-14, 09:42:01 »

:biggthumbsup: Thank you !

Well , so far I have to say I am pretty happy with it. I can click on whatever I want, no crash. Everything works great !!

Only thing is,  right now, everytime I restart the computer, the fans are back to their default mode  (and in "manual" in CC).

I have to reload saved settings and turn "smart mode" back on. But at least it's not crashing.

I don't want to be too quick to throw the blame at MSI, as there could be other reasons to that :

- Maybe my fan are to big (180mm and 120 mm (case sugo sg09), and won't start with the profile made by CC with "fan tune", and therefore the mobo decides to start at default setting

- Something else ?

Anyway, big thumbs up MSI, nice progress, wish AMD would be that good at fixing stuff..  :nooo:

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: 27-May-14, 09:45:02 »

is there option from command center to apply saved profile automatically at startup?

Turban

• CORPORAL
« Reply #22 on: 27-May-14, 09:58:58 »

I think it's due to that :

Because : The fan tune function creates an AWESOME profile, exactly what I would need, but, as you can see it seems out of actual range, so at start up, it gets reseted .

Here is a pic of the profile.

I think that's why it goes back to default at start up.

But CC work great !  :)

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: 27-May-14, 10:07:25 »

about the 1st image, is this hapend when you configure your custom fan profile?
if so can you apply different settings where this error do not appear?

Turban

• CORPORAL
« Reply #24 on: 27-May-14, 10:48:03 »

The first picture happens when I launch CC .

RIght now I have huge stability problems with running kaveri+r9 ... have to reboot .

Will post more on the CC soon :)

Evan F.

• CORPORAL
« Reply #25 on: 28-May-14, 18:18:58 »

Unfortunately, Command Center does not work for me.  In fact, it is even worse.  I did a clean install of CC after thoroughly removing the old version, and now the new 1.0.0.65 version gets stuck at the loading screen with the scrolling red bar.  It never freezes, but it never opens into CC either.  I did have the 1.2B1 BIOS when I tried it first, and then I tried flashing back to 1.1 BIOS with no change; the CC still gets stuck at the loading screen.  I even tried to reinstall the 1.0.0.59 version, and that does open, but obviously freezes when I try the smart fan mode.  I'm at a loss as to what to do here.  Command Center isn't even a big deal for me.  The BIOS settings keep my fans where I have them set, and they keep up with the temps of my system.  Just a shame that I am having this problem.  I switched from an ASUS board, and the windows based fan control is the only thing I miss with this new board.  One can only hope it will be fixed at some point. 

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: 29-May-14, 04:02:05 »

ie: the new version hangs at startup load?
maybe the old version is not fully removed and cause some issue

have you rebooted after uninstlal the old version, before install the new one?

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: 29-May-14, 06:46:00 »

I think it's due to that :
Because : The fan tune function creates an AWESOME profile, exactly what I would need, but, as you can see it seems out of actual range, so at start up, it gets reseted .

Here is a pic of the profile.
http://i.imgur.com/GeVenei.jpg

the FAN has some invaliad value, did you configure by that way?
or it go by itself to this value?

Turban

• CORPORAL
« Reply #28 on: 29-May-14, 07:05:54 »

I used the "fan tune" function  :) so it did it automatically. That profile was great by the way, really silent :)

But otherwise it's fine, I just use a 50% profile, it works :)

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: 29-May-14, 07:24:20 »

aha oki, thanks for the info, i will post here if\when there are more updates

Evan F.

• CORPORAL
« Reply #30 on: 29-May-14, 12:18:40 »

ie: the new version hangs at startup load?
maybe the old version is not fully removed and cause some issue

have you rebooted after uninstlal the old version, before install the new one?

Yes, the new 1.0.0.65 version hangs at startup.  It just shows the loading screen with the scrolling red bar, and the version number.  I used Revo Uninstaller to remove the old version, and it makes sure to remove all of the left over files, and even registry files.  Yes, I did reboot after every install and uninstall of the new and old versions with the same result.  As I said, I did install the old version, and it does open.  Then I uninstalled it, and restarted, and reinstalled the new version, and the new version hangs on startup.  It never opens into the command center window. 

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: 29-May-14, 12:25:39 »

oki, thanks i have forwarded this feeback and will post if there are updates

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: 30-May-14, 07:22:41 »

Here is 1.0.0.66 CC version to try:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40094917/Command%20Center%201.0.0.66.zip

if any of you still has any errors, then try manually delete the Command Center folder:

before install the new one 1.0.0.66,
then install 1.0.0.66 and retest.
if there are still some issues, tell us detailed steps how to reproduce them

Evan F.

• CORPORAL
« Reply #33 on: 30-May-14, 18:31:23 »

I still have exactly the same problem as my last post.  The Command Center loading screen as shown in the image will stay forever, and will never open into Command Center.  I did remove all of the old folders of the old version, then I restarted, then I re-installed the new version.  I still have BIOS 1.2B1 currently flashed on my machine, but that didn't make any difference with 1.0.0.65.  Everything seems to be running okay according to the Task Manager, and Windows never reports the application as crashed, or anything like that.  It's just like it's in an infinite loop at where it is in the image.  Let me know what else I can try to make this work, and thank you for all of your help so far!

elbomberoloco

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #34 on: 30-May-14, 19:46:42 »

I am having the exact same issue...except my loading bar is blue. I tried the .66 update and that did not work either. Is there a way to go back to .59 ? That was working great and then I let live update 6 update this and now it is stuck on the loading screen...thanks for the help.

