Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Forum Wallpaper Design Contest  (Read 66267 times)

MSI-PromotionsTopic starter

• MSI Tech
  • MSI: Just Game!
    • MSI Gaming Series
MSI Forum Wallpaper Design Contest
« on: 28-May-13, 10:21:04 »

Prize:
 The winner will be rewarded with a soon to be launched Z87-GD65 GAMING motherboard.
(check it out at http://game.msi.com)

How:
 Design and submit a wallpaper in this Forum topic.
 (If you don't have an MSI Forum account you need to register first here, please read how to add pictures to forum posts below)

Contest Rules:
-   Submitted wallpapers must be at least 1920x1080.
    (Preferably JPG or PNG formats, 16:9 or 16:10 ratio, max 2560x1600)

-   You can post as many unique wallpapers as you like until the contest ends at June 28th 18:00h (GMT).
    (when we will lock this topic).

-   MSI will select and announce the winner, one week after the contest has ended.

-   The winner will be contacted by PM and registered email.
    (if we can’t reach the winner within one week, we will select a new winner)
    (so please check your PMs/Email regularly when the contest has ended)

-   MSI Forum Rules and MSI Forum Terms also apply to the Wallpaper entries, so keep it clean.
    (no obscenity/vulgarity/copyrighted material).
    MSI reserves the right to remove entries when we think the entry is inappropriate.

-   By submitting your wallpaper entry to this forum you give MSI the right to use/upload/print
    any wallpaper entries for marketing activities during or after this contest.

Hints:
-   Upload your wallpaper(s) to an image hoster  (e.g. photobucket, imageshack, etc) or other online location with unrestricted access.

-   Please use the following tags to add your uploaded wallpaper to your forum post.

Code: [Select]
[img width=760]http://url-to-your-wallpaper-goes-here.jpg[/img]    (“width=760” added for proper forum scaling, does not affect original image). More info here.
    (Please Note if you also want to use the URL tags you need at least 2 posts in the forum (=anti spam measure))

-   Use high quality pictures. As a starter you can use any pictures/logos from http://media.msi.com or
    other MSI websites (http://www.msi.com, http://game.msi.com, http://oc.msi.com)

-   Increase your chance of winning by:
      1.) Using the MSI Dragon image
      2.) Using the MSI Gaming theme or the MSI OC theme
      3.) Get a lot of users to share your Forum post on Facebook
           (everyone can share your Forum post on Facebook by clicking the button in your forum post).

Good luck everyone.
Like and share us on Facebook

ScaleneKitten

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: MSI Forum Wallpaper Design Contest
« Reply #1 on: 28-May-13, 11:46:04 »

It's been i while that i used photoshop but yeah i gave it a try :P

Bytebitten

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 28-May-13, 14:40:36 »

I am trying to create different styles of Wallpapers.

Not my best design, but we have to start somewhere:

Other approach:

And it's simple version:

JayTio

• PRIVATE E-2

And here is my first try:

badboy2k

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 29-May-13, 10:06:59 »

ok guys your not just making a Wallpaper for the Z87 boards but a MSI Gaming Wallpaper of your own design and you can venture outside of the Above points listed for this competition as there just guidelines so anything to do with MSI Gaming Products in general is fair game here... (Motherboard, Graphics Cards or anything else)

if you like you can make your own custom parts and themes for the Desktop Wallpaper and you do not have to stick to the black and red theme in anyway unless you want to so mix things up to what you like.

Examples:

1:

2:

3:

4;

i have attached some High Res components that you can change and place in any way that you like as the entries so far have been very Rigid and we would like to see some more Originality if you can. the High Res parts i have Supplied Because your Current Submissions Seem to be using Rescaled Copies of the original LOW RES copies from the original Image on here and as such its very Pixleated so if you can use the ones (3 .PNG files in the archives) in the included RAR or ZIP as they are 4x plus the resolution of the original on here and are very smooth in comparison.

