Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing thermal paste R9 290 Gaming 4G, warranty question  (Read 1482 times)

HellFire90Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hi! I would like to replace the thermal paste of my GPU. Does removing the cooler to do this voids the warranty? Moreover, can the thermal pads can be re-utilized?
Thanks very much!

flobelix

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • 微星科技
    • Afterburner New Features Introduction | MSI

Just removing and reapplying is fine as long as no physical damage is caused. After reapplying paste on the GPU you can simply put the cooler back on. Pads on ram or so don't need to be replaced as long as they didn't got peeled off.

MSI X299 Gaming M7 ACK (MS-7A90) Bios 1.9
Core i7 7820X @ 4203.84 MHz (42 * 100.09 MHz, fixed all cores), 1.086v - delidded and using der8auer Skylake-X Direct Die Frame
Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 Liquid CPU Cooler
32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair CMK32GX4M4C3000C15R @ 1500 MHz (DDR4-3000), 15-17-17-35-2t 1.35v
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO
256GB Samsung 830 SSD + 2TB Crucial MX500 SSD
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 1200W Platinum • +12V: 100A • +3.3V: 25A • +5V: 25A
Windows 10 Pro
MSI MAG BUNKER

HellFire90Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

thanks for the reply! I was worried because there's a sticker of "warranty void" on some of the screws in the back of the gpu..

Nichrome

• Global Moderator

thanks for the reply! I was worried because there's a sticker of "warranty void" on some of the screws in the back of the gpu..
Sticker is for those who have no idea what they're doing. Or those who wants to have a look what's it like under the heatsink without real purpose (such as thermal paste change)
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

sales

• CORPORAL

may someone confirm rma without sticker?

Nichrome

• Global Moderator

may someone confirm rma without sticker?
I believe you were redirected to contact your card seller or local MSI office? >>How to contact MSI.<<

Usually it does not void warranty if you remove it/break it (as its on a screw) but it still depends on the country you live in and its best to confirm with reseller(shop) or MSI office.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

sales

• CORPORAL

msi support have solve the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up