Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI GS70 20D Touchpad not working after login when I upgraded to 8.1  (Read 6230 times)

JAC1357Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Short situation: I upgraded my laptop to windows 8.1, and the touchpad stopped working on the start/desktop screens. I could move it before I logged in, and after it would work for a few seconds, but then it would just stop. An external mouse works just fine, but I still don't want my touchpad not working.

I looked on the MSI USA technical support page, and it said to delete the old drivers for the touchpad and download new ones. I deleted the drives, but every time I try to download the new ones, I get a window that says my touchpad isn't plugged in, and that the drive isn't compatible with my touchpad, which doesn't make sense to me because I looked up my product specifically and tried all three touchpad drivers. None of them worked.

Now I can't use the touchpad at all because I deleted the drivers, so it would seem that the computer doesn't know it has a touchpad because it won't register the touchpad in my devices tab.

Does anyone know what I can do to solve this? Or to at least get the touchpad to register again? I just got this computer for Christmas, I've treated it very well so it hasn't banged up against anything or been dropped or mistreated, so I cannot understand why this is happening. It worked before the 8.1 update, so I'm pretty sure the issue has something to do with that.

JAC1357Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

UPDATE:

Ok the touchpad now works before I login, but once I get passed the login screen and to the apps page, it stops working again,

JAC1357Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

UPDATE: So I managed to fix the touch pad by deleting the driver and rebooting, which is weird because I removed the driver completely and never reinstalled it, so the computer shouldn't really know it has a touch pad. But every time I reboot the computer after fixing it, the touch pad goes back to it's old problem and I need to redelete and reboot all over again.

Also, My computer has begun to randomly freeze and not respond to anything, with one such event leading to a blue screen with a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR message. The computer has frozen a total of 6 times, at different moments; when I'm typing on microsoft word, at the login screen, even right when it starts up and the msi loading screen is up. 5 of these times have required a forced shut down, the first time the computer shut off on it's own because it ran out of battery power.

Finally, my computer has begun to periodically for long stretches of time stopped detecting wireless networks and is asking to be plugged into an ethernet cable to connect to the internet. This has never happened to me before, and I know I haven't turned off my network sharing center.

I'm not sure why this is all suddenly happening. It's not like I'm banging my laptop against walls. I'm very careful when I move and use my GS70, so these problems are greatly concerning to me because I just got this computer at Christmas.

faizanijaz123

• PRIVATE E-2

I looked on the MSI USA technical support page, and it said to delete the old drivers for the touchpad and download new ones. I deleted the drives, but every time I try to download the new ones, I get a window that says my touchpad isn't plugged in, and that the drive isn't compatible with my touchpad, which doesn't make sense to me because I looked up my product specifically and tried all three touchpad drivers. None of them worked.
We are the pioneers in providing   testking ccna certification   dumps and   test-king.com    tutorials with  exam pass guarantee. Download our latest testkingccie   mines.edu   questions to pass real exam

hchg

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL

Please start a new topic and don't reply on the old post which is nearly one year ago.
Give more detail information of your notebook model, OS upgrade steps and the touchpad driver version you tried to install.

*It's always better to post a screenshot of the error message.

Pages: [1]   Go Up