Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Workstation 2D/3D Animation Short Film Contest  (Read 3959 times)

DragoonyangTopic starter

• Notebook Moderator

• OBJECT :MSI Workstation 2D/3D Animation Short Film Contest
  • THEME:From Dream to Design –What is your dream? Life dream, dream journey, dream job, or a day dream? MSI Workstation hopes accompany you to reach your dream! Now, put MSI Workstation logo & at least one product photo in your animation work to tell us “what is your dream?”. Everyone will have chance to reach his dream and to win big prizes! Good luck and good dream!
    Download MSI logo & product photos
  • ELIGIBILITY:Open to all creative animation fans, students and professionals. We are on the lookout for daring ideas, new pictures, surprising stories and for anyone who is full of creative ideas, dare to pursue their dreams and make it all possible.
  • ACTIVITY:15 May 2014 to 28 July 2014
  • DEADLINE :28 July 2014 02:00:00 GMT
  • Event Website:http://event.msi.com/nb/2014/short_film/
  • PRIZES :
3D Film Award

1st Place- 3D Film Award
MSI Workstation - GT70 2OK

Reference Marketing Value (USD): $2599

"MSI GT70 2OK workstation laptop certified by AutoCAD & Solidworks. Equipped with the latest NVIDIA Quadro K3100M graphics. GT70 2OK workstation is your best and most efficient tool to work on animation designs and visualization artworks. (*marketing name may change)"

2nd Place- 3D Film Award
EIZO ColorEdge CX241

Reference Marketing Value (USD): $1599

The CX241 comes with a built-in SelfCorrection sensor that automatically maintains your color settings so you can enjoy its 99% Adobe RGB coverage, brightness uniformity, and other features for creative work.

3rd Place- 3D Film Award
Wacom Tablet Intuos Pro Medium

Reference Marketing Value (USD): $349

Designed for creativity - This innovative pen tablet combines Wacom’s finest pen capabilities with intuitive multi-touch gestures and gives you the precision and control you demand when using professional software and time-savers to speed your workflow.

2D Film Award

1st Place- 2D Film Award
CrazyTalk Animator 2 Pipeline + Essential Content Library 1

Reference Marketing Value (USD): $2299

Include CrazyTalk Animator 2 Pipeline + Essential Content Library 1. CrazyTalk Animator 2 provides an exciting new approach to traditional 2D animation with innovative new tools that allow users to apply 3D motions to 2D characters. New powerful tools have opened new possibilities for freely editing 2D motions and viewing them from any angle with a single click. Combined with functional features like facial puppet and auto lip-sync, it has become the most creative tool for 2D character animation.

2nd Place- 2D Film Award
EIZO Foris FS2332

Reference Marketing Value (USD): $699

"The FORIS FS2332 is a 23-inch home entertainment monitor with an IPS panel, LED backlight, and EIZO's Smart Resolution technology that make it optimal for watching videos, photo editing, and reading digital contents.The IPS panel has 178° viewing angles and exhibits minimal change in contrast and hue when viewed from an angle. The LED backlight reduces the monitor's power consumption and does not contain mercury. "

3rd Place- 2D Film Award
Wacom Tablet Intuos Pro Small

Reference Marketing Value (USD): $249

The Intuos Professional Pen & Touch Small is the ideal small-format choice for anyone with a serious creative passion in photography, art or design. The streamlined size packs a lot of power into a small desktop space and combines Wacom’s finest pen capabilities with intuitive multi-touch gestures.

Jury Favorite Award

Jury Favorite Award
iClone Animation Pipeline + iClone Essential Content Library 1

Reference Marketing Value (USD): $3099

The iClone Animation Pipeline pack includes iClone5 PRO, 3DXchange5 Pipeline,and Mocap Plug-in (software). The iClone Animation Pipeline is a revolution for CG animation and game development. This toolkit contains a complete set of animation tools for quick character generation and smart motion editing, and is supported with an extensive on-line content marketplace. By utilizing intuitive real-time character motion tools alongside Autodesk’s Human IK technology, iClone makes it easy to convert characters and retarget both facial and body animations to your native working environment via standard FBX, BVH and OBJ formats. iClone also supports basic motion capture with Microsoft’s Kinect sensor, which gives you the raw motion data that saves you time and helps to turn your PC into a powerful production studio with minimal cost and increased production speed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Winner of MSI 3D Short Film Animation contest coming out!!! Congratulations to all winners and your great works!
MSI will contact you for prize sending. MSI and Reallusion select together the winners by judging the Story Concept and Content- Originality & Creativity(40%), Techniques- 3D techniques, Character & Scenes Design (30%), Brand Messages Embedded Method (20%), Music and Other Design Elements (10%)
http://event.msi.com/nb/2014/short_film/winner.html