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: 31-May-14, 05:04:50 »

>>   .59    Official  <<

I've tried every command center that has been releases since I got my board and had no problems with them. Apart from strange lag (e.g. play some music pretty loud and start command center and listen to the music  X-(( ).
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

Errors are red, My screen is blue .I think I deleted, System32.
99% of issues would be solved if people would read the manual first.

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: 31-May-14, 06:46:33 »

I am having the exact same issue...except my loading bar is blue. I tried the .66 update and that did not work either. Is there a way to go back to .59 ? That was working great and then I let live update 6 update this and now it is stuck on the loading screen...thanks for the help.

can you list full system config?
include OS used

@Evan F.

thanks i've passed your feedback

Turban

• CORPORAL
« Reply #37 on: 31-May-14, 14:25:13 »

Working great here.

Thanks to you Svet and the MSI team, it's nice that you take feedback and do something with it :)

Good luck to the others, hope you get it working soon :)

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: 31-May-14, 14:27:35 »

Working great here.

Thanks to you Svet and the MSI team, it's nice that you take feedback and do something with it :)

Good luck to the others, hope you get it working soon :)

Ie: "fan tune" function no longer set out of range and you can load the customize profile fine at startup,
without errors with latest one .66 version?

Turban

• CORPORAL
« Reply #39 on: 01-June-14, 00:28:24 »

Ok, so I'll do a complete feedback, as things are slightly more complex  :bonk:

First of : When I go into "system fan" at launch, it does display the "manual mode screen" but, it does apply the "smart mode" profile. I can tell the speed is not the one displayed in "manual mode".

So I thought as long as it applies the "smart mode" profile..it's ok.

Then, for the fan profile that has settings "outside of the box", I can still get it, but, I think it comes from the way that particular  fan is set up.

Let me explain.

It is a 180mm fan, 700/1200 rpm, with a HI/LOW physical switch at the back of the case.

Without CC, if I put it on LOW, it won't spin at start-up.  It does spin if I put it on HI.

With CC, if I put it on LOW, it still won't spin most of the time. And I get a "normal looking profil", that will be loaded on start up. All good.

On the other hand, if I put it on HI, I will get a profil in CC, that looks "out of range", and that profile won't be loaded at start up.

So I think that with the switch on HI, CC actually wants to emulate a "LOW" setting, a gives me a value where the fan won't spin either, which is fine, but then CC will be confused and won't load that profile on start up.

So basically, now I leave the switch on LOW, which gives me a good normal profile with CC that will load on start up, and all is fine :)

I hope I described everything clearly enought :p

I have to emphasize the fact that I get no crash, no loading error, nothing wrong at all. I can close, reload, rince and repeat all I want, it is stable for me.

Which I really tend to appreciate lately... (I'm looking at you AMD !! )

Let me know if there is something else I can test/describe :)

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: 01-June-14, 12:15:27 »

They had to update the link then. Sorry don;t have .59 anywhere around.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

Errors are red, My screen is blue .I think I deleted, System32.
99% of issues would be solved if people would read the manual first.

elbomberoloco

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #41 on: 01-June-14, 12:18:01 »

.59    Official  <<[/url]

I've tried every command center that has been releases since I got my board and had no problems with them. Apart from strange lag (e.g. play some music pretty loud and start command center and listen to the music  X-(( ).
That still gave me the .65 ?

elbomberoloco

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #42 on: 01-June-14, 12:21:31 »

can you list full system config?
include OS used

motherboard - Z87-G41
Bios - 1.6 2/21/2014
CPU - Intel i5-4670 K @ 3.4
8gb RAM
Win 8.1

Not sure if that is all you need or more. Let me know and thanks for the help.

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: 03-June-14, 06:43:54 »

Just as a precaution, I have added CC as an exception in Malwarebytes, and I know for sure that I have the .net Framework 4.5 installed.  If I notice anything going on which I think might help out, I will be sure to post a reply with updated details.         

have you tried to exit from Malwarebytes or do you have any other resident scanners?

motherboard - Z87-G41
Bios - 1.6 2/21/2014
CPU - Intel i5-4670 K @ 3.4
8gb RAM
Win 8.1

Not sure if that is all you need or more. Let me know and thanks for the help.

oki thanks, do you use some antivirus program? if so which one and have you tried to disable it temporary and to retest?
thinking by myself that maybe could be some AV to cause this issue

elbomberoloco

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #44 on: 03-June-14, 08:05:53 »

have you tried to exit from Malwarebytes or do you have any other resident scanners?

oki thanks, do you use some antivirus program? if so which one and have you tried to disable it temporary and to retest?
thinking by myself that maybe could be some AV to cause this issue
I do not have a specific AV program installed, just whatever comes with windows by default.

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: 03-June-14, 08:07:01 »

oki can you check if your Win8 is up to date? from windows updates

elbomberoloco

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #46 on: 03-June-14, 13:14:25 »

yes up to date. I'm thinking about deleting all the MSI stuff and starting over ? I think I upgraded from live 5 to 6 then did the command center update...

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: 04-June-14, 03:24:42 »

here is Command center 1.0.0.67:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109039234/Command%20Center.exe

before install it, uninstall the old command center version
if you still get error, manually delete the command center folder:

then reinstall it and try again

elbomberoloco

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #48 on: 04-June-14, 07:25:41 »

That didn't work either...I am actually thinking of re-installing windows, because of another issue w/ 8.1. Seems like a lot of things do not like 8.1 yet.

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: 04-June-14, 07:27:15 »

yes do this and try again
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up