SO Good Luck, as I am Exempt from being able to win as I'm a moderator but above are my ones that as i made them i thought i would use as good examples of what type of thing you can do and for inspiration. (they are guides only and you can go as far as you like in making them so use your imagination and i look forward to seeing what you come up with)

(Badboy2k Global Moderator)
Motherboard: MSI 790FX-GD70 (bios 1.17) AM3
Processor:AMD phenom IIx4 955 black edition 3.2GHz processor(Clock speed of 4GHz)
Cooler: corsair H100 cooler
Ram: 16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz ram (2 dual channel kits model: CMP8GX3M2A1600C9) (underclocked at 1333MHz)
GPU: 1: MSI R7870 -2GD5T/OC @ 1155mhz , 2: MSI R7850-Twin Frozer 2GD5/OC @ 925mhz
PSU: Thermaltake tougthpower 1500W (+12v1 20A, +12v2 20A, +12v3 40A, +12v4 40A) (+12v1=20+4 connector, +12v2=CPU power, +12v3=PCI_E connections, +12v4 = molex+sata+PCI_E connectors  )
Extras: 1 x 4 port raid card (model SIL3114) ASUS Xonar Essence STX sound card PCI-E X1.

Nightfire

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 29-May-13, 16:51:07 »

Are there games we can use pictures/names from? For now I used content owned by MSI.

#2 (proud of this one :))

badboy2k

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 29-May-13, 17:06:12 »

Are there games we can use pictures/names from? For now I used content owned by MSI.

I'm not sure on that you will have to wait for a official response from MSI-Promotions!

also i see you have used the supplied images that i uploaded and i have to say they look nice on your entries.
Processor:AMD phenom IIx4 955 black edition 3.2GHz processor(Clock speed of 4GHz)
Ram: 16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz ram (2 dual channel kits model: CMP8GX3M2A1600C9) (underclocked at 1333MHz)
GPU: 1: MSI R7870 -2GD5T/OC @ 1155mhz , 2: MSI R7850-Twin Frozer 2GD5/OC @ 925mhz
PSU: Thermaltake tougthpower 1500W (+12v1 20A, +12v2 20A, +12v3 40A, +12v4 40A) (+12v1=20+4 connector, +12v2=CPU power, +12v3=PCI_E connections, +12v4 = molex+sata+PCI_E connectors  )
Extras: 1 x 4 port raid card (model SIL3114) ASUS Xonar Essence STX sound card PCI-E X1.

• MSI Tech
    • MSI Gaming Series
« Reply #7 on: 30-May-13, 03:45:51 »

Excellent idea. We would like to see some variations with other image material.
Anything that has to do with gaming or overclocking we can only encourage to use in the wallpaper design.
Basically you can design anything that has to do with MSI.
Image material from our Gaming line-up (Motherboards, Graphic Cards, Notebooks, AIO)  and our Overclocking line-up (MPOWER, XPOWER, LIGHTNING) are just offered to get you started.

While this material can be used to create excellent wallpapers, we would like to see more image material to be thrown into the mix.

MSI doesn't own the copyrights to any Game image material.
We do work together with several game developers but only when we do Game bundle actions we can use their copyrighted material for commercial use.

If you search the internet you can find several Game inspired wallpaper sites, like:
http://wallpaperswide.com/
http://www.hdgamewallpaper.com/
http://www.hdwallpapers.in/
http://www.gamewallpapers.com/index.php

Most of these websites state that the copyright is still property of their respective owners but that content may be used for personal/home use (commercial use is prohibited).
Copyright is always tricky. You will always be responsible for the design, which means that you need to check the copyright.

The wallpapers designed here are also intented for personal/home use. So it won't cause too many problems.
If a copyright owner asks us to remove any of the wallpapers, we will ask you to remove or modify the design.
(If MSI wants to use any of the submitted wallpapers for commercial use we will contact the copyright owner before we use it)

xmad

• MSI HQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Salisbury MD
« Reply #8 on: 02-June-13, 22:32:20 »

Nice Empire!

Might have to make that one my background  :biggthumbsup:
Make sure to select a "best" answer once your issue has been resolved!
Mainboard: X79A-GD65 (8D)
CPU: I7-3930K
Setting: 4.5Ghz enhanced turbo w/ speed step functioning.
Memory: Corsair Dominator 2133 CL:9  1.5v 4x4gb
Setting: 2400 CL:10
VGA: 2 x GTX 780Ti Gaming 3G (SLI)
No Overclock other than default
PSU: Corsair AX1200i 12v: 100.1 Amps
SSD: Corsair GS 256GB
Corsair Link
Cooling: Corsair H100I

EmpireEcho

• Da Greek
  • SERGEANT
    • Battlelog
« Reply #9 on: 03-June-13, 03:16:24 »

Nice Empire!