ToKoMotion

• PRIVATE E-2
MSI Workstation 2D/3D Animation Short Film Contest
« Reply #1 on: 04-July-14, 07:23:35 »

Dear MSI Workstation Team,

is this contest still active? I have submitted an entry last Sunday, but didn´t received any notification mail or other information. There are also no movies available in the Online Collection. I would be glad to know if my film is accepted or not.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Tobias

DragoonyangTopic starter

• Notebook Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 18-July-14, 00:34:28 »

Quote from: ToKoMotion;107404
Dear MSI Workstation Team,

is this contest still active? I have submitted an entry last Sunday, but didn´t received any notification mail or other information. There are also no movies available in the Online Collection. I would be glad to know if my film is accepted or not.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Tobias

Dear Tobias,

Thanks for your submission. Your work has been uploaded on the site. thanks!

katapultax10

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #3 on: 15-August-14, 02:10:19 »

I submit my entry, does it take in account ? on the contest page it say it is active until 1 september, but on the forum it says it is active until "" DEADLINE :28 July 2014 02:00:00 GMT "" can any admin/administrator reply to see if I`m in ? I call my entry ""MSI - From Ruin to Success "" and it can be watched here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A49PI2MSdQM.
It still uncpmpleted I wait to render the entire project, then It still  need a little bit of editing (that is not the problem ..) (render time take a lot especialy on my dual core machine :| :mad:)

Best regards,

Sasu Catalin Iulian

DragoonyangTopic starter

• Notebook Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 22-August-14, 01:48:49 »

Quote from: katapultax10;110785
I submit my entry, does it take in account ? on the contest page it say it is active until 1 september, but on the forum it says it is active until "" DEADLINE :28 July 2014 02:00:00 GMT "" can any admin/administrator reply to see if I`m in ? I call my entry ""MSI - From Ruin to Success "" and it can be watched here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A49PI2MSdQM.
It still uncpmpleted I wait to render the entire project, then It still  need a little bit of editing (that is not the problem ..) (render time take a lot especialy on my dual core machine :| :mad:)

Best regards,

Sasu Catalin Iulian

Dear katapultax10,

katapultax10

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
MSI - From Ruin to Success (Updated)
« Reply #5 on: 27-August-14, 20:01:47 »

I post a new reply to announce that I update my video (the reason why I do it it is because rendering was finished/completed)

Here is the new updated video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuv_U9D2wwI

You also can visit my website http://www.3dsasucatalin.pixub.com/lens_portfolio/msi-contest-from-ruin-to-success

DragoonyangTopic starter

• Notebook Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 28-August-14, 07:17:00 »

Quote from: katapultax10;111544
I post a new reply to announce that I update my video (the reason why I do it it is because rendering was finished/completed)

Here is the new updated video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuv_U9D2wwI

You also can visit my website http://www.3dsasucatalin.pixub.com/lens_portfolio/msi-contest-from-ruin-to-success

Dear katapultax10,

katapultax10

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #7 on: 06-September-14, 13:48:43 »

Dear Dragoonyang,
the competition is finished I think, a link on a page where we can see winers if exists ... ?

mh4596

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #8 on: 08-September-14, 23:08:47 »

Hi MSI,

What's happening with this competition? Over a week has passed since the end submission date, and there is still no information published on who the winners are.

Another issue is that the web site it says that submissions closed on the 1/9/14 however it does not appear that submissions have been closed. It appears that people can still submit an entry even though it’s passed the submission date.

I have worked really hard to get my animation submitted on time and I'm anxious to know who has won, and I'm sure my fellow competitors would like to know who the winner is as well.

Can you please publish some information on what is happening with this competition?

DragoonyangTopic starter

• Notebook Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 10-September-14, 21:08:38 »

We are still reviewing one last candidate’s artwork who submitted just before deadline.
So, next week you will see all participants’ artwork online, that will be 12 videos in total.
Rest of the submissions that after 1st Sep will be considered unqualified.
We are working on selecting the winners.  Results will be published in the beginning of October.

Thank you again for your participation!

katapultax10

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #10 on: 07-October-14, 05:53:00 »

any news regarding competition ?

mh4596

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #11 on: 08-October-14, 06:31:41 »

Hey MSI,

I don't want to be annoying, but there is still no news regarding the outcome of contest. An update would be appreciated.

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up