Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2080 Gaming x Trio Fan Speed issues.  (Read 96 times)

XyresTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
2080 Gaming x Trio Fan Speed issues.
« on: 11-December-19, 00:48:25 »

Hello, I'm having an issue with my GPU that only started happening in the last two-ish weeks.

When my computer is loading or playing games the GPU's fans will sometimes start spiking their speed fairly significantly. The temperature gets to about 74c, and the GPU fan % is at around 49, but the RPM of the fans themselves are at 3000+. This is very odd to me because when the fans are at ~40% speed the RPM sits around 1400 and it doesn't make sense that an additional 10% would double the fan speed. I am using the provided metal bracket and I'm not using any OC profiles or anything of the sort. Is there a known fix for this issue or has my card gone defective and is in need of RMA?

I will try to provide any additional info if requested as I would love to get this sorted out as the card is less than a year old.

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator
Re: 2080 Gaming x Trio Fan Speed issues.
« Reply #1 on: 11-December-19, 06:01:18 »

I am using the provided metal bracket

Can you provide a photo how is installed?
Does it make constants on both points in center and on the end of the card?

XyresTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: 2080 Gaming x Trio Fan Speed issues.
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 22:37:48 »

I can, I will try and get one for you tomorrow. It did touch on the two main points but the brace was very flimsy and it had almost slipped into one of the fans. I got an aftermarket support brace and so far everything seems to be working much better, however the issue still exists where it can ramp up to 100% GPU usage really quick on certain games and the fans accelerate to 3000+ rpm. Overall the fans seem like they are under a lot less stress though. I think the old brace might have slipped and caused this new issue as the glue on the rubber pads seemed to be melting off. I will get you those pictures and then hopefully you can advise based on them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up