Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Identifying my R9 280x Gaming 3G (board revisions?)  (Read 1278 times)

eagarcia8Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Identifying my R9 280x Gaming 3G (board revisions?)
« on: 28-November-14, 01:38:48 »

Hello everyone,

I was looking to CrossFire another R9 280x Gaming to the one I currently have and I was looking on eBay for a used one when I find out that there seems to be multiple versions of the same board. To clarify, the most "popular" versions seems to have the board height go up to the PCI bracket (as on MSI's website), while the one I have (which seems to be more rare, see first photo) has a "higher" board passing the PCI bracket (a lot like the 280 non-x card), and finally there is one version that has the higher board, but has a backplate! (See second photo).

I am wondering if I just received a R9 280 that was reflashed to a 280x, is that possible?

So my question is, is my board older, newer, or a review unit? I like matching pairs so I'd like to get one that is the same as the one I have. There are some reviews that call my card the MSI R9 280x Gaming OC Edition, but I've only found reviews of it from Europe.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Edit: Just found out the second image is of the new 6G version, so I guess there are just two versions of the 280x 3G.

TZBC

• CAPTAIN
Re: Identifying my R9 280x Gaming 3G (board revisions?)
« Reply #1 on: 03-December-14, 19:24:49 »

Even the same product name will have different version of vbios.
I suggest you find the one which have same S/N number with your R9 280x Gaming.

for example... V3XX-XXX
Pages: [1]   Go Up