Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search    

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stealth Pro(Task Manager Saying 80%+ Memory(RAM) Being Used When 2GB Or Less Is Being Used Of 16GB?)  (Read 5643 times)

NitianErxingTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

Looking at the image below and using a MSI Stealth Pro.

Why is it that Task Manager is showing 80%+ of the laptops memory is being used, when if adding the MB each application is using the total seems to be 2GB at the most?

Also one time when I was watching a Live Stream on Twitch . Norton made a popup that Firefox was using so much memory. This was the time I started thinking of inquiring about this. (Now inquiring about it.)

Was watching a Dota2 Live in Twitch on source in full screen one time, twitch was the only thing opened during the time when Norton made a popup mentioning the Firefox was  using so much memory which was 500MB below.

Also this memory use the Task Manager is showing has been showing similar situation since I opened and started using it but not 80%+ but 70%+ or 60%+ on the same use or having many tabs opened on a single browser.

Is what task manager showing miss leading or is that the laptop I'm using actually has 2GB or even 1GB and not 16GB?

What really is going on?

What is using so much RAM? Anyone know? How to fix this?

Thank you to anyone who may enlighten me on this bewildering situation.

hchg

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
80%+ Memory Use But Only Using 2GB, Less Memory of 16GB?
« Reply #1 on: 20-May-14, 01:09:23 »

Are you using LAN or WLAN?

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #2 on: 20-May-14, 14:57:13 »

Using LAN.

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #3 on: 20-May-14, 15:09:10 »

Also as of right now. Task Manager is showing 800MB in use in 48%. When 800MB is not even 48% of 16GB. This is really not giving me any confidence, but don't now which to dought, MSI laptop or Win 8.1.

hchg

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL

Try to update this newer version of Killer LAN driver. http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i3ifyL3

If you can't uninstall the Killer Lan driver, you can use Killer's uninstall tool:http://www.qca.qualcomm.com/drivers/KillerCleaner_64bit.exe
It should be the windows NDU which caused this issue.

Let me know if it works. Some people have been talking about this issue for a while.

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #5 on: 21-May-14, 06:44:25 »

I used autoruns.exe to disable Ndu.sys, then restarted. Is what I did even safe for the laptop or shold I enable it back? Currently I don't think what I did is working since it's showing 20% memory use but displaying 770MB approximate use under 20%. Which is definitely not 20% of 16GB.

Downloaded driver and cleaner from http://www.qca.qualcomm.com/resources/driverdownloads/, I'll reply after 6 hours have passed.

Will be enabling Ndu before restarting, cleaning and installing new driver. Driver version is 1.1.38.1281 64 bit version.

Ehm... sorry if I won't be using the link you provided. Can you provide the website where got the Driver Suite? Qualcomm does not have that driver version.

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #6 on: 21-May-14, 11:41:52 »

Unfortunately it seems that even an uptodate version from qualcomm itself does not fix it.

32% of 16GB is not approximately 1GB.

hchg

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #8 on: 22-May-14, 05:26:51 »

Thank you... Sorry for the doubt. Unfortunately I had to since this laptop is a first and personal one which was bought for me. I'll post at about 5:00 PM London time to see if there are any improvements.

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #9 on: 22-May-14, 05:51:22 »

Unfortunately no clear improvement on why it still displays inaccurate RAM use in percentage when the MB in use does not support it.
Installed the driver and made a restart after installation:

I'll be back at 5:00 PM London TIME for an update.

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #10 on: 22-May-14, 11:38:09 »

Thank you sir! I think it may have actually worked.

Thread Ready To Be Closed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up