Might have to make that one my background  :biggthumbsup:
you shittin me? really you like it? :D thank you very much for your good words (': !
Motherboard : MSI 970A-G45, Watercooled
CPU: FX 6100 3.6Ghz Overclocked / Watercooled
DDR3 Ram: Vengeance — 16GB Dual/Quad Channel
GPU: Radeon HD6850
PSU: Corsair GS800
Case: Coolermaster Haf 912 Plus
Led Strips Blue , Led blue x2 Big Fans
LCD Screen for Temps about the system

Nightfire

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #10 on: 05-June-13, 12:34:04 »

EmpireEcho

• Da Greek
  • SERGEANT
    • Battlelog
« Reply #11 on: 05-June-13, 18:59:13 »

Please Delete the previous post/photo . no bullsh!ts this time.
Sorry that would become a problem with previous photo that would become a problem

badboy2k

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 05-June-13, 20:54:11 »

Sorry that would become a problem with previous photo that would become a problem

that is nice great work you have done EmpireEcho..

EmpireEcho

• Da Greek
  • SERGEANT
    • Battlelog
« Reply #13 on: 05-June-13, 20:58:21 »

that is nice great work you have done EmpireEcho..

thank you dude :D . this Red Alert girl is damn hot :3

Nightfire

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #14 on: 06-June-13, 09:32:20 »

Wow nice EmpireEcho!
Made a new one last night, though I can't edit my last post to insert the wallpaper, is that normal?

And with a small adjustment:

EmpireEcho

• Da Greek
  • SERGEANT
    • Battlelog
« Reply #15 on: 06-June-13, 09:43:10 »

Wow nice EmpireEcho!
Made a new one last night, though I can't edit my last post to insert the wallpaper, is that normal?

Hello.
yes maybe when someone reply after your post you cant edit your previous post (i think im not sure for that.)
good job
i liked your picture.where did you find the background?

RemusM

• Memory Expert
  • LIEUTENANT COLONEL
    • Necromanthus
« Reply #16 on: 06-June-13, 10:31:09 »

Increase your chance of winning by:
1.) Using the MSI Dragon image
2.) Using the MSI Gaming theme or the MSI OC theme
3.) Get a lot of users to share your Forum post on Facebook

Good luck everyone.

4.) Using the MSI girls

:lol_anim:
 :biggthumbsup:

Mainboard: HC85
Processor: Zilog Z80 3.5MHz
System RAM: 48KB
Video RAM: 16KB (only 6912 bytes are used for Pixel Shader effects)
Video Card: integrated (16 colors)
PSU: 5V/3A

note: NO overclocking!

Bernhard

• Support the MSI Red Rockets Team Members 나는 한국을 사랑
  • GENERAL
  • Read the user manual first. Properly
« Reply #17 on: 06-June-13, 10:45:59 »

4.) Using the MSI girls
  :biggthumbsup: ;D

Cant get more lifelike than that.  :yes:
1.B350F Gaming; R5-1600; Crucial MX300 275GB, Ballistix Sport LT BLS16G4D240FSC 2X8gb; Sapphire RX580 Pulse 8gb; Seasonic750W; Win10-64; LG DVD
2.FUJITSU LIFEBOOK S751 QM67;i5-2520M;2 X 4GB 1333Crucial CT256 MX100; Win10-64; Orico Dual Bay USB3 Dock

"veni vedi doctus"
MSI 미친

flobelix

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • 微星科技
    • Afterburner New Features Introduction | MSI
« Reply #18 on: 06-June-13, 12:36:20 »

yes maybe when someone reply after your post you cant edit your previous post (i think im not sure for that.)

No, it depends on the time passed by. You can modify a post up to 180 minutes after posting.

Editing your post

Sometimes you will realize you forgot something or made a mistake after posting.
No problem, for 180 minutes after posting you can modify your post clicking Modify

After 180 minutes your post is contributed as is and can't be changed.

MSI X299 Gaming M7 ACK (MS-7A90) Bios 1.9
Core i7 7820X @ 4404.45 MHz (44 * 100.1 MHz, fixed all cores), 1.158v - delidded and using der8auer Skylake-X Direct Die Frame
Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 Liquid CPU Cooler
32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair CMR32GX4M4Z3200C16 @ 1602.9 MHz (DDR4-3206), 16-18-18-36-2t, 1.35v
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti DUKE 11G OC
256GB Samsung 830 SSD + 2TB Crucial MX500 SSD
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 1200W Platinum • +12V: 100A • +3.3V: 25A • +5V: 25A
Windows 10 Pro
MSI MAG BUNKER Case

EmpireEcho

• Da Greek
  • SERGEANT
    • Battlelog
« Reply #19 on: 06-June-13, 13:16:37 »

No, it depends on the time passed by. You can modify a post up to 180 minutes after posting.
AAAAAAA.okay then :P thanks for info :)

tymtostart

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #20 on: 08-June-13, 09:21:56 »

The objective here is to do something on your own, not to steal images on the internet and make it your own... -_-

And PLEASE, if you want to steal stuff... try to steal HD pictures... at least...
Config : MSI GT680R

tymtostart

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #21 on: 08-June-13, 09:54:39 »

Hello everyone,

Here is my submission for the contest with 7 wallpapers (I know it's a lot... but I was inspired so... ^^ )

For the 2 first ones, I wanted some classic good looking wallpapers with the MSI Dragon being the center of it, with some high quality effects. So here they are, a bright version and a dark one.

Hope you guys like it.

For the 5 next ones, I tried something really different. More in an advertising campaign way. Some minimalist looking wallpapers, trying to focus on simple things, no shadow effect. Art on it's purest form, simple but well thought.

I asked myself why people would chose MSI instead of another brand, so I figured the people who already know that. So I first started with the "Gamers know why" because it's obvious, then went to an iconic e-sport legend ("Legends Know Why") Mr. Patrik 'cArn' Sättermon, I think he and the Fnatic team clearly represent why people should chose MSI. So I used the Fnatic team for the third one "Winners know why", they are clearly one of the best multigaming team of the world and are sponsored by MSI for quite a few years now. (The picture is from the IEM 5 ;) For the 4th one, I noticed that I start to see more and more MSI laptops around me, at college etc, so I thought that "The World knows why". And for the last one I tried to represent the spirit around the MSI Dragon and the whole Gaming part of MSI, that feeling of POWER. So I tried to make that last one a combination of the 2 styles. Representing the Power coming out of the Dragon... in a minimalist way. So here's "Unleash the Dragon". I hope I succeed. And I really hope you like my work. It took me several hours to complete that "campaign" and I'm really proud of it. I used the "#" system in it because as I made it as an advertising campaign, I thought it would be nice if everyone could share that spirit easily.

The picture of cArn and the one of the Fnatic team are from the internet, the rest comes from my personal pictures (textures and such) and of course everything is homemade.

Cheers.
Config : MSI GT680R

EmpireEcho

• Da Greek
  • SERGEANT
    • Battlelog
« Reply #22 on: 08-June-13, 11:07:24 »

The objective here is to do something on your own, not to steal images on the internet and make it your own... -_-

And PLEASE, if you want to steal stuff... try to steal HD pictures... at least...
and who steals HD wallpapers?

• MSI Tech
    • MSI Gaming Series
« Reply #23 on: 12-June-13, 09:14:45 »

We appreciate all entries but we do already have some favorite contenders :agrees:
(order is chronologic, order does not represent ranking necessarily):

More than two weeks to go, so keep them coming.

Who wants to win a Z87-GD65 Gaming???

random hero

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #24 on: 15-June-13, 13:13:25 »

Hi guys,

My entry:

I really like this contest, it's a great way to show some creativity.

EmpireEcho

• Da Greek
  • SERGEANT
    • Battlelog
« Reply #25 on: 15-June-13, 13:17:36 »

Hi guys,

My entry:

I really like this contest, it's a great way to show some creativity.

Hello,
Good job but looks like with tymtostart's

random hero

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #26 on: 15-June-13, 16:27:53 »

Good job but looks like with tymtostart's

Yea, turns out that we both thought the msi dragon would be cool in a wallpaper. 

flobelix

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • 微星科技
    • Afterburner New Features Introduction | MSI
« Reply #27 on: 15-June-13, 16:31:34 »

Actually those aren't that much the same. Also this contest is about MSI gaming so not quite surprising the dragon appears. No worries.
MSI X299 Gaming M7 ACK (MS-7A90) Bios 1.9
Core i7 7820X @ 4404.45 MHz (44 * 100.1 MHz, fixed all cores), 1.158v - delidded and using der8auer Skylake-X Direct Die Frame
Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 Liquid CPU Cooler
32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair CMR32GX4M4Z3200C16 @ 1602.9 MHz (DDR4-3206), 16-18-18-36-2t, 1.35v
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti DUKE 11G OC
256GB Samsung 830 SSD + 2TB Crucial MX500 SSD
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 1200W Platinum • +12V: 100A • +3.3V: 25A • +5V: 25A
Windows 10 Pro
MSI MAG BUNKER Case

EmpireEcho

• Da Greek
  • SERGEANT
    • Battlelog
« Reply #28 on: 15-June-13, 19:57:45 »

Actually those aren't that much the same. Also this contest is about MSI gaming so not quite surprising the dragon appears. No worries.
i said "looks like same" i didnt say "THEY ARE SAME" .lol

• MSI Tech
    • MSI Gaming Series
« Reply #29 on: 22-June-13, 04:15:13 »

Only one week to go...

The Z87-GD65 GAMING Motherboard price is still up for graps.

Can you create the best looking MSI wallpaper?

Contest will end at June 28th 18:00h (GMT), topic will be locked.

Noway77

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #30 on: 23-June-13, 05:28:35 »

I like this one. A Girl with a Gun always a win.

EmpireEcho

• Da Greek
  • SERGEANT
    • Battlelog
« Reply #31 on: 23-June-13, 07:23:19 »

I like this one. A Girl with a Gun always a win.
hahha thank you very much sir :D

i Think i choose the right girl . i found before 1 week 1-2 models better O.P Style you know, shame... that I had not found them before

pushh

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #32 on: 25-June-13, 06:18:22 »

Hello, so I decided to make 2 versions. I hope you'll like them  :)

Optimus 2x | AMD Athlon II x4 640 @ 3.5GHz | Asus m4a88t-m | Msi GTX560 ti 448 cores | 4gb DDR3 1600 MHz patriot (cl9) | 500 + 80gb HDD | Corsair VX550 | Custom case - ( Carbon fiber mod in progress ) | Ozone Oxid | Ozone GroundLevel

random hero

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #33 on: 25-June-13, 07:56:42 »

Hello, so I decided to make 2 versions. I hope you'll like them  :)

Looks very good man. Nice light effects on the background :hat tip:

pushh

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #34 on: 25-June-13, 10:06:47 »

Looks very good man. Nice light effects on the background :hat tip:
Thanks dude  :hat tip: :)
Optimus 2x | AMD Athlon II x4 640 @ 3.5GHz | Asus m4a88t-m | Msi GTX560 ti 448 cores | 4gb DDR3 1600 MHz patriot (cl9) | 500 + 80gb HDD | Corsair VX550 | Custom case - ( Carbon fiber mod in progress ) | Ozone Oxid | Ozone GroundLevel

joaoCunha

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #35 on: 26-June-13, 15:08:33 »

here i leave my entry hope you all like  :biggthumbsup:

]

MSI  :agrees:

COMBO2

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #36 on: 27-June-13, 23:10:21 »

Here's my try. Hope you guys like it. :)

Tried something different and I don't think it's too bad.

Cheers,
- Parker

COMBO2

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #37 on: 28-June-13, 04:16:46 »

Here's another one I did too. Different style, much more simplistic.

Cheers,
- Parker

EmpireEcho

• Da Greek
  • SERGEANT
    • Battlelog
« Reply #38 on: 28-June-13, 05:53:26 »

Here's another one I did too. Different style, much more simplistic.

Cheers,
- Parker

i dont like the first. but i like the second wallpaper and basically the silver dragon in the black background. its great :D

COMBO2

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #39 on: 28-June-13, 06:59:11 »

i dont like the first. but i like the second wallpaper and basically the silver dragon in the black background. its great :D

Haha, thanks man. It was sort of a last thought. I knew most people would either love or hate the first one and knowing that I decided to create something simple that would look nice on a desktop of any sort. Your backgrounds look sick too mate! :D
Part of the reason I made the first is because I believed that IPS monitors would display the colours really nicely. The space theme allows lots of bright colours to be shown therefore highlighting the display of an IPS panel.

EmpireEcho

• Da Greek
  • SERGEANT
    • Battlelog
« Reply #40 on: 28-June-13, 07:03:31 »

Haha, thanks man. It was sort of a last thought. I knew most people would either love or hate the first one and knowing that I decided to create something simple that would look nice on a desktop of any sort. Your backgrounds look sick too mate! :D

haha thank you dude :D good luck :D

• MSI Tech
    • MSI Gaming Series
« Reply #41 on: 28-June-13, 10:02:41 »

The competition ended. Thank you all for participating.
We'll announce the winner soon.

• MSI Tech
    • MSI Gaming Series
« Reply #42 on: 05-July-13, 14:04:33 »

We have selected a winner and the winner is... (drumroll)...

Tymtostart

with this wallpaper design:

Congratulations Tymtostart, we have shipped the Z87-GD65 GAMING motherboard to your address.

Thanks everyone for participating and hopefully we can do another contest in the future, so check back regularly